What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

3GEkYwU.jpg

EiXW1Bo.jpg
Cool knife!

For today I'll be toting a couple of medium sized pen knives, each with a stout main blade; a Crucible Knife Co sleeveboard from the late 20's and a Robeson EE from the 20's-30's. :D
Thanks for your kind words, JJ!
I’m diggin this Crucible.;)

This little guy lives in my wallet, so it gets carried everyday... matches the new wallet nicely too I think;)

screenshot_20190818-030228_gallery-jpg.1180772

screenshot_20190818-030217_gallery-jpg.1180773
Lovely old Electric Knife Co whittler! The wallet’s pretty cool too:thumbsup:

Thanks! The pruner was easier to sharpen than I expected, and very pocket friendly for a pruner. ;)
pgM0Qrt.jpg
PUVIM8p.jpg

We are expecting the 14th consecutive day of over 100 degree temperatures, so I think this is a good day for puttering around inside.

The hope of finding a knife like that is what keeps me from passing by yard sales. :thumbsup: Goin's Encyclopedia lists that stamp, but doesn't give any dates. I'd guess it could be 100 years old.
Thank you.

This knife has grown on me since I got it by mistake (the box Case put it in was mislabeled). It has become my favorite stockman. In the spirit of mistakes, I cut myself while setting up this photo. :(:eek:

- very lovely looking pocket knife, gorgeous :thumbsup:

As for nicking your finger setting up the photo........you won't be the first, or the last ;)

That is beautiful. Is that the full size (3 7/8") or the Large (4 1/8")?

Thank you. It's the 3 7/8, one reason I like it because of the rounded bolsters. The 4 1/8" has square bolsters.

- very lovely looking pocket knife, gorgeous :thumbsup:

As for nicking your finger setting up the photo........you won't be the first, or the last ;)

Thank you. I think I've nicking myself setting up several times before; I consider a knife truly mine when it's drawn blood. :D

Keeping America’s Martinis dirty for another year.
11ZYyGW.jpg

:D :thumbsup:

Have a peaceful Sunday, folks!
Breakfast and today's carry (not the fork;))
oYgweh2.jpg

Nice start to the day Gary :) :thumbsup:

So many great knives and images...

@JJ Cahill - Thank you JJ. I’m a sucker for vintage sleeve boards. Yours is a fine one.

Carrying 2 today. First is a Joseph Rodger Victorian Era cigar knife. The poker eases the draw on too tightly rolled cigars. The second is a Hartshead Barlow with a treat.
View attachment 1180997

1C0DB0E5-EF94-4146-A75A-5B0F1BA13AA3_zps9ow4p1at.jpeg

Smashing pics Harvey :) :thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you G.T. Not certain, but I believe I picked this up on an Auction Site. I didn’t re-haft it. It has two different looking sides.

Your RR is so cool. Hope you’re savoring every last moment of your vacation.

Here’s the other side of the A Wright Lamb.
7E2AC037-25C8-4452-8AEB-4558D057493A_zpsbcxsjhoe.jpeg
Thanks for the info, Harvey; that has sweet stag on both sides! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I definitely savored vacation! :) We returned yesterday, and I'm trying to make the adjustment to real life! (Lots of laundry and dishes to be done, stuff to be put back into storage, nursery volunteer in church this morning, daily dog care again, dentist and groceries Monday morning, ... :rolleyes:)

A frequently carried favorite, old patchy.

View attachment 1179757
View attachment 1179758
That's a notable cattle knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: How old is it?

TGIF! Will be the only one in my pocket all weekend!! Looking forward to seeing the Northfield versions coming out soon.
ZDilEi8.jpg
That Osage Orange with the patina is looking great, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary! Your Fortnight Four (minus 1) are all top notch. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :)

Feeling a little blue (not emotionally) today.

Blue Blazes! That's a ravishing pair, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I've been thinking about getting a navy blue jigged bone Tribal Lock (and a matching canoe) for quite awhile, and seeing yours with the mini copperhead doesn't dissuade me at all! ;) You like the barehead style of the blue?

These two for me today, Happy Friday!

As usual, another premium fixed/scout pair, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

A thinned Bull Nose today with a keen edge and nice patina:thumbsup:
CXuSlN.jpg

The orange handle looks fantastic with that uniform gray patina, Paul! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Excellent choices as usual Gary; the covers on your RR look super cool!!!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, JJ; that grooved buffalo horn is pretty interesting. :)

Back to the waverave via 5K Qs American jack, even though it's still summer.
Zgszn63.jpg

Really nice knife.
I agree, Jer; those 78s have a real classic look! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Found this 68 at the Rendezvous....
m02QFNH.jpg
Sumptuous find, @Travman; that's close to my idea of a quintessential pocket knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: And the discussion in the White Owl thread is also interesting. :):thumbsup:

View attachment 1180163
Case 2138 and ‘18 BF Buck sportin elk antler
Energized by elk, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Last month, Jack Black Jack Black sent me a box o' knives from his famous table to fettle with. I'm savoring them by pulling them out a few at a time. :) Since Saturday is Sharpening Day, I've got this pruner that needs a bit of work on the tip, and new the Maserin in olivewood. Thanks, Jack!
ty6pdgv.jpg
Nice pair of wood workers, Rachel; that Jack is known as a thoughtful fellow for good reason! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Case XX in Stag

Thanks for letting us step into the Wayback Machine with you, Steve! :eek::cool::cool:

Think I'll go with these two for Single blade Sabbath:
tJIJjcj.jpg

SAC5O1n.jpg
Singular single blade selections, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool: "Sabbath" as in 7th day of the week (Jewish), or first day of the week (current Christian)?

Double stag for me today ;) Hope everyone is having a great weekend :thumbsup:

qfxdTiu.jpg

4LWWr6m.jpg
Your stag pair is steamy and dreamy, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool: (Nice backgrounds, too!)

A pair of English knives for me today.
Very special couple of knives, Nick! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Here's a new pic of my same old quartet of knives I have with me 24/7/365:
2019.8.EDC.open.jpg

- GT

Back