What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Old Friends Friday is upon us, so I'm totin' this old friend today: a John Primble India Steel Works curved jack (1890-1940).

daDVapU.jpg

3FDh4UC.jpg

nyvTkyN.jpg

YPVWmcY.jpg

- Stuart
Magnificent bone on that dreamy piece Stuart.

View attachment 1168853 View attachment 1168852

I have wanted to add a Scrimshaw knife to my collection for quite a while. Several weeks ago, I came across a very talented artist and decided to entrust her with a GEC white bone 78 as her canvas. She normally uses Chinese knives to keep the cost down, but I cannot abide by those products. She did a great job. I can lose myself in the scene she created.

@r8shell , I know you love Scrimshaw and thought you might enjoy seeing this.

Gevonovich Gevonovich and @meako , as the Porch’s two poet laureates, I thought this knife might fire your imaginations!

Thanks @solphilos , the 78 is a classic. The walk and talk of every one that I have owned has been perfect. I thought the shape and large size of the handles would give her a lot of real estate to draw on.

Thanks Ron Half/Stop Half/Stop !
Very nice work Greg. Congrats.

IMG_4324.jpeg

Brisket in the smoker celebrating mail call of this fine knife.

northwoodsmammothsignaljack-1.jpg
Sunday’s usually my smoker day, but Saturday is a fine time for it!
Enjoy the day, John
Beautiful Buck, sir

FRg53pM.jpg

It’s a hot one today, I couldn't even find enough shade to take the picture, haha.

View attachment 1169107 View attachment 1169108 View attachment 1169109

The 93 run was epic! The Northwoods was a great way to cap it off.

What a fine looking knife you three are sporting!

Thanks GT! I dunno, it is a lost-and-found knife I rediscovered a little while back, it is some kind of burl but beyond that I am not certain. ATS-34 steel, made in Japan.
These two for me today:

wF7nvI2.jpg
Tom, thanks for the info about the lockback. :)
Notable pale pair, pal! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Gary; the springs, over 30 years, have acquired a very even and dark patina.

Thanks for the info and pic, Dean; I was quite sure that would be the case. :) I received that NOS Uncle Henry from you soon after I traded a 34OT for a used Uncle Henry, and I was amazed by the patina the latter had formed on its springs:
twins.backsprings.jpg

Two knives today, a Case 63090 stockman and a Case XX USA 11031 Sheepsfoot.

What a remarkable pair, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: The stockman with the walnut Rogers jigged bone and quad-threaded bolsters is such a stylish knife, and the wood sheepsfoot isn't classically stylish at all, but has such substance (and yours has an impressive edge)!

Today with Case mini trapper with wharncliffe blade.:):thumbsup:
29y1nhx.jpg
José, what a handsome Wharncliffe mini trapper! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

These 2 are becoming regulars in my pockets .

Harry
Regular and ravishing, Harry!!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I'll be toting these two black covered knives for Friday; a '22-'39 Robeson and a '46-'49 Camillus Scout :)
Another amazing pair, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Both are older than I am (one by only 2-5 years), but both are in much better condition than I am!! :D:thumbsup:

Hey guys, been awhile since I’ve posted, the pics you’ve all been postin’ have been spectacular. Nearly every knife you all have been puttin’ up makes me want it. Unfortunately my appetite for knives isn’t supported financially by my income. :) So vicariously through you I get to enjoy the knives I don’t have or can’t afford. Just wanted to say thanks :)
95kqZrlh.jpg
Well-said, Ted! :):cool::thumbsup::cool: I'm vicariously enjoying the heck out of your CSC 2015 BF knife! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Maybe he bought the small can?

Spectacular totes, Gary.
I didn't realize Spam came in different sizes; that would make more sense, portion-size-wise. ;)
Thanks for good-mouthing my knives, Vince. :)

Itnl,Big,WP&Misc K.t.w...mighty fine GT!
View attachment 1168270
Robeson jack with ebony scales, and Camillus TL-29 with black composite.
Thanks for the good word, Jeff, and right back at you regarding your pair! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I'm especially partial to that EO ebony teardrop!

View attachment 1168277 A few months ago I knew absolutely nothing about lambsfoot knives. Now that I own one I am working to buy another. I just love this thing...for its beauty and its versatility.
Bill, your stag Hartshead lambsfoot Barlow sure has a lot of lovable features!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mexican Bocote #25 from 2015....
6ZWHUtj.jpg
I'm really enjoying your 25s on parade this week! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

img_7407.jpg

Clerk’s Knife and ebony Calf Roper. Going with me to the hospital today as my chemo security knives. Silly, but makes me feel better.
Best wishes and prayers on that chemo thing, my friend!
+5K !!! :):thumbsup: Hoping you can shake the side effects and reap the benefits of the chemo ASAP, @Mayonardo!

Thanks Gary and great pictures !
Thanks, Steve! :)

Jolly juxtaposition of the old school knife on the hi-tech background, Dave! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

One of my favorite things is to make people laugh. On the other hand, Gary, your knife collection is no laughing matter. Simply wonderful. I always look forward to your pick of the week, carry knives.:thumbsup:
Camillus Cutlery Co. George Washington 1932 Commemorative (200th Birthday)Quill Knife. A well made replica of the one given to George by his Mother as he departed for his first employment as a land surveyor. I cannot tell a lie. I love this tiny knife.
View attachment 1168404
Thanks for the supportive comments, Harvey. :)
Your photos stand out for their ability to reveal what I'd have never seen with my naked eyes! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Old Friends Friday is upon us, so I'm totin' this old friend today: a John Primble India Steel Works curved jack (1890-1940).
nyvTkyN.jpg

- Stuart
You've got friends in VERY high places, Stuart! :eek::cool::thumbsup: Do you know what that style of jigging is typically called? What about the color of the bone? So beyond my personal experience so far!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays knife choices. I forgot to take any pics this week. Fridays knife later today when I get the chance.

View attachment 1168443
Impressive week in review! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My carry has been pretty static the last few weeks but I brought along a smaller companion as well today.

tLyJub7.jpg
That pair is a complementary dream come true in so many ways, Dylan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

The Case trapper has been around for about a century, I believe. It is an extraordinary knife.
4vVtZJ7.jpg

Two large blades that will handle about anything, and a handle that was made for me.
You haven't been around as long as the pattern, Vince, but you're an extraordinary guy, and the two of you make a great team! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today my pocket tote will be a couple Robeson knives; a scout from '11-'21 and a Barlow from '48-'59.:rolleyes:
I've been meaning to ask you what model time-machine you use to get these knives!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a fantastic "spirit of summer" photo! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1168853 View attachment 1168852

I have wanted to add a Scrimshaw knife to my collection for quite a while. Several weeks ago, I came across a very talented artist and decided to entrust her with a GEC white bone 78 as her canvas. She normally uses Chinese knives to keep the cost down, but I cannot abide by those products. She did a great job. I can lose myself in the scene she created.
Congrats on that sublime scrimshaw 78, Greg! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I've seen that artist's work before somewhere online, and it's stunning!

Taking care of my children's knives

48386711206_8a11e9f98b_z.jpg

Â
Terrific Taramundis! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

I didn't realize Spam came in different sizes; that would make more sense, portion-size-wise. ;)
I think there are three sizes: the original size can, which everyone should be familiar with; a half-size can; and individual portions in foil packets.
You haven't been around as long as the pattern, Vince, but you're an extraordinary guy, and the two of you make a great team! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Gee, shucks!

Back