What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Taking care of my children's knives

48386711206_8a11e9f98b_z.jpg

Â

Huh. Look what ended up in my pocket again. My Boker Doubletree Congress. I'm finding I really like the Congress pattern. And the curves in the handles of this particular knife fit my hand perfectly. A little Solingen 440C never hurt anybody, and it's Stag Saturday too!

20190727_073017.jpg

20190727_073104 sized 40 then by 50.jpg

Nice pair, especially ‘Ol Scratchy there on the right. But my eyes are drawn to that beautiful walnut crotch wood your knives are posing on.

You have a blessed weekend as well, Ron! So far, so good...

After an extremely late start due to our wettest May in recorded history, the vegetable garden is catching up nicely. Broccoli heads are 3 or 4 inches across, a bunch of sweet grilling peppers are almost ready, and beans and squashes are blooming. I’m looking forward to the entire day in the perennial borders moving plants, battling the creeping charlie, and transplanting some young walnuts and oaks planted by the squirrels, so todays knives were picked with that in mind.

If you look closely in the squash blossom, you can see a bee doing what bees do...View attachment 1168862
Thanks Jeff! Ole Scratchy has some decent character for Pere David Stag. That is a beautiful piece of walnut. Believe it or not I bought that piece at a roadside vegetable / fruit market in Delaware! :) We were coming back to DC from a week at the beach. They had lots of nicely figured locally sourced hardwood boards that were cut in shapes to use as cutting boards. This piece of Walnut caught my eye. :) With your carry choices for today you’re well prepared for that garden! :thumbsup: :cool:

What are you trying to catch with that rig? :D

The small Tinker is probably my favorite cellidor SAK. Super comfortable to carry :thumbsup:

I figure if I hook’em just right, the blade will open up and the fish will be gutted before I land it. Saves a little time that way....:rolleyes:

And I agree, it seems to disappear in the pocket.

Back