What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

All dressed up in Black for Friday with two classics from Charlie! Y'all have a good day! :) :thumbsup:

48346938297_b01eebd79c_b.jpg

Smashing pair Ron :thumbsup:

I’m toting the Russell at work

185-F2-FD2-077-D-4-E38-BD44-51-F53-D328832.jpg
I was Inspired by 315's Russell Barlow posted here yesterday, a really nice looking knife. I saw it and was reminded that I had been neglecting my Russell Barlow that was a gift from one of my son-in-laws. Promptly dug it out this morning and packed it along with this osage moose. The Russell has saw cut bone handles, almost as pretty as 315's smooth bone version. View attachment 1178967
Those Russell Barlows are outstanding! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

These two workhorses! What a great pair.
View attachment 1178401
You're not lying, Taylor!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Gary! I appreciate the preponderance of Ps.
:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

No, it's original, as I've seen another one for sale with the same covers and model number. But the closest I can come to finding out when it was made is from the late 1970s to the early '90s. Boker tang stamps are kind of all over the map. They constantly reused old ones, so dating is difficult.
I hope you can get some helpful clues sometime soon, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

For Wednesday I'll be toting a couple wood covered workers; an ebony LF&C from the pre 1920 era, a direct descendant of the great pocket knives of H&B MFG. CO. which LF&C purchased in 1912, and a cocobolo Cattaraugus from the storied village of Little Valley. :D
Thanks for making room for us in your time machine, JJ; two terrific timber examples! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you GT. 1998 and 1999 for sure, could have been a few more years, all I have seen have had the block shield, used in the last four years of the 1990’s. OH
Thanks for the info, OH. :):thumbsup::thumbsup: Time for me to conduct a treasure hunt! ;)

Thanks GT! Teachers are back but students aren’t back for a couple of weeks yet. We have a later start than most.
Thanks, Joshua. Hope you have a tremendous school year! :):cool::cool:

For Wooden Wednesday, two in ebony. RALF and my modified #85.

5o423GT.jpg

AD8UgtS.jpg
Exemplary ebony pair, Jeff! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Superb photo, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::cool: But what knife is that? Great stag, and the blade etch on Guardians lambsfoots recently, but the bolster is not that of an Ashley's Choice. Did you re-handle a knife?

Thank you, Gary! Your Stag and horn duo are a rustic and attractive combination. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :) That Colt "black stag" sowbelly is actually stag bone, but dealers seemed somewhat reluctant to make that info easy to find in their descriptions of knives in that series. :rolleyes:

A [NOT scratted} TC Barlow and a red Victorinox cadet. (I erroneously said scratted; should be jigged bone) :eek::(:D

Attractive and versatile pair, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

No wood in the pocket this Wednesday.
View attachment 1178851
I can see why you'd be willing to risk the penalty just so you could carry that sublime WCLF! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

f6lIlMX.jpg

Ain't no werewolves or vampires getting near ME!
:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Today's totes will each carry the brand of a great old firearms manufacturer; an early '30s Remington jack and an '87 "black box" Winchester toothpick. :D
Titillating Toothpick, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1179099 Boker 9229 electrician and Craftsman hunter in...
Delrin!:DView attachment 1179096and Manny says I should have one hand free to rub him under the collar.View attachment 1179100
That hunter looks like a handful, Jeff, and I don't think I'd ignore Manny very long! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Case Tribal Lock riding with the SAK Compact today.

KQHIorc.jpg
Black beauties, Mike! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rosewood and steel.
t8zrtGM.jpg
Happy Rosewooden Wednesday, Rachel! :cool::cool:;)

Mornin' everyone! Ebony today...
caw3B6q.jpg
What elephant, I mean elegant, ebony, Matt! ;):cool::cool:

Scratted Barlow (with acorn to divert thieving squirrels' attention).

That handle makes me happy, Dean! :):cool::cool:

What a pair, Jack; congrats on the new custom navaja!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

The garden is still producing cantaloupe and this mornings was particularly sweet and juicy :p

46509071664_8d752f8785_k.jpg
That sowbelly is sweet and juicy as a good muskmelon, Gev! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Mmmmm... Chicken Salad. :)

X6iQDD6.jpg
That's a VERY appealing knife, Eli, very lambsfootish! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Watch Pocket Knife of my Vacation Fortnight is a Rough Rider copper pen knife with jigged buffalo horn handles, pictured with a stone from Whitefish Point on Lake Superior:
pen.pile.2open.rock.jpg

Peanut of the Fortnight is a Case brown delrin stainless (thanks for the GAW, Cory):
delrin.peanut.mark.2open.deckFord.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Fortnight is Cracker Jack, a stag lambsfoot:
cj.pile.Vstand.lagoon.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
Thanks, Dean. :) That Colt "black stag" sowbelly is actually stag bone, but dealers seemed somewhat reluctant to make that info easy to find in their descriptions of knives in that series. :rolleyes:

Attractive and versatile pair, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That handle makes me happy, Dean! :):cool::cool:

Watch Pocket Knife of my Vacation Fortnight is a Rough Rider copper pen knife with jigged buffalo horn handles, pictured with a stone from Whitefish Point on Lake Superior:
View attachment 1179746

Peanut of the Fortnight is a Case brown derlin stainless (thanks for the GAW, Cory):
View attachment 1179749

Lambsfoot of the Fortnight is Cracker Jack, a stag lambsfoot:
View attachment 1179751

- GT

Thank you, Gary! Your Fortnight Four (minus 1) are all top notch. :thumbsup:

TGIF all!

e3RxRya.jpg

Beautiful knife and photo!

Back