What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Cool little Robeson, and the Stockyard Whittler looks like a winner. I hope to pick up one of those later in the month. I wonder if it could become a true "every day carry", but then I think that about each new knife I have my fickle eyes set on.
Thanks Rachel!!! The 29 is a great pattern that could (theoretically) be a daily carry, however my compulsion for these pocket knives allows a short rotational window; I have the "fickle eye" as well!:confused:
Today, I'm still carrying my 1950s? Boker. I don't know why I like it so much. I mean, I sort of do; it's a nice old knife with great steel and lovely worn bone, but there's something else about it that speaks to me. Maybe I can feel that it was once somebody's true "every day carry".
I love knives like yours that certainly have many stories to tell; that real pocket worn bone is sublime!:D
Two Camillus knives that I re-handled in elk stag.
40d48e91-a057-4913-b4f7-ca7c33af69b4-jpeg.1176495
Wow Jeff, you really do an amazing job with your covers; an extraordinary gift to possess!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Ulster Jack today
Steve, you certainly have cornered the "beautiful bone" market; very cool Ulster!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
It's going to be this kind of day. Some early afternoon yard work and a late afternoon cocktail party, so I'm totin' these two.
Outstanding pair of stag covered knives today; you really have been carrying some excellent cutlery!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Bottle caps and marbles
Gev, you always have such stunning imagery; wonderful visions!:thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:
Quite a beautiful image of a fabulous knife, Harvey!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D Yesterdays pizza theme created a Pavlovian response by me!:eek:
Thanks, JJ. :) I bought a 3-pack of Cracker Jack for the photo shoot, and found out the modern version is almost peanutless! :eek::mad::rolleyes:
I used to love the old nutty cracker jacks; great visual stimuli!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
JJ, I have maybe a half dozen old Imperials and Colonials, and I like them as well as any knives I have! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
An Imperial "Hammer Brand" was my first foray into pre WWII knives and I was amazed! It set me on a small "older knife" quest...:eek:
Big Knife for Vacation is my Mercator Black Cat and my International Knife for Vacation is a Cognet L'Ecureuil, both pictured on a dock in Lake Huron:
Another great selection for your vacation at Lake Huron; that lake certainly looks like a good one to jump into!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
What a pair, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: It's hard to believe they're over 80 years old! :eek::eek:
Thanks Gary, I am constantly amazed at the edge these old fellas produce!!! You've added a couple of perfect hard working companions to your vacation carry; I hope you are having a blast!!!:D:rolleyes:
This pair for me today.
Wonderful pair, I really like the pearl with the rat tail tang!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
My "Plain" Canoe for vacation is no longer plain, since @r8shell scrimshawed a vacation-inspired scene on it! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Absolutely marvelous scrimshaw by Rachel!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D Now you have a couple of very cool canoes to paddle around in!:thumbsup::thumbsup:o_O:rolleyes:

Thanks! Would it be too late to put some down now? Or just wait till next year?

This is only my third year messing with muscadines. If I can get them right, I'll plant two more vines (got two now in their 3rd year). First they made almost none. Last year I made enough to make a 8 pts jelly and a gallon of wine. I have almost enough for 8 pts jelly so far this year.
Sorry, replied to your thread, but did not put it in your box. Never too late to apply. Sprinkle some around the base of the vine, and water in well. Reapply at the start of every growing season.

Sorry, replied to your thread, but did not put it in your box. Never too late to apply. Sprinkle some around the base of the vine, and water in well. Reapply at the start of every growing season.

Thanks! I'll pick some up tomorrow and put it down.

Back