1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks.
    That blade assortment should meet any cutting needs. I think it's cool when I pull out a GEC to use or show someone, and they ask "How old is that?" They know I like vintage knives, and with a patina wouldn't think it was something in current production.
    I'm carrying two knives made in 2019: a white bone Pemberton and a #29 Stockyard Whittler I have named 'Ramen'.
    [​IMG]

"What's life without whimsy?" :D

2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I figured you would like that pattern Rachel :thumbsup:

cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  3. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I’m glad you like it Travis! :thumbsup: It does have some rich color! :)

Laurelbb likes this.
  4. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Yep. :thumbsup: It's got a blade with belly, a short straight edge and a punch: a perfect combination. :cool::thumbsup: I plan to carry it every day for at least a month. The bone color and jigging is just okay now, but I have a feeling that it will mellow out with wear to something really nice.
    Of course, I'm not promising to carry it all by itself. I'll usually have a smaller peanut-like knife, and something larger like a Lambsfoot. It's a fine middle-sized knife.
    Taking lots of pre-patina photos:
    [​IMG]
    Hmm...only one criticism; I think they put the shield on upside down. o_O

5. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    This pair today. Have a good one!

[​IMG]

6. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
  7. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
  8. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    We had plenty of Yuengling to keep you calm during the brief frenzy.

Thanks, guys. Yes, JJ, they went quickly, but now I'm helping tend a smoker for several hours on a warm day (thank goodness for remote sensing thermometers).

Temperature outside at 93° (feels like 98°) not withstanding, Miss Norma has decided that "we" need to put up a butterfly house before the predicted rain storms arrive later today. That means "someone" needs to lift some clay to stick an 8' 4X4 post 3' into the ground. I must have mentioned Ron's @Half/Stop raised bed ruckus of yesterday to plant that idea in her head. Anyway, into the furnace . . .

[​IMG]

- Stuart

9. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    It’s good to see your Stag Churchill Gev! It’s been awhile! :thumbsup: :)

Be careful in the heat Stuart! Remember it’s rough on elderly gentlemen such as us! :eek: But always also remember, “Happy wife! Happy life!” :thumbsup: ;)

TheFactor, Cutfinger, Duckdog and 4 others like this.
  10. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Aww shucks, Gary; thank you for your compliments. I think everyone on BladeForums has probably cut themselves accidentally at least once - a knifenut right of passage. :)

A beautiful pair of TC Barlows. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Prester John likes this.
  11. RDaneel

Apr 23, 2000
    Today I'm carrying my new chestnut bone Case 6347 (which is apparently carbon steel) and an SBJ.

[​IMG]

12. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Thank you, Ron !! Too long...I might do a Rachell :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Half/Stop likes this.
  13. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    17EB9391-A9CB-4F76-BA34-7B70B3E22A95.jpeg

14. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Mighty fine....wow !!!

RDaneel and cigarrodog like this.
  15. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
  16. RDaneel

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you, Gev!

Gevonovich likes this.
  17. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Just picked up my first case peanut last night and it's an awesome little knife, I'm exited to give it a couple weeks or so and see how it goes.
    [​IMG]
    I don't like the mirror polished blades case does for most of their knives, but these are stone tumbled or something and it's so much better.

18. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Piano keys
    IMG_20190820_094832.jpg

19. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I had never heard of that stuff until I went off to college. A girl I knew seemed to eat little else.
    This #29 Whittler is really testing my resolve to be happy with what I have. Maybe if I didn’t buy one of the recently available #21 Bull Busters...but I like the smaller Bullnose no much, I jumped on it.
    Anyway, look forward to seeing you put some patina on her!
    Sodbuster and post hole digger~ character builders.

Apparently:D
    Possibly Case’s best color!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  20. jacksterp

jacksterp Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 3, 2011
    [​IMG]

Rough Rider Trapper.

Just received and am amazed regardless of cost.