1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    @5K Qs Thanks Gary! :)

The closer you get to 60, the more you feel 60. :eek:

So, I'm guessing 70 must be a riot? :p

[​IMG]

2. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    @5K Qs
    [​IMG]
    Well..... as ol' George is supposed to have said, "I cannot tell a lie " The lambsfoot had a wee bit of help:D:p But it was used to cut some tough materials out of the way including old lamp cords used to tie things up, and some thick nylon strapping:thumbsup: It really is a tough working knife:cool:

3. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Wooden Wednesday thunderstorm carry.
    [​IMG]

4. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Thanks Nick and @5K Qs I trimmed a branch last night on the trail...first use :eek::D It's in the pocket today too

[​IMG]

5. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    It’s always better when you can pick in person Gary! I’d say you got a good one! :thumbsup: Thanks for the compliment! :D

Wooderfull of you to say that Gary! :thumbsup: :D

TFBraden and Amir Fleschwund like this.
  6. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    Nope,70 is not a riot.Trust me.At 72 I find myself still recovering from back surgery from two years ago.Shortly before that,my wife's horse jumped a creek and ran over me and broke my leg and busted some ribs on a trail ride a half mile from the house and wasn't fun riding back to where I could fall on the ground and crawl to the car to go to the hospital, and then there are the sleepless nights because of very frequent visits to the latrine.Above all,I find myself in constant need of buying more traditional slip joints to satisfy my urge before I croak.Sixty ? I'd love to be sixty again. Enjoy while you can. Old comes soon.

7. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    "I'm too young, too be this old"

Cutfinger, Ripcord 82 and chuck4570 like this.
  8. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Thanks Jeff, it's ATS34. Nice and thin, real good slicer and sharpens up well.

Amir Fleschwund likes this.
  9. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
  10. Todd Isa 53

Todd Isa 53 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Finally got one of these again!
    Case Bose Norfolk Whittler
    upload_2019-8-21_20-18-37.png

11. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I'm with you, and kudos on your horse ride recovery. I try to stay with at least a few knives within my age group that aren't too banged up.

[​IMG]

- Stuart

12. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    [​IMG]

13. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Still carrying these every day .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

14. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, GT. :)

15. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Got this one as a surprise from @blademan 13 it is a Keen Kutter but it did have a nasty chip/nick about mid way down the blade, took a while but I was able to sharpen it out and she's quite the cutter, plus some interesting covers there that I rubbed with flitz to help polish up the outside so it looks about new, but is pretty old, not sure the age but she's certainly old enough to drink ;) Thanks again Jamie !

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

16. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    After viewing the great Kamp King find by @cjtamu, I pulled out some of my Imperial Hammer Brands from the same era; they are still such great cutters after 60-70+ years. For Thursday I'll go with these 3.:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

17. SnailOffTheTrail

SnailOffTheTrail

Aug 25, 2018
    Is that an osage wood on #73?

18. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Lag time today. Locking one, and handy smaller size 9cm

[​IMG]

19. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Plain Canoe of the Week for me is a Rough Rider Smooth Tobacco Bone with Acorn Shield:
    tobacco.mark.closed.shoe.jpg

Fancy Canoe of the Week is a German Mohawk stag canoe from AG Russell:
    mohawk.pile.closed.bright.jpg

International Knife of the Week is a Cudeman from Spain:
    cudeman.open.mark.out.jpg

Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a Case XX half congress (thanks for the GAW, @leghog):
    halfcongress.pile.closed.jpg

- GT

20. zolthar

zolthar Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Thanks GT! There's even some relief / texture on the scales. :cool:

You went to high school on the moon? :eek::p

Prester John likes this.