What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

5K Qs 5K Qs Thanks Gary! :)

The closer you get to 60, the more you feel 60. :eek:

So, I'm guessing 70 must be a riot? :p

UKJFWut.jpg

bet you've got some blisters on your hand from that... it obviously needs a good sharpening, though... pretty ragged cut...

5K Qs 5K Qs
GpHwzlF.jpg

Well..... as ol' George is supposed to have said, "I cannot tell a lie " The lambsfoot had a wee bit of help:D:p But it was used to cut some tough materials out of the way including old lamp cords used to tie things up, and some thick nylon strapping:thumbsup: It really is a tough working knife:cool:

Thanks, Ron. :) Sorry to hear that only a third of the Barlows you bought met expectations. :( I bought mine in a hardware store in Mackinaw City MI on the way to our vacation rental a couple of weeks ago. I'd never been there before, but I found out they were one of only two Case Master dealers in Michigan, so I wanted to try shopping for a knife in person and picking out a knife that "met my standards". I was only interested in the brown sawcut CV Barlow, but ironically, they only had one left in stock. The dye near the bolsters was a little lighter than I'd have preferred, but acceptable.

You guys are playing sweet tunes! ;):cool::cool:
It’s always better when you can pick in person Gary! I’d say you got a good one! :thumbsup: Thanks for the compliment! :D

Tremendous timber for today, John & Ron & Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Wooderfull of you to say that Gary! :thumbsup: :D

5K Qs 5K Qs Thanks Gary! n

The closer you get to 60, the more you feel 60. :eek:

So, I'm guessing 70 must be a riot? :p

UKJFWut.jpg
Nope,70 is not a riot.Trust me.At 72 I find myself still recovering from back surgery from two years ago.Shortly before that,my wife's horse jumped a creek and ran over me and broke my leg and busted some ribs on a trail ride a half mile from the house and wasn't fun riding back to where I could fall on the ground and crawl to the car to go to the hospital, and then there are the sleepless nights because of very frequent visits to the latrine.Above all,I find myself in constant need of buying more traditional slip joints to satisfy my urge before I croak.Sixty ? I'd love to be sixty again. Enjoy while you can. Old comes soon.

Nope,70 is not a riot.Trust me.At 72 I find myself still recovering from back surgery from two years ago.Shortly before that,my wife's horse jumped a creek and ran over me and broke my leg and busted some ribs on a trail ride a half mile from the house and wasn't fun riding back to where I could fall on the ground and crawl to the car to go to the hospital, and then there are the sleepless nights because of very frequent visits to the latrine.Above all,I find myself in constant need of buying more traditional slip joints to satisfy my urge before I croak.Sixty ? I'd love to be sixty again. Enjoy while you can. Old comes soon.
"I'm too young, too be this old"

I'm with you, and kudos on your horse ride recovery. I try to stay with at least a few knives within my age group that aren't too banged up.

l4RzFJ8.jpg

- Stuart

Got this one as a surprise from @blademan 13 it is a Keen Kutter but it did have a nasty chip/nick about mid way down the blade, took a while but I was able to sharpen it out and she's quite the cutter, plus some interesting covers there that I rubbed with flitz to help polish up the outside so it looks about new, but is pretty old, not sure the age but she's certainly old enough to drink ;) Thanks again Jamie !

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Plain Canoe of the Week for me is a Rough Rider Smooth Tobacco Bone with Acorn Shield:
tobacco.mark.closed.shoe.jpg

Fancy Canoe of the Week is a German Mohawk stag canoe from AG Russell:
mohawk.pile.closed.bright.jpg

International Knife of the Week is a Cudeman from Spain:
cudeman.open.mark.out.jpg

Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a Case XX half congress (thanks for the GAW, @leghog):
halfcongress.pile.closed.jpg

- GT

Back