What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Time to harvest tomato with the 34OT.
View attachment 1183734
Classic knife and stunning still life, @Jolipapa! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

6UoNnRA.jpg

I've heard the fairy tale about the goose that laid golden eggs, but I'll take the type of WCLF egg your hennaed chicks lay!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a WCLF of a different color, but your ebony is at least as desirable as Travman Travman 's white bone, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Super-useful pair, Jeff, with an average of 2.5 tools per knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Sheepfoot Lambfoot

wj744Kt.jpg
Playing footsie for Black Friday seems like a fine idea, Steve! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Inspired by a few folks here, I decided to slim down one of my Bullnoses, and I love it!! Will be carrying this the next few days, have a good weekend everyone!
gU7t9tm.jpg
That is such a handsome knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Today's carries and my Black Friday entries. 1983 Case 20151L in my front pocket and a Buck 305 in my watch pocket. ...
The Case was actually a garage find, and I mean our garage. I found it a couple years ago and neither of us have any idea where it came from. It was in sad, sad, shape but cleaned up pretty well. The file work is really nice. I assume it was a SFO, but when I called Case about it they were unable to verify. They also told me they called it a Barlow. Go figure.
View attachment 1183778
View attachment 1183779
Classy coal-colored couple for Black Friday! :cool::cool::thumbsup: That Case lockback is cool, but the stories you and Case tell about it are mysterious!

Before Duckdog answers, I’m going to say white oak. We’ll see if he confirms!

Thanks for the compliment, Gary!
White oak??? :eek: It sure doesn't look anything like the bark on my very old red oaks in the front yard! But I don't know trees. Thanks, Jeff.

I'm going with a little Case berries and cream this morning.

XZvEaTw.jpg
Definitely a notable pair, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

The one on the left is a S&M Heritage Jack in rosewood. I just finished the set and am quite pleased with all three.
BB0ja1r.jpg
Thanks for the ID, Jiki, and congrats on completing your triple play! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

For Old Friends Friday, I'm totin' a pair that I can carry with me this afternoon when I get together with some buddies for what has become a weekly Liars Libation Lounge at a local watering hole to discuss cars, fishing/hunting, baseball (and ACC and NFL pre-season), and the foibles of all of those around us. Something old, something new-ish.

HckENcw.jpg

- Stuart
Looks like a great pair for show-and-tell with the Bottle Tips & Loose Lips Club! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks Gary, If it is it's not by much.
Thanks for the info, Steve. :) Was it uncommon to "float" a shield on top of the covers?

Another recent Rough Rider pick-up. The Bow Trapper in T10 carbon steel.

YmL6G2p.jpg
I have several carbon steel Rough Riders, and your bow trapper looks highly desirable. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: How do you think it compares with a "normal" full size trapper?

Your DamSamLamb Senator is a treat, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Still looking magnificent, even after use, Gev! ;):cool::cool:

Thank you, Gary. Have you posted your 6347; I don't remember seeing it?
I'm sure I've posted it as a Stockman of the Week and as a "free choice knife", but it looks like my current schedule for stockman patterns repeats every 30 weeks, so the 6347 gets carried only one week each calendar year.
sawcut.mark.3open.out.jpg

Today's carry.

Given the knives I posted on Friday, it's not a surprise that your CV chestnut jigged teardrop is MY favorite of YOUR several Case teardrops.:cool::cool:;)

Nice lineup Gary !
Thanks, Steve. :)

That almost-new Case saw cut Barlow looks VERY vintage, @solphilos; congrats! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks Gary. I like your 2 Case’s you’re toting today!
Thanks, Nick. :)

Okay, @RDaneel and 5K Qs 5K Qs y'all have to STOP with the Case Teardrops! You know I have a sickness! Not nice! :D
I think Doctor @RDaneel already wrote you an excellent prescription to treat your disease. :D But I'll bet you and Kim can go out this weekend and find yourself a half-dozen teardrops at one of your magical flea markets!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::p

I've had these two with me today. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!

CV9D6xM.jpg
Truth, right there in black and white! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today i carried my GEC 93. perfect size & sweeeeet blade!
HAGD
48609064268_408d7a2eab_b.jpg[IMG]
Hey @Hibou Canne - my carry today - a distant cousin of yours. This one from Spain. :thumbsup:

Ray

View attachment 1184176
Those are a couple of moving sheepsfoot by the seaside photos, guys! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Another perfect trifecta Gary; you certainly continue to pick the winners at this track!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
Thanks, JJ; I only go to the $2 windows, but that's fun enough for me! ;)

Today I'll be toting two stag covered traditional knives from Germany; a Bulldog Brand stock knife and a Puma hunter, both from the last century. :D
Gorgeous examples, JJ. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Do you think German stag is distinctive/recognizable, with a style that's different from British or American??

This one is borrowed and I might not give it back.
1gkHMyH.jpg
As Gev remarked, that is certainly a covetable knife! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Remington kind of day, always have a Peanut of some flavor and the lockback is bigger than I usually carry but it needs pocket time also.
View attachment 1184260
Wow, that's a charming and well-matched pair of Remingtons! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

My Stag/Horn Knife this week is a Joker bull horn knife my daughter bought for me in Zaragoza, Spain:
joker.elle.dock.jpg

My Lambsfoot of the Week is Man Jack, a stag senator I won in a GAW by a BF member from Manchester, England:
MJ.pile.slip.jpg

- GT

Bloefield, please tell me about your jack.
The scales on my Camillus #18 are held on by only the brass center pin and plastic sprue on ends of the scales- poked through the liners and melted in the blade well.
Michael
Sorry for late response.
That's a #14 with 3 pins like the others I have.
Here's some shots of #14's and #18's
Seems to me the earlier model 18's had 3 pins going by the stamps on the ones I have.
I could be wrong so here's is some pics.

BvxpIw4.jpg

K1BigW9.jpg

XTBBHGx.jpg

Iq2mog9.jpg

itpU8P2.jpg

5K Qs 5K Qs This knife fills out the hand a bit more. A bit heftier but nicely so. It also has a somewhat unique lanyard attachment via a pin integrated in the butt of than handle.

It's a good looking and well finished knife.

Don't think you can go wrong.

A belated HAPPY NATIONAL KNIFE DAY to all y'all. In honor of this great holiday and under extreme recent peer pressure (and y'all know who you are), I broke open my wallet and ordered a couple of new production knives. Talk about totin' coals to Newcastle! Anyway, it's done and I await their arrival (might even tote and show them).

I enjoyed the folder/fixed combo that I toted yesterday so much that I'm following suit today:

7MIEF1g.jpg

yxEAsMx.jpg

- Stuart

Very nice pair.

Well I live in the Newcastle region, so send away:D

Ibberson(Sheffield) Pen Knife
Wow Harvey, your Iberson is an amazing example of Sheffield at their best; stunning detail!:thumbsup::thumbsup::eek:
Wondrous pair !!!!
46911244885_8423ddccfe_k.jpg

and my Churchill
Thank you Gev!!! What a beautiful image of your knife; you even managed to get that delightful moth to pose!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Thanks, JJ, and the yella fella did help me bag a limit of lagers that afternoon.
Excellet!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Once, again, some excellent elders, JJ. Back when I was helping lead a Scout troop in the mid-1990s, I was not yet collecting knives and used them solely as tools. The SAK style scout knives in stainless suited my needs and I can't count the times that I politely turned down a kind offer from a Scout's father/grandfather of a nice old scout knife (which the young Scout had previously turned down, too). I kick myself for many things, but that's at the top of the list.
Thanks Stuart!!! I have a soft spot for these BSA related knives as I believe my first tote was a Cub Scout version!:D
A staggering duo, JJ Just beautiful.
I enjoyed the folder/fixed combo that I toted yesterday so much that I'm following suit today:
Thanks again!!! You too have quite an exceptional pair of stag bearing beauties; a fixed blade with a traditional folder is a perfect combination!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Looks like I’ll be canning salsa tomorrow.
I'd say you have salsa for the entire town Jeff; amazing!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Fantastic image Joel! Those wonderful knives wearing stag look astounding in that setting!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Gorgeous examples, JJ. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Do you think German stag is distinctive/recognizable, with a style that's different from British or American??
Thanks Gary!!! The only stag I have seen that looks distinctive are several examples from Puma that I have owned over the years.:rolleyes:
My Lambsfoot of the Week is Man Jack, a stag senator I won in a GAW by a BF member from Manchester, England:
mj-pile-slip-jpg.1184570
Speaking of stag, your Lambsfoot senator looks gorgeous as do your other two choices of bull horn and bone!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
No time to take pictures today so I will use some old ones of what is in my pockets today .
I certainly have a great time gazing on those handsome knives Harry!!! I recently read that LF&C (your cool crate) was the world's largest cutlery company by 1905!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1184628 View attachment 1184629

GEC has a couple of good ones in the works! 77 Barlow’s and a run of 92’s; not bad at all!
Handsome dogs, Kurt and Les!
1095 and stabilized redwood burl, should do ok.
View attachment 1184833 View attachment 1184834
That’s nice, Josh! Did you make it?

View attachment 1184863 A couple of mid-size knives for me today. This was my first stockman, bought while working at Sears hardware back in high school. View attachment 1184862

Back