What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

The character of this guy just keeps getting better. Still not sure where the green in the stag is coming from. Maybe a verdegris like material soaking in from the brass pins and liners? Whatever it is, it's getting more pronounced especially on the pile side. Mark side is starting to show some also.
2C359E10-B12D-483B-9FB0-030D0CBD1B58.jpeg 093115E0-B806-429A-8922-1BC6019E3E0C.jpeg

Very cool tang stamp, and I love the gnarly pile side stag!

It’s just doing what it was designed to do. These new phones listen to you speak, learn what words you use, and then finish your sentences for you, like a soulmate:D:eek::D

View attachment 1173352 This morning, I’ll be carrying my Grandpa’s old 4 line Camillus EO Jack.
I rarely carry it, but at a bit before 3:00am, I became a Grandpa again, so you see why I felt like totin this one.View attachment 1173349View attachment 1173353

Congratulations!

The character of this guy just keeps getting better. Still not sure where the green in the stag is coming from. Maybe a verdegris like material soaking in from the brass pins and liners? Whatever it is, it's getting more pronounced especially on the pile side. Mark side is starting to show some also.
View attachment 1173568 View attachment 1173569

Congratulations!
What great character!!!

Very cool tang stamp, and I love the gnarly pile side stag!

It’s just doing what it was designed to do. These new phones listen to you speak, learn what words you use, and then finish your sentences for you, like a soulmate:D:eek::D

View attachment 1173352 This morning, I’ll be carrying my Grandpa’s old 4 line Camillus EO Jack.
I rarely carry it, but at a bit before 3:00am, I became a Grandpa again, so you see why I felt like totin this one.View attachment 1173349View attachment 1173353
Congrats grandpa :thumbsup:

View attachment 1173747 View attachment 1173748 View attachment 1173749

Totin’ something different today. My first Old Cross Victorinox, 1980’s vintage.

dc50 dc50 what fun that must have been!

The Fort The Fort SVTFreak SVTFreak , I think both the knife and the owner have great character! Or maybe he is a great character?! Better be careful what I write, because he only lives about an hour away from me!

Big congratulations to both Alan @joeradza and Jeff @Amir Fleschwund !! I wish the best to both of you! And you each have a great reason to go out and buy a celebratory knife!!

CTSqfmK.jpg

Started the day with the SAK Hiker, as we spent the day out wandering in the mountains hunting lakes. Hike we were on had 4 connected glacier fed lakes and we had a great time. Once back home, Hiker was replaced with the Compact and Forum Knife.

Couple shots from today.

ZZE6uZh.jpg

Loving the view from up here!

jRLi3g0.jpg

Fourth of the lakes, where we enjoyed lunch today :)

Beautiful country. What part of the world is that. Looks magnificent.o_O

Why, thank you! I'm a bit biased but do agree with you ;)

It is at the base of the Rocky Mountains in Alberta, Canada. We are fortunate that places like this surround us, and only 1-2 hours by car from our front door.

View attachment 1173568 View attachment 1173569

Congratulations!
OK, I have to ask. I have two Calf Roper 66s. I love the design, size and feel. But, both have wimpy springs on the two small blades that have weak hold-open pressure. I can easily roll both closed with my index finger. Is yours the same? Great Eastern Cutlery told me that’s just how they are.

Why, thank you! I'm a bit biased but do agree with you ;)

It is at the base of the Rocky Mountains in Alberta, Canada. We are fortunate that places like this surround us, and only 1-2 hours by car from our front door.
Hey Crazy Canuck, beautiful scenery, how fortunate you are to have it so close to you :thumbsup:.
I am a naturalized "crazy canuck" :), I am so proud and happy to be Canadian and to have had my daughters be born in this amazing land.
Best :thumbsup:

Back