What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Very nice Nick :) :thumbsup:

Fading light with Guardians Ebony:thumbsup:
iDdKZL.jpg

GDaNXD.jpg

Beautiful photos Paul :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! An outstanding "Double Stag" for you today!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Thank you very much, I decided to carry them again today ;) :thumbsup:

DVOFXdp.jpg

oYrLhIT.jpg

Thanks, Chris. I, too, put up a lot of bluebird houses in western Virginia while leading a Scout troop and with friends. And wood duck boxes. I put the butterfly box up in honor of the Virginia legislature recently adopting the Eastern Tiger Swallowtail butterfly (Papilio glaucus) as our state insect (it is, also, the state butterfly of AL, DE, GA, NC, and SC). We have others, though only an occasional Monarch. It is for the adults, but I assume I may get a chrysalis or two, as I've got it in the sunniest spot. We, also, have coneflower, asters, and hibiscus planted near the new house, as well as tulip poplar and black cherry in our backyard (neighbors have butterfly bushes, Buddleia davidii, nearby).
- Stuart
That's awesome. Going to look into one. The Fritillary like the passion vine and the Giant Swallowtail (I think that's what we have) like our orange tree.Biggest issue is trying to control the wasps.

Today's carry. Yep, another flea market/estate find. 1998 (OH you can see the "USA" and there are 2 dots under it, I checked this time ha ha) Case Barlow in black jigged bone. This one had some rust, particularly inside of back springs and on the tangs at the pivot. Cleaned up nicely. Dye job a little uneven as you can see. Can't see it in the photos, but the clip blade has a really annoying blade rub on the mark side, right over the "L" in "Limited". Overall a neat little knife, and since I basically stole it I guess I shouldn't complain about a little blade rub :D. And it's the first Barlow I've owned since I was probably 6 or 7 years old, so that's fun.
20190821_072322 by Chris Thayer, on Flickr

Last edited:
City Knife is on snack duty today. Works a treat on these annoying little pouches filled with sticky candy.
Our grandsons are here today, which insures I will sleep well tonight.
Y6grKT9.jpg

Laguiole is in the pocket for wooden Wednesday.
UIKLxZ0.jpg

One more flea market knife, Imperial Kamp King. This is Kim's, she's going to try it out today. My understanding of the tang stamps puts this one between 1946-1956, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. You see a lot of these, but this one was cool because it was so pristine. No marks on the blade or any of the tools, looked unused. Removed some rust, cleaned and oiled, ready to rock and roll.
20190821_093713.jpg
20190821_095010.jpg

That's awesome. Going to look into one. The Fritillary like the passion vine and the Giant Swallowtail (I think that's what we have) like our orange tree.Biggest issue is trying to control the wasps.

Today's carry. Yep, another flea market/estate find. 1998 (OH you can see the "USA" and there are 2 dots under it, I checked this time ha ha) Case Barlow in black jigged bone. This one had some rust, particularly inside of back springs and on the tangs at the pivot. Cleaned up nicely. Dye job a little uneven as you can see. Can't see it in the photos, but the clip blade has a really annoying blade rub on the mark side, right over the "L" in "Limited". Overall a neat little knife, and since I basically stole it I guess I shouldn't complain about a little blade rub :D. And it's the first Barlow I've owned since I was probably 6 or 7 years old, so that's fun.
20190821_072322 by Chris Thayer, on Flickr

One more flea market knife, Imperial Kamp King. This is Kim's, she's going to try it out today. My understanding of the tang stamps puts this one between 1946-1956, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. You see a lot of these, but this one was cool because it was so pristine. No marks on the blade or any of the tools, looked unused. Removed some rust, cleaned and oiled, ready to rock and roll.
View attachment 1182750
View attachment 1182751
Holy Smokes, killin it at the flea market!

You mentioned other, non-knife treasures that you found. Maybe you could work those into knife photos? :D

I see all kinds of odd gauges and control panels labeled “steampunk”, which apparently means you’re supposed to make odd lamps out of them.:rolleyes:
Things I’m always looking for include vises, anvils, and planes, but around here, suburban collectors and decorators have caused prices on them to soar.
I can usually find old quality files, drill bits, chisels, etc dirt cheap, though.

I can’t believe the near mint condition of the knives you found!:thumbsup:

Back