What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

ht52HDj.jpg

Carried the the top knives in Rows 1 & 2 in the first below picture as I was cleaning knives and choosing which ones to pack to take with us to the Rendezvous . Lamb and Ram

Others to choose from too .

Chosen and packed and ready to go .

Harry
You have some collection - impressive.

I've been sort of preoccupied this week and not following this thread (or any others) very carefully. I'd better show the rest of the knives I've been carrying so far this week. We're leaving for vacation tomorrow, so I'll switch to next week's schedule before we leave, rather than waiting until Monday, as I usually do. I'll probably also supplement what my rotation schedule dictates with several knives that I just want to have with me on vacation for various reasons. ;):thumbsup:

But here are the knives from this week that I haven't posted yet:
Big Knife of the Week is a Case Tribal Lock:
View attachment 1172608

Miscellaneous knife this week is a Rough Rider medium trapper:
View attachment 1172611

Peanut this week is a Chinese Schrade 72OT:
View attachment 1172614

Serving as my Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Colt stag muskrat:
View attachment 1172615

Lambsfoot this week is also stag, an "Ashley's Choice" Lambsfoot commissioned by Jack Black Jack Black that I've named Cracker Jack:
View attachment 1172616

- GT

Great knives, Gary. Have a fun vacation!

Q #10 today

Zrig7rDh.jpg

The Queen #10 Heavy Duty Jack is a favorite of mine, Steve, and yours is a beauty. Here's one of mine, a Queen City (1922-1945), although in black synthetic (Bakelite?).

EiX7cfs.jpg

fIfBD35.jpg

Stuart, that Winchester tickler sure tickles all the right spots for me!

Outstanding shot of your "black box" toothpick today, very cool!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, guys.

A Wright & Sons Big'un lambsfoot in Maple burl courtesy of Glennbad.

Very b a a a d, Dwight.

I'll be toting a snappy KK EE Jack and a pattern that introduced me to pocket knives 50+ years ago, a late '40s BSA Cub Scout knife.:eek:

That's a pretty potent pair, JJ.

Honest, humble, and hard-working. Well done, Jeff.

Normally I should be using this 85 today, because she does not get much pocket time.

Gorgeous glowing covers, Alain.

Barlow Day

kN2qvlhh.jpg

That's a fine one, Steve.

All I can say is they better not have any of them in the company store next week at the Rendezvous! :eek: If I get to cherry pick I'm in trouble! :D

Have a great trip, Ron. Travel safely and treat Miss Pam to at least one nice meal before you blow all of your $$.

Lambsfoot this week is also stag, an "Ashley's Choice" Lambsfoot commissioned by Jack Black Jack Black that I've named Cracker Jack

The Case Tribal Lock is a looker, GT, but that cracker jack of an AC is the eye catcher.

Carried the the top knives in Rows 1 & 2 in the first below picture as I was cleaning knives and choosing which ones to pack to take with us to the Rendezvous . Lamb and Ram

You have a great group there, Harry, especially that beautiful bunch of Barlows (not surprised). Travel safely and keep an eye on @Half/Stop . He'll be like a sailor on shore leave.

Not sure what this guy was totin' but I'm carrying my Bulldog Barlow
View attachment 1172867

Great looking English Jack

That's a GREAT picture, Bill. And thanks for the kind words.

Impressive and expressive. Well done, Harvey.

- Stuart

Pocketed a neglected favorite today. Paired with a blade that needs some work to do.

FRgqvzt.jpg

NICE :) :thumbsup:

I've been sort of preoccupied this week and not following this thread (or any others) very carefully. I'd better show the rest of the knives I've been carrying so far this week. We're leaving for vacation tomorrow, so I'll switch to next week's schedule before we leave, rather than waiting until Monday, as I usually do. I'll probably also supplement what my rotation schedule dictates with several knives that I just want to have with me on vacation for various reasons. ;):thumbsup:

But here are the knives from this week that I haven't posted yet:
Big Knife of the Week is a Case Tribal Lock:
View attachment 1172608

Miscellaneous knife this week is a Rough Rider medium trapper:
View attachment 1172611

Peanut this week is a Chinese Schrade 72OT:
View attachment 1172614

Serving as my Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Colt stag muskrat:
View attachment 1172615

Lambsfoot this week is also stag, an "Ashley's Choice" Lambsfoot commissioned by Jack Black Jack Black that I've named Cracker Jack:
View attachment 1172616

- GT

Have a great vacation Gary :) :thumbsup:

I'm totin' this Shouse & Hardin Battle Axe brand (circa 1980) gunstock today (in celebration of cleaning and repairing three old shotguns yesterday).

aonwL04.jpg

MGkYPU6.jpg

- Stuart
Thank you Stuart. I was(am)really liking the Queen, but your 1980 gunstock takes the cake.

paulhilborn paulhilborn - Thank you Paul. Your beautiful Waynorth Lambsfoot is one of the many reasons that so many of us have fallen under the Lambsfoot spell. That and Jack Black Jack Black , for sure.:thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack.:)

The Queen #10 Heavy Duty Jack is a favorite of mine, Steve, and yours is a beauty. Here's one of mine, a Queen City (1922-1945), although in black synthetic (Bakelite?).

EiX7cfs.jpg

fIfBD35.jpg

- Stuart

Thanks Stuart, it's one of my favorites as well. Yours is a beauty as well !

Back