What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Happy National Knife Day!
NxD48k9.jpg

Both are nice, Nick, but that jigging!!!

Another from the flea/estate sale, Case 22087. Box says Texas Jack, but I thought the Texas Jack was the 032 pattern, so I guess they changed the pattern they used at some point? This one was in good shape. Box had gotten wet, minor rust but cleaned right up. Real nice utilitarian knife, going to enjoy using this one .

The Case 32 pattern (which became the 032 in 1978) two-blade was/is called the Medium Texas Jack and is 3 5/8" closed. The 087 pattern, a premium jack, is 3 1/4" closed. Yours is a very nice find, Chris.

Great shot of your Case trappers Stuart; It looks like the yellow fella is ready to trap some beer!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::eek:

Thanks, JJ, and the yella fella did help me bag a limit of lagers that afternoon.

Today I'll be toting a couple black composite covered Camillus BSA knives; one whittler from the 60's and a scout from the late 40's. :D

Once, again, some excellent elders, JJ. Back when I was helping lead a Scout troop in the mid-1990s, I was not yet collecting knives and used them solely as tools. The SAK style scout knives in stainless suited my needs and I can't count the times that I politely turned down a kind offer from a Scout's father/grandfather of a nice old scout knife (which the young Scout had previously turned down, too). I kick myself for many things, but that's at the top of the list.

Time to harvest tomato with the 34OT.
View attachment 1183734

A lot of goodness in that beautiful picture, Alain.

Stand back! Knives ready for work!

I’m totin this pair today. A Northfield SFO #54 Single Spear in Red Jigged Bone and my Rosewood Hartshead Lambsfoot Barlow.

A classic pair there, Ron. That bone is particularly attractive.

Sheepfoot Lambfoot

wj744Kt.jpg

Whichever, they are bah ah ah ah ahd.

That Queen toothpick is majestic, Stuart! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Charming couple of Cases, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: But the bark on that log is what really caught my eye - very "furry". :eek: What species is that??

Thanks, GT.

Before Duckdog answers, I’m going to say white oak. We’ll see if he confirms!

GT, eagle-eyed eff was correct. The Case trappers were resting on a cut limb crotch from a white oak from which I removed the bark to expose the exterior burl lines. It kinda spiffs up the old log pile.

I'm going with a little Case berries and cream this morning.

XZvEaTw.jpg

That is a lovely composition, Jeff. Nice pair.

Beautiful Kutmaster, Stuart!

And thanks, too.

Sweet, Harvey!!

Yep, that's it, Gev.

Miscellaneous Knife this week is a Case chestnut jigged bone CV teardrop:
teardrop-mark-closed-jpg.1184048

Your teardrop makes me weep with joy, GT.

Very cool Stuart, it looks like an outstanding pair for a nice afternoon of imbibing and chatting with old pals!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

They were and it was. Thanks, JJ. I like those so much that I'm totin' a similar pair today.

Today I'll be toting two stag covered traditional knives from Germany; a Bulldog Brand stock knife and a Puma hunter, both from the last century. :D

A staggering duo, JJ Just beautiful.

Man, oh, man, Steve. Those are so nice - excellent.

I’m carrying these two today. Similar theme to Harry, minus the maters! ;)

You are totin' a solid pair today, Ron, and they are mighty handsome.

WOW!! A singularly stunning knife in a stupendous photo, Harvey. Thanks for sharing.

Lovely, Gev.

That's how it's done, Dylan. Great pair and pic.

- Stuart

A belated HAPPY NATIONAL KNIFE DAY to all y'all. In honor of this great holiday and under extreme recent peer pressure (and y'all know who you are), I broke open my wallet and ordered a couple of new production knives. Talk about totin' coals to Newcastle! Anyway, it's done and I await their arrival (might even tote and show them).

I enjoyed the folder/fixed combo that I toted yesterday so much that I'm following suit today:

7MIEF1g.jpg

yxEAsMx.jpg

- Stuart

A belated HAPPY NATIONAL KNIFE DAY to all y'all. In honor of this great holiday and under extreme recent peer pressure (and y'all know who you are), I broke open my wallet and ordered a couple of new production knives. Talk about totin' coals to Newcastle! Anyway, it's done and I await their arrival (might even tote and show them).

I enjoyed the folder/fixed combo that I toted yesterday so much that I'm following suit today:

7MIEF1g.jpg

yxEAsMx.jpg

- Stuart
Thank you, Sir ! Congrats and those two sing...wow !!!

View attachment 1184351 Bakelite on my main user TL-29, and stag with a strange orangey tint on the Bull Buster for Stagurday:D
Jeff, I like orange as much as the next Volunteer! :eek: But I’ll admit that orangish colored stag doesn’t do anything for me! :p :D :thumbsup:

A classic pair there, Ron. That bone is particularly attractive.
Thanks Stuart! :thumbsup: :)

7MIEF1g.jpg

yxEAsMx.jpg

- Stuart
Two very nice choices for today Stuart! :) I look forward to seeing your new goodies when they arrive! :thumbsup:

Both are nice, Nick, but that jigging!!!
Thanks Stuart! That bone Schrade is just pocket jewelry so I toted the honest old Miller Bro’s boy’s knife for cutting needs. I’m keen to know what knives you bought. Nice pair you’re toting today, especially like that Sheffield folder!

Back