What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

City Knife is on snack duty today. Works a treat on these annoying little pouches filled with sticky candy.
Our grandsons are here today, which insures I will sleep well tonight.
Y6grKT9.jpg

Laguiole is in the pocket for wooden Wednesday.
UIKLxZ0.jpg

Worn out from grandkids...priceless:thumbsup:

This second Case XX CV Barlow has really impressed me :thumbsup:
It’s a joy to carry , use and fondle :D
4cF64q6.jpg
Very cool! I just bought a second, as well; making my first a solid user:thumbsup:
Stunning Barlow GT. Great minds think alike ( And have great taste in cutlery) :thumbsup::D
I'm glad we got some impressive Case Barlows recently, gents! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Yeah, I'm pretty tired of it and they're predicting another week. It does cool down for a few hours before sunrise to 80 degrees, though. :rolleyes:

:eek: Not my fault! I didn't sharpen the edge on that canoe. :p
Nice Case Barlow. :cool::thumbsup:
I hope you get cooler weather soon! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I briefly thought about contacting you to see if you'd improved the edge of my canoe as well as its covers! :rolleyes:;)
Thanks for the Barlow props. :)

Monday night football, Johnsonville brats and a good knife...

96-F5-EF72-F242-4192-A04-B-C8-E494-BCAA97.jpg
We had Johnsonville turkey hotdogs last week; I was impressed! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You got a great Barlow there. I bought three in hopes of getting a good one. I got one of the three that has matching covers on the pile and mark sides. The other two not so good. I really need to get them out and photograph them for the Case Barlow thread. :D
Thanks, Ron. :) Sorry to hear that only a third of the Barlows you bought met expectations. :( I bought mine in a hardware store in Mackinaw City MI on the way to our vacation rental a couple of weeks ago. I'd never been there before, but I found out they were one of only two Case Master dealers in Michigan, so I wanted to try shopping for a knife in person and picking out a knife that "met my standards". I was only interested in the brown sawcut CV Barlow, but ironically, they only had one left in stock. The dye near the bolsters was a little lighter than I'd have preferred, but acceptable.

Ebony Churchill before sunset:thumbsup:
xHdegv.jpg

fJFYXk.jpg
I like the way you caught the sunset reflecting in that ebony, Paul! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Sorry for the knife cut mishap. Heal quickly.
Thanks, Harvey. :) The V-cut is looking pretty good already; I think I'll only wear a band aid now if I'm doing something where I might bang the finger on something.

Thanks Gary!!! I'm amazed at the 7+ back-spring on a 90+ year old knife!:eek:

Thanks again Gary; the artisans of the past never cease to amaze me!
I'm sure your going to love your new Case CV Barlow; great choice!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
I appreciate your comments, JJ. :)

For my totes today, I'll step back into the 21st century with a couple that are made the way they were in the last century; a GEC Stockman and a GEC Harness Jack.:rolleyes:
Nice description of those new GECs! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I do like to carry something smaller with my Big 'Un GT :D ;) :thumbsup:
Double Stag for me today :) :thumbsup:

ccCpnDw.jpg

oSSEhBM.jpg
Variety is valued, Jack! ;):thumbsup:
That pair of relatively new stags is illustrious! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Piano keys for me today! :D

48583638222_34ba761776_b_d.jpg
Okay, Wooden Wednesday:
NWUaFor.jpg
You guys are playing sweet tunes! ;):cool::cool:

These two today:
rBqbjQ4.jpg
Splendid pic of your elk under the ironwood, Mark! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm carrying two knives made in 2019: a white bone Pemberton and a #29 Stockyard Whittler I have named 'Ramen'.
I8ETOTX.jpg

"What's life without whimsy?" :D
Congrats on the Stockyard Whittler, Rachel! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Speaking of whimsy, calling the knife Ramen indicates that you prioritize punches above pork! ;) (And who DOESN'T put the shield upside down? :rolleyes:)

That stag Churchill sure has a vintage vibe, Gev! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

OmONLhQ.jpg

- Stuart
I'm impressed by your industry, Stuart, setting posts in near-100˚ heat! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup: And your pic makes me think I really haven't grown up yet, even after 2/3 of a century, because I still don't have my own posthole digger. :(

Today I'm carrying my new chestnut bone Case 6347 (which is apparently carbon steel) and an SBJ.

Is that gorgeous 6347 an intentional choice this time, Dean? ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: Both chestnut treatments are lookers!

- GT

Cool photo, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Can you explain what everything "means" in that Sheffield coat of (bare) arms? ;)

BYurKuI.jpg

Rough Rider Trapper.

Just received and am amazed regardless of cost.
That double jigging style is unique! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

KjiK6D5.jpg

Felt like a barlow day today
Champion pics that are amazingly similar in "mood", Nick and David! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

These two today:
TXtSzTl.jpg

IN7VZRS.jpg
Legging out an extra base hit with that duo, Vince! :cool::cool:;)

ryi38Bj.jpg

Doctors love two things:

1) having you sit in the office all afternoon
2) insurance

After a glowing physical, I found out my left arm is stronger than my right -- wonder why? :p
Congrats on the results of the physical, Del; that's quite the colorful celebratory knife!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I put the butterfly box up in honor of the Virginia legislature recently adopting the Eastern Tiger Swallowtail butterfly (Papilio glaucus) as our state insect (it is, also, the state butterfly of AL, DE, GA, NC, and SC). We have others, though only an occasional Monarch. ...
- Stuart
My wife has a lot of milkweed growing in our side yard, but this summer I think we have only one Monarch in residence. :(

You can't go wrong there, Gary; great choices, as always!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
Thanks, JJ. :)

Today with A. Wrihgt, Barlow stag!;):thumbsup:

Excellent stag HHB, José! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Out of this world, Mark! :cool::cool:;) (At first, I thought it memorialized the 50 years since I graduated from high school. :rolleyes:)

For Wooden Wednesday
It must be Wednesday....... ;) :D :thumbsup:

48591739467_d06b5bc2a8_b_d.jpg
Yes, Ron. Woodnesday is upon us.View attachment 1182686Two Robesons, ebony and rosewood. The electrician was a thoughtful gift from Harry/@Old Engineer.View attachment 1182687
Tremendous timber for today, John & Ron & Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Even though Twosday has passed, I'm totin' two today, these two:

xcC61G2.jpg

- Stuart
Good to see you've gone straight, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Holy Smokes, killin it at the flea market!
I can’t believe the near mint condition of the knives you found!:thumbsup:
When Jeff is right, he's right C cjtamu ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
What's your procedure for cleaning out the rust, Chris?

Lol, thanks GT, I certainly was :D

These two for Wednesday.

Gosh, it's a Grain Gala! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

8fiG2LI.jpg

Had to tear down a out building today, forgot my saw,good thing I had this;):D
That must be one of those demolition knives I've heard about, David! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Holy Smokes, killin it at the flea market!

You mentioned other, non-knife treasures that you found. Maybe you could work those into knife photos? :D

I see all kinds of odd gauges and control panels labeled “steampunk”, which apparently means you’re supposed to make odd lamps out of them.:rolleyes:
Things I’m always looking for include vises, anvils, and planes, but around here, suburban collectors and decorators have caused prices on them to soar.
I can usually find old quality files, drill bits, chisels, etc dirt cheap, though.

I can’t believe the near mint condition of the knives you found!:thumbsup:

Ha ha ha. I posted this one a few days ago but didn't explain. This is my Woodford in Waterford photo. Kim was going through a box of unsorted items that hadn't been priced yet and asked me about a box that said "Waterford" on top. Open it and there are 4 whisky glasses with stickers still on them and in the original tissue paper. Someone had also stuck a string of pearls with a broken clasp inside. I went up and asked first about the glasses then about the pearls. You'd cry if you knew what I paid for them. The Case 6318 is also from the sale, so I put it with the glasses in the photo. I'll take a picture for you later of the carpenter's level I bought.
20190811_162436 by Chris Thayer, on Flickr

Okay, Wooden Wednesday:
NWUaFor.jpg
Uh oh! You have committed a musical equivalent of disrupting the universe by dividing by zero.:eek: Since there is only 1/2 step between E and F, there is no black key between them.

BUT. No matter how pose it, your gifted ebony 15 jack is a treat for my eyes.:D:thumbsup:
Big spear blade and a stockman for me today.View attachment 1182839
Big, Beautiful spear blade, sunknife! Wow.:thumbsup:

Back