1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Duckdog - Thank you Stuart. Your folder and fixed blade is perfect.

2. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Classic knife and stunning still life, @Jolipapa! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I've heard the fairy tale about the goose that laid golden eggs, but I'll take the type of WCLF egg your hennaed chicks lay!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a WCLF of a different color, but your ebony is at least as desirable as @Travman's white bone, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Super-useful pair, Jeff, with an average of 2.5 tools per knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Playing footsie for Black Friday seems like a fine idea, Steve! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That is such a handsome knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Classy coal-colored couple for Black Friday! :cool::cool::thumbsup: That Case lockback is cool, but the stories you and Case tell about it are mysterious!

White oak??? :eek: It sure doesn't look anything like the bark on my very old red oaks in the front yard! But I don't know trees. Thanks, Jeff.

Definitely a notable pair, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for the ID, Jiki, and congrats on completing your triple play! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Looks like a great pair for show-and-tell with the Bottle Tips & Loose Lips Club! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks for the info, Steve. :) Was it uncommon to "float" a shield on top of the covers?

I have several carbon steel Rough Riders, and your bow trapper looks highly desirable. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: How do you think it compares with a "normal" full size trapper?

Your DamSamLamb Senator is a treat, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Still looking magnificent, even after use, Gev! ;):cool::cool:

I'm sure I've posted it as a Stockman of the Week and as a "free choice knife", but it looks like my current schedule for stockman patterns repeats every 30 weeks, so the 6347 gets carried only one week each calendar year.
    sawcut.mark.3open.out.jpg

Given the knives I posted on Friday, it's not a surprise that your CV chestnut jigged teardrop is MY favorite of YOUR several Case teardrops.:cool::cool:;)

Thanks, Steve. :)

That almost-new Case saw cut Barlow looks VERY vintage, @solphilos; congrats! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Nick. :)

I think Doctor @RDaneel already wrote you an excellent prescription to treat your disease. :D But I'll bet you and Kim can go out this weekend and find yourself a half-dozen teardrops at one of your magical flea markets!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::p

Truth, right there in black and white! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Those are a couple of moving sheepsfoot by the seaside photos, guys! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, JJ; I only go to the $2 windows, but that's fun enough for me! ;)

Gorgeous examples, JJ. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Do you think German stag is distinctive/recognizable, with a style that's different from British or American??

As Gev remarked, that is certainly a covetable knife! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wow, that's a charming and well-matched pair of Remingtons! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

My Stag/Horn Knife this week is a Joker bull horn knife my daughter bought for me in Zaragoza, Spain:
    joker.elle.dock.jpg

My Lambsfoot of the Week is Man Jack, a stag senator I won in a GAW by a BF member from Manchester, England:
    MJ.pile.slip.jpg

- GT

3. Bloefield

Bloefield

Aug 2, 2013
    Released in early February 1976.
    4" long. Saber grind.

BigKurtHaze and Cutfinger like this.
  4. Bloefield

Bloefield

Aug 2, 2013
    Sorry for late response.
    That's a #14 with 3 pins like the others I have.
    Here's some shots of #14's and #18's
    Seems to me the earlier model 18's had 3 pins going by the stamps on the ones I have.
    I could be wrong so here's is some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. JOELSM

JOELSM

Aug 30, 2007
    Thanks pmek5- enjoy the weekend!

pmek5 likes this.
  6. jacksterp

jacksterp Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 3, 2011
    @5K Qs This knife fills out the hand a bit more. A bit heftier but nicely so. It also has a somewhat unique lanyard attachment via a pin integrated in the butt of than handle.

It's a good looking and well finished knife.

Don't think you can go wrong.

7. Spencergarden

Spencergarden

May 28, 2016
    Sliced this slice with my Beer Scout.

[​IMG]

8. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    5B12504A-B7D1-4B21-B756-2ABB857F74A8.jpeg 9E287ACB-6992-4994-9732-37168A8E84C8.jpeg

GEC has a couple of good ones in the works! 77 Barlow’s and a run of 92’s; not bad at all!

9. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
    Very nice pair.

Well I live in the Newcastle region, so send away:D

TFBraden and Duckdog like this.
  10. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    No time to take pictures today so I will use some old ones of what is in my pockets today .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And I only carry Stag on days that end in a " Y "
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

11. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Days end with an Ink Black ebony #66:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Wow Harvey, your Iberson is an amazing example of Sheffield at their best; stunning detail!:thumbsup::thumbsup::eek:
    Thank you Gev!!! What a beautiful image of your knife; you even managed to get that delightful moth to pose!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
    Excellet!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
    Thanks Stuart!!! I have a soft spot for these BSA related knives as I believe my first tote was a Cub Scout version!:D
    Thanks again!!! You too have quite an exceptional pair of stag bearing beauties; a fixed blade with a traditional folder is a perfect combination!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    I'd say you have salsa for the entire town Jeff; amazing!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
    Fantastic image Joel! Those wonderful knives wearing stag look astounding in that setting!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thanks Gary!!! The only stag I have seen that looks distinctive are several examples from Puma that I have owned over the years.:rolleyes:
    Speaking of stag, your Lambsfoot senator looks gorgeous as do your other two choices of bull horn and bone!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
    I certainly have a great time gazing on those handsome knives Harry!!! I recently read that LF&C (your cool crate) was the world's largest cutlery company by 1905!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

TFBraden, JOELSM and Amir Fleschwund like this.
  13. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    I felt like a couple from Robeson for my totes today; a rock solid scout from the 1911-20 period and an ultra keen edged jack from the 1922-39 era. :D
    [​IMG]

14. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    1095 and stabilized redwood burl, should do ok.
    20190825_011356-759x1374.jpg 20190825_011319-759x720.jpg

15. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    Beautiful. I wish I would have bought one of the ebonys when they were available. You know what they say about hindsight.

paulhilborn likes this.
  16. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I've fallen woefully behind with this thread I'm afraid :( But I'm carrying these two today :) Hope everyone is having a great weekend :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Smooth White Bone #74[​IMG]

18. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Sunday funday
    upload_2019-8-25_8-19-15.jpeg

19. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Handsome dogs, Kurt and Les!
    That’s nice, Josh! Did you make it?

947C9B0F-AED2-486C-B349-4FDEF4B22C24.jpeg A couple of mid-size knives for me today. This was my first stockman, bought while working at Sears hardware back in high school. A8E7F851-135C-4F86-93E7-2DE893B90E65.jpeg

20. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Churchill today :thumbsup:

[​IMG]