1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much Gary.:thumbsup:

2. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    These knives are very special!!!;):thumbsup:

Laurelbb likes this.
  3. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Today with A. Wright lambsfoot stag left hand.:):thumbsup:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
  6. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
  7. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Can't blame you. Why would you ever stop?

Wow, those are gorgeous. Is that what they call "cracked ice" celluloid?

TFBraden, Old Engineer and cigarrodog like this.
  8. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Gev, I was reading back through some posts and discovered your statement about your Stag Churchill. I guess I was under the impression that you had carried it before, but maybe not that often. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe we bought these two at the same time from CK. Mike had put them up as “Culls” because of the stag. As my good friend Harry says “There’s no bad stag! Some is just better than others!” ;) I don’t know about you but mine is one of my favorites. I’m sure you will enjoy it’s time in your pocket! Here’s mine for reference. :D

[​IMG]

Harry I’m glad you are liking your 93’s so much! :thumbsup: It takes me back to the days when a person carried the same knife everyday! ;) Take it out of your pocket at night and put it back in the morning! :thumbsup: :D

Thanks for asking, yes it is. :thumbsup: This one is from 2015 a #73 with OO. :)

Great selection Gary! :thumbsup:

Love that O1 Travis! :thumbsup: Is that another Rendezvous souvenir? :D

Today I’m carrying my Stag Hartshead and my #35 Drover forum knife! Have a great day! :D

[​IMG]

9. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Your schedule was very kind to you this week. Good knives. :cool::thumbsup:

10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    The Case for work and the Waynorth for after work...
    [​IMG]

11. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Ever since I first saw the Acorn shield I’ve been on the look out for one. They must have been hoarded by all the squirrels because I have never seen one for sale. Thought it’d be neat, as it reminds me of the big oak tree in my parents front yard. The tree is gone now, but we used to do a lot with the Acorns that would fall off every year. Shot them out of slingshots, made pretend smoking pipes with toothpicks, and even convinced our little brother they were good to eat...until Mom really chewed us out for that oneo_Oo_O

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  12. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    KeenKutter Cattle knife today :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

TFBraden, ISKRA, chuck4570 and 21 others like this.
  13. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    A little French Ivory this morning.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Superb knife, Jeff!

Cutfinger and Prester John like this.
  15. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    My brother and I call each other on our birthdays, and instead of singing "Happy Birthday" we sing a song by They Might Be Giants. It goes:
    You're older than you've ever been
    and now you're even older
    now you're even older
    now you're even older
    You're older than you've ever been
    and now you're even older
    and now you're older still...

A song one should only sing to a sibling. I assume he's smart enough not to sing it to his wife. :D

Nice pair!
    Wow, great set and they look like new. Imagine getting all three of them new as a kid! Best birthday ever, I'd bet. :D

Day 18 of triple digit temps expected. I want to say I'll carry my new Tidioute daily until the first frost, but how many months away is that? :(
    [​IMG]

16. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice pairing Tom :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Harvey, that is the coolest Lambsfoot! :) :thumbsup:

Striking pair Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic David! :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Gary :) :thumbsup:

LOL! I missed GT's question, but I'm guessing he's asking about the Sheffield Coat of Arms! :D I wondered where you got that from Harvey! :D When I was a kid, it was on all the buses, and it was even my school blazer patch. I've used it as a background image before, but I'd have to go through an awful lot of photos to find it! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

"80's Hipster patch" indeed :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

G'day folks, hope everyone's week is going well :) I've got these two with me today, my pocket-hogging Hartshead Barlow, and a Case Peanut recently gifted to me by @mitch4ging :) Thanks Dennis :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TFBraden, mitch4ging, ISKRA and 24 others like this.
  17. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Ron, I have indeed carried it a ton, just never used it. That is even an old photo when I took it on a photo shoot down by the lake a year and a half ago...or more. It was in fact a cull and you are correct ( good memory ), but I still could not really bring myself to cut anything other than thread and the odd emergency candy bar ...lol. Just did not want to ruin the etch on the clip blade o_O. Well, I made the leap to using it. I'll just avoid getting scratches on my car :rolleyes: Any more anyway...still pangs me about the kid who scratched it all the way down the side with his bicycle. I guess ..no ...I do..need more work on Self

December 22. 2017

[​IMG]

Yours is a beauty and Harry is a wise man, my friend :D:thumbsup:

18. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I oughta sing that to my sister! What's the tune? (I know not to sing it to my wife, whose birthday is tomorrow!)

19. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Gev, it’s nice to know my memory is one thing that still works! ;) I used mine and got some spotty patina which I didn’t really like the looks of. That’s when I decided to do a forced patina. I was always pleased with the Stag on my example and I find yours to be very attractive as well! It’s ironic you should mention scratches on a car! We discovered that someone had scratched the trunk lid on Pam’s car. We only saw it this weekend and we’re pretty sure it wasn’t done when we went to Titusville because we had it detailed on the 5th before we left. I really don’t know if I’ve ever seen her any more fired up than she was when we first discovered it!

dc50 and cigarrodog like this.
  20. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    There have been some really fine looking new Case knives toted and posted here recently and I wanted to join in support, but my wallet is locked for awhile to cover some needed internal parts for three older shotguns (1955 Auto 5 Sweet 16, 1987 Auto 5 Magnum, 1979 Rem 1100) that I'm getting ready for the approaching Fall. So, I'm totin' some "recently acquired" Cases for this Two Trapper Thursday.

[​IMG]

- Stuart