What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

4B35738A-77E8-491F-8FD0-8DDACAA2C286_zpsxiichl7e.jpeg

One of this lot, but which one? ;)

The Ivory Bone I think!
I would have a tough time choosing only one of those beauties!;)
Just got this Case Barlow CV yesterday so I think I'll tote it around today.
They look awfully good!!! I'm patiently waiting for mine.:eek:
Thanks for your thoughtful replies, JJ. :):thumbsup::thumbsup: There were a lot of "heavy hitters" hanging around RAND/DOD back in the Cold War days!
Most certainly, Gary; your choses are always exceptional!!!
There were assuredly quite the cast of characters during that time! A favorite movie of mine, Dr. Strangelove, was based on a close friend and associate of my father during his early days at RAND.:rolleyes:
Lovely ligneous selections! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks Gary, i really enjoy a good wood cover!!!:)
Sears Craftsman #95044, and Schrade 94OT:)
Jeff, you always have outstanding "hard work" knife choices, that I know you put to task!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Red Bone and Stag (sounds like a sequel to Green Eggs and Ham);)
Those two certainly make a handsome couple, Paul!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
That's a fistful of fairly fine looking forest products, JJ.
Thanks Stuart!!!
JJ, cool pair you have today. I don’t know much about Wenger’s but that is a neat one! And the Case barlow, well, what’s there to say, timeless classic!:thumbsup:
Thanks again, Stuart! I'm hoping the latest Case release continues the legacy;)
Outstanding shot of your "black box" toothpick today, very cool!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
A Wright & Sons Big'un lambsfoot in Maple burl courtesy of Glennbad.
Those Glennbad maple burl covers are a work of art, Dwight; you certainly weren't kidding about his talent (great shot, too!!!):thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Wonderful image, Harvey!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Last edited:
Last edited:
A favorite movie of mine, Dr. Strangelove, was based on a close friend and associate of my father during his early days at RAND.:rolleyes:

Jeff, you always have outstanding "hard work" knife choices, that I know you put to task!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

“Hard work users” captures the...essence:D of my collection. And learning to love, not the bomb, but what I already have instead of looking to get more, sure saves me money.
I love a well used, but well cared for knife ~ your old, and rare, Wenger Soldier, for example.
I also love seeing all of the vintage knives that look like they belong in a glass display case, being in pristine, unused condition (like many of yours!), as well as the new and collectables that the members here show in this thread.

It will be fun to see what the porchsters bring back from the GEC rendezvous both knives and stories of meeting other forum members:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thank you, Jack. :)
Happy you had a good day celebrating. Wonderful picture of the Hartshead and Roses too. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you very much my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack! I hope you've had a very fine day today. Wonderful choice of cutlery!

As promised, I've switched out my previous choices for the delightfully special (and quite limited) Hartshead Barlow. I thought it fitting for such a special day.

Happy Yorkshire Day!

zv4JZId.jpg

Thanks Dylan, I had a good day :) That's a stiking photo of your Hartshead Barlow my friend :) :thumbsup:

A Wright & Sons Big'un lambsfoot in Maple burl courtesy of Glennbad.View attachment 1172104

Very special Dwight, and great work by @glennbad, as always :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! It's currently my favorite knife. That's a pretty white rose and a beautiful HHB. Happy Yorkshire Day! :)
EMDLDmM.jpg

Thank you very much, I think it's an excellent pattern :) :thumbsup:

Those Glennbad maple burl covers are a work of art, Dwight; you certainly weren't kidding about his talent (great shot, too!!!)
Thank you JJ. Fantastic pair of oldies you're sporting. Love the BSA.

I'm not on the way to be cured of this Barlow addiction
Perfect pair of aces Â.

It will be fun to see what the porchsters bring back from the GEC rendezvous both knives and stories of meeting other forum members
Me too Jeff. Always enjoy the pics, stories and knives.

Very special Dwight, and great work by @glennbad, as always
Thank you Jack. Beautiful pic of the black knife with checkered scales. What is that fine specimen?

Still CFing CEing this one today.IMG_4520.jpeg

Back