What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

“Hard work users” captures the...essence:D of my collection. And learning to love, not the bomb, but what I already have instead of looking to get more, sure saves me money.
I love a well used, but well cared for knife ~ your old, and rare, Wenger Soldier, for example.
I also love seeing all of the vintage knives that look like they belong in a glass display case, being in pristine, unused condition (like many of yours!), as well as the new and collectables that the members here show in this thread.
I greatly appreciate seeing knifes well used and well cared for, like yours! Today is a perfect example as I can see your Kabar jack is used and very well cared for, sporting a magnificent cutting edge!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
My daily car carry is very much similar to your daily totes, only not even close in the overall "cool factor.";)

Still CFing CEing this one today.
Still great to look at!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Good knives and good boots. Two of life's finer pleasures. GEC #66 Calf Roper.
That's a hard combo to beat; those covers look amazing!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
JJ Cahill JJ Cahill - Thank you JJ. Love those two vintage cream puffs.
Thanks Harvey! Your knife not only looks superb, it's making me hungry!!!:eek:
Barlow Day
I recall as a youngster that "keen" was the old "cool"; your Barlow is both keen and cool!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Schrade walden 856. :)
Hard to beat a tough old Schrade beauty!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Pocketed a neglected favorite today. Paired with a blade that needs some work to do.
Great pair of ebony beauties; my favorite knife wood!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
But here are the knives from this week that I haven't posted yet:
Great choices and images Gary!!! Your Jack Black "Cracker Jack" really brings back some sweet memories!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:

Happy Friday to all :)
uhzlVQ8.jpg

I greatly appreciate seeing knifes well used and well cared for, like yours! Today is a perfect example as I can see your Kabar jack is used and very well cared for, sporting a magnificent cutting edge!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
My daily car carry is very much similar to your daily totes, only not even close in the overall "cool factor.";)
You're very kind, JJ, but gotta say these are very cool knives. Of course, I highly commend your choice of the TL-29, but curious about that wood handled sodbuster type knife. Who made it? It looks great.

Carried the the top knives in Rows 1 & 2 in the first below picture as I was cleaning knives and choosing which ones to pack to take with us to the Rendezvous . Lamb and Ram

Others to choose from too .

Chosen and packed and ready to go .

Harry
Quite an assemblage there, Harry! Happily, I've had the pleasure to fondle some of those.

Since the knives you've chosen for show 'n tell filled that knife roll, I hope you have another for the new ones that follow you home!
Have a great time at the rendezvous, and please give my best to the Mrs. I hope you treat her to a nice dinner out for putting up with ya!

You're very kind, JJ, but gotta say these are very cool knives. Of course, I highly commend your choice of the TL-29, but curious about that wood handled sodbuster type knife. Who made it? It looks great.
Thanks Jeff! The sodbuster frame is a knife I saw on a YouTube show, made by BudK in 1095 China steel. It is the Bushmaster Bushcraft field folder model and was around $10. It's a slicing madman, really surprising me!!!:eek:

For today's pocket tote I'm going with two from opposite ends of the planet; a German Puma stag hunter I got in the early '80s and a Japanese Eagle (Parker?) Barlow I recently acquired as I liked the bone cover and step bolster (the blades came "chisel ground" but I set the apex straight!):eek:

View attachment 1172735 Carried this today, while I trimmed up some trees on my property...Then it followed me to football practice. I have a good patina going on the bolster.
That looks like a good solid worker & I like the patina. I assumed the bolsters would be nickel, but if it's getting a patina like that, do you think it's steel?

Still great to look at!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a hard combo to beat; those covers look amazing!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Thanks Harvey! Your knife not only looks superb, it's making me hungry!!!:eek:

I recall as a youngster that "keen" was the old "cool"; your Barlow is both keen and cool!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Hard to beat a tough old Schrade beauty!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Great pair of ebony beauties; my favorite knife wood!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Great choices and images Gary!!! Your Jack Black "Cracker Jack" really brings back some sweet memories!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:

Thank you. Love that camp knife. Is that a Robeson?

Back