What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Great choice of knives for any day!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks.
For my totes today, I'll step back into the 21st century with a couple that are made the way they were in the last century; a GEC Stockman and a GEC Harness Jack.:rolleyes:
That blade assortment should meet any cutting needs. I think it's cool when I pull out a GEC to use or show someone, and they ask "How old is that?" They know I like vintage knives, and with a patina wouldn't think it was something in current production.
I'm carrying two knives made in 2019: a white bone Pemberton and a #29 Stockyard Whittler I have named 'Ramen'.
I8ETOTX.jpg

I haven't carried this one yet, but I'm going to change that today.
It's a small Small Space Shuttle Lambsfoot by Parker Cut Co, Japan.
"What's life without whimsy?" :D

I figured you would like that pattern Rachel :thumbsup:
Yep. :thumbsup: It's got a blade with belly, a short straight edge and a punch: a perfect combination. :cool::thumbsup: I plan to carry it every day for at least a month. The bone color and jigging is just okay now, but I have a feeling that it will mellow out with wear to something really nice.
Of course, I'm not promising to carry it all by itself. I'll usually have a smaller peanut-like knife, and something larger like a Lambsfoot. It's a fine middle-sized knife.
Taking lots of pre-patina photos:
Gt5XgCY.jpg

Hmm...only one criticism; I think they put the shield on upside down. o_O

I gave up fishing because it was way too exciting for me. I have been known to partake in a Yuengling Lager from time to time though. (Like everyday!)

We had plenty of Yuengling to keep you calm during the brief frenzy.

Stuart, when fishing poles are involved there’s no apology necessary for going AWOLo_O:thumbsup:

Nice haul Stuart; I'm sure you made quick work of those bluefish with your Dexter-Russell!;)

Thanks, guys. Yes, JJ, they went quickly, but now I'm helping tend a smoker for several hours on a warm day (thank goodness for remote sensing thermometers).

Temperature outside at 93° (feels like 98°) not withstanding, Miss Norma has decided that "we" need to put up a butterfly house before the predicted rain storms arrive later today. That means "someone" needs to lift some clay to stick an 8' 4X4 post 3' into the ground. I must have mentioned Ron's Half/Stop Half/Stop raised bed ruckus of yesterday to plant that idea in her head. Anyway, into the furnace . . .

OmONLhQ.jpg

- Stuart

It’s good to see your Stag Churchill Gev! It’s been awhile! :thumbsup: :)

We had plenty of Yuengling to keep you calm during the brief frenzy.

Thanks, guys. Yes, JJ, they went quickly, but now I'm helping tend a smoker for several hours on a warm day (thank goodness for remote sensing thermometers).

Temperature outside at 93° (feels like 98°) not withstanding, Miss Norma has decided that "we" need to put up a butterfly house before the predicted rain storms arrive later today. That means "someone" needs to lift some clay to stick an 8' 4X4 post 3' into the ground. I must have mentioned Ron's Half/Stop Half/Stop raised bed ruckus of yesterday to plant that idea in her head. Anyway, into the furnace . . .

OmONLhQ.jpg

- Stuart
Be careful in the heat Stuart! Remember it’s rough on elderly gentlemen such as us! :eek: But always also remember, “Happy wife! Happy life!” :thumbsup: ;)

Great stockman, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Coincidentally, I cut myself last week when I fumbled the knife while setting up a glamor shot of the canoe Rachel scrimshawed for me. :rolleyes: No stitches or bone showing, but definitely the worst knife cut I've ever had.

Thanks, Dean. :) Your navy blue Tribal Lock has nice dark blue all the way to the bolster, which I think is optimal! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Excellent photo of your Fine TC Barlow, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Aww shucks, Gary; thank you for your compliments. I think everyone on BladeForums has probably cut themselves accidentally at least once - a knifenut right of passage. :)

I’m partial to the clips myself.

upload_2019-6-24_19-53-37-jpeg.1150792

A beautiful pair of TC Barlows. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

...and a #29 Stockyard Whittler I have named 'Ramen'.
I8ETOTX.jpg
I had never heard of that stuff until I went off to college. A girl I knew seemed to eat little else.
This #29 Whittler is really testing my resolve to be happy with what I have. Maybe if I didn’t buy one of the recently available #21 Bull Busters...but I like the smaller Bullnose no much, I jumped on it.
Anyway, look forward to seeing you put some patina on her!
... That means "someone" needs to lift some clay to stick an 8' 4X4 post 3' into the ground. I must have mentioned Ron's Half/Stop Half/Stop raised bed ruckus of yesterday to plant that idea in her head. Anyway, into the furnace . . .

OmONLhQ.jpg

- Stuart
Sodbuster and post hole digger~ character builders.

Today I'm carrying my new chestnut bone Case 6347 (which is apparently carbon steel) and an SBJ.

Apparently:D
Possibly Case’s best color!

Last edited:
Back