What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Those are wonderful. And great photo.
Thank you very much!!! Great selection for you today; that stag swayback is a keeper!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Talk about sublime...wow !! Or should I say....meow :D
Thank you Gev!:D Your Shapleigh Diamond Edge looks great in all your settings!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
Thanks. I know it's Monday, but it feels like a Wednesday. ;)
Great choice of knives for any day!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thank you JJ. Two beautiful Vintage knives in such great condition.
Thank you Harvey!!! Pretty tough to beat those beautiful covers on your lambfoot today!:thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:
Sunday started off on the same foot very early, but luck came onboard after noon and soon we were knee deep in bluefish on
the deck.
Nice haul Stuart; I'm sure you made quick work of those bluefish with your Dexter-Russell!;)
That shadow Crucible is especially eye-catching! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks Gary!!! I'm amazed at the 7+ back-spring on a 90+ year old knife!:eek:
That Catt scout is something else, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks again Gary; the artisans of the past never cease to amaze me!
I'm sure your going to love your new Case CV Barlow; great choice!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Last edited:
This second Case XX CV Barlow has really impressed me :thumbsup:
It’s a joy to carry , use and fondle :D
4cF64q6.jpg
Are those as nice as GEC barlows?

Your pair "runs the gamut" in size, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I do like to carry something smaller with my Big 'Un GT :D ;) :thumbsup:

For my totes today, I'll step back into the 21st century with a couple that are made the way they were in the last century; a GEC Stockman and a GEC Harness Jack.:rolleyes:

A fine pairing :) :thumbsup:

Double Stag for me today :) :thumbsup:

ccCpnDw.jpg

oSSEhBM.jpg

That 7 OT must have come out after Buck introduced the 110, right?
Congrats on the stag 2-blade Swayback Jack; what a prize! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
- GT

Yessir, I think the 7-OT came out late 70's? And thank you, I'm over the moon about the Swayback Jack. I was actually scared to say anything when it was in transit for fear I'd jinx myself. Or wake up! ;)

Thank you very much!!! Great selection for you today; that stag swayback is a keeper!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Thank you. See above ha ha ha.

View attachment 1182083 GEC & Case should get me through. I hope something needs cutting!View attachment 1182081 Tuesday’s my day to go down and mow Mom ‘n Dad’s, but they’re an hour south, and Mrs Fleschwund just told me they’re under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch®️

I hope we get rain at my house, and then it can rain at their house after I’m done.

2015 Case Trapper in what i now believe to be amber jigged bone. First time out. Another flea market/estate sale salvage. Appeared to be never used, never carried. Had some rust, but cleaned up spectacularly. Very likable knife, well made. The recessed pins are a little strange, not sure why they did it, but all four are that way.
20190820_090247 by Chris Thayer, on Flickr

20190820_075141 by Chris Thayer, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back