What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Plain Canoe of the Week for me is a Rough Rider Smooth Tobacco Bone with Acorn Shield:
tobacco-mark-closed-shoe-jpg.1183205

Fancy Canoe of the Week is a German Mohawk stag canoe from AG Russell:
mohawk-pile-closed-bright-jpg.1183208

International Knife of the Week is a Cudeman from Spain:
cudeman-open-mark-out-jpg.1183209

Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a Case XX half congress (thanks for the GAW, @leghog):
halfcongress-pile-closed-jpg.1183210

These knives are very special!!!;):thumbsup:

Still carrying these every day .

Harry
Can't blame you. Why would you ever stop?

After viewing the great Kamp King find by C cjtamu , I pulled out some of my Imperial Hammer Brands from the same era; they are still such great cutters after 60-70+ years. For Thursday I'll go with these 3.:rolleyes:

Wow, those are gorgeous. Is that what they call "cracked ice" celluloid?

Thanks Nick and @5K Qs I trimmed a branch last night on the trail...first use :eek::D It's in the pocket today too

39206321101_339abf26ed_k.jpg
Gev, I was reading back through some posts and discovered your statement about your Stag Churchill. I guess I was under the impression that you had carried it before, but maybe not that often. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe we bought these two at the same time from CK. Mike had put them up as “Culls” because of the stag. As my good friend Harry says “There’s no bad stag! Some is just better than others!” ;) I don’t know about you but mine is one of my favorites. I’m sure you will enjoy it’s time in your pocket! Here’s mine for reference. :D

48332462797_2b51c3ec59_b_d.jpg

Still carrying these every day .

Harry
Harry I’m glad you are liking your 93’s so much! :thumbsup: It takes me back to the days when a person carried the same knife everyday! ;) Take it out of your pocket at night and put it back in the morning! :thumbsup: :D

Is that an osage wood on #73?
Thanks for asking, yes it is. :thumbsup: This one is from 2015 a #73 with OO. :)

Plain Canoe of the Week for me is a Rough Rider Smooth Tobacco Bone with Acorn Shield:
View attachment 1183205

View attachment 1183208

View attachment 1183209

Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a Case XX half congress (thanks for the GAW, @leghog):
View attachment 1183210

- GT
Great selection Gary! :thumbsup:

Love that O1 Travis! :thumbsup: Is that another Rendezvous souvenir? :D

Today I’m carrying my Stag Hartshead and my #35 Drover forum knife! Have a great day! :D

48599031552_3ae28c1226_b_d.jpg

View attachment 1183205

View attachment 1183208

View attachment 1183209

View attachment 1183210

- GT

Ever since I first saw the Acorn shield I’ve been on the look out for one. They must have been hoarded by all the squirrels because I have never seen one for sale. Thought it’d be neat, as it reminds me of the big oak tree in my parents front yard. The tree is gone now, but we used to do a lot with the Acorns that would fall off every year. Shot them out of slingshots, made pretend smoking pipes with toothpicks, and even convinced our little brother they were good to eat...until Mom really chewed us out for that oneo_Oo_O

Last edited:
"I'm too young, too be this old"
My brother and I call each other on our birthdays, and instead of singing "Happy Birthday" we sing a song by They Might Be Giants. It goes:
You're older than you've ever been
and now you're even older
now you're even older
now you're even older
and now you're older still...

A song one should only sing to a sibling. I assume he's smart enough not to sing it to his wife. :D

Nice pair!
After viewing the great Kamp King find by C cjtamu , I pulled out some of my Imperial Hammer Brands from the same era; they are still such great cutters after 60-70+ years. For Thursday I'll go with these 3.:rolleyes:
Wow, great set and they look like new. Imagine getting all three of them new as a kid! Best birthday ever, I'd bet. :D

Day 18 of triple digit temps expected. I want to say I'll carry my new Tidioute daily until the first frost, but how many months away is that? :(
yZm0UqR.jpg

These two for Wednesday.

Nice pairing Tom :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. That’s a lovely pair + the beautiful background of your Hartshead Barlow.

Prester John Prester John - Vince, your Wooden Wednesday image hits all the right notes, perfectly.:thumbsup:

E339BD60-2308-44A2-8158-3BF60D40087D_zpsbuitislc.jpeg

Thank you very much Harvey, that is the coolest Lambsfoot! :) :thumbsup:

Striking pair Taylor :) :thumbsup:

8fiG2LI.jpg

Had to tear down a out building today, forgot my saw,good thing I had this;):D

Fantastic David! :) :thumbsup:

Variety is valued, Jack! ;):thumbsup:
That pair of relatively new stags is illustrious! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you very much Gary :) :thumbsup:

@5K Qs I can only guess, GT., but Jack Black Jack Black might know. It was billed as an 80s Hipster patch. It looks like an interpretation, celebrating Labor and Industry. that went way back. On the right side, I see an anvil, so perhaps it in reference to Sheffield as being known as a giant of the Steel Industry. At least that’s what I thought.:)

LOL! I missed GT's question, but I'm guessing he's asking about the Sheffield Coat of Arms! :D I wondered where you got that from Harvey! :D When I was a kid, it was on all the buses, and it was even my school blazer patch. I've used it as a background image before, but I'd have to go through an awful lot of photos to find it! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

"80's Hipster patch" indeed :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

G'day folks, hope everyone's week is going well :) I've got these two with me today, my pocket-hogging Hartshead Barlow, and a Case Peanut recently gifted to me by @mitch4ging :) Thanks Dennis :thumbsup:

ciFR8cf.jpg

zgkIrJ0.jpg

Gev, I was reading back through some posts and discovered your statement about your Stag Churchill. I guess I was under the impression that you had carried it before, but maybe not that often. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe we bought these two at the same time from CK. Mike had put them up as “Culls” because of the stag. As my good friend Harry says “There’s no bad stag! Some is just better than others!” ;) I don’t know about you but mine is one of my favorites. I’m sure you will enjoy it’s time in your pocket! Here’s mine for reference. :D
Ron, I have indeed carried it a ton, just never used it. That is even an old photo when I took it on a photo shoot down by the lake a year and a half ago...or more. It was in fact a cull and you are correct ( good memory ), but I still could not really bring myself to cut anything other than thread and the odd emergency candy bar ...lol. Just did not want to ruin the etch on the clip blade o_O. Well, I made the leap to using it. I'll just avoid getting scratches on my car :rolleyes: Any more anyway...still pangs me about the kid who scratched it all the way down the side with his bicycle. I guess ..no ...I do..need more work on Self

December 22. 2017

24380525287_bebc57ad40_k.jpg

Yours is a beauty and Harry is a wise man, my friend :D:thumbsup:

My brother and I call each other on our birthdays, and instead of singing "Happy Birthday" we sing a song by They Might Be Giants. It goes:
now you're even older
now you're even older
and now you're older still...

A song one should only sing to a sibling. I assume he's smart enough not to sing it to his wife. :D
I oughta sing that to my sister! What's the tune? (I know not to sing it to my wife, whose birthday is tomorrow!)

Ron, I have indeed carried it a ton, just never used it. That is even an old photo when I took it on a photo shoot down by the lake a year and a half ago...or more. It was in fact a cull and you are correct ( good memory ), but I still could not really bring myself to cut anything other than thread and the odd emergency candy bar ...lol. Just did not want to ruin the etch on the clip blade o_O. Well, I made the leap to using it. I'll just avoid getting scratches on my car :rolleyes: Any more anyway...still pangs me about the kid who scratched it all the way down the side with his bicycle. I guess ..no ...I do..need more work on Self

December 22. 2017

24380525287_bebc57ad40_k.jpg

Yours is a beauty and Harry is a wise man, my friend :D:thumbsup:
Gev, it’s nice to know my memory is one thing that still works! ;) I used mine and got some spotty patina which I didn’t really like the looks of. That’s when I decided to do a forced patina. I was always pleased with the Stag on my example and I find yours to be very attractive as well! It’s ironic you should mention scratches on a car! We discovered that someone had scratched the trunk lid on Pam’s car. We only saw it this weekend and we’re pretty sure it wasn’t done when we went to Titusville because we had it detailed on the 5th before we left. I really don’t know if I’ve ever seen her any more fired up than she was when we first discovered it!

There have been some really fine looking new Case knives toted and posted here recently and I wanted to join in support, but my wallet is locked for awhile to cover some needed internal parts for three older shotguns (1955 Auto 5 Sweet 16, 1987 Auto 5 Magnum, 1979 Rem 1100) that I'm getting ready for the approaching Fall. So, I'm totin' some "recently acquired" Cases for this Two Trapper Thursday.

Nck5D0x.jpg

- Stuart

Back