What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I felt like a couple from Robeson for my totes today; a rock solid scout from the 1911-20 period and an ultra keen edged jack from the 1922-39 era. :D

Sweet pair ! Love the jigging on that scout ........
WQhUdeG.gif

This one today. I like the concept of these Lionsteel Barlows, but with the high tech materials & M390 blade, I have kind of a hard time considering them "real traditional Barlows", but...........they're just plain practical, so my Shuffler & Roundhead get carried frequently.
DSC00223-X2.jpg

View attachment 1184889

Nothing better than a cup of coffee on a Sunday morning. This Oregon Collector’s 43 was one of the best of that run. It is one of the rare examples of top notch random jigging I have seen GEC produce. I cannot help but wonder why they seem to struggle with older jigging patterns.
Perfection and great image !!!

View attachment 1184889

Nothing better than a cup of coffee on a Sunday morning. This Oregon Collector’s 43 was one of the best of that run. It is one of the rare examples of top notch random jigging I have seen GEC produce. I cannot help but wonder why they seem to struggle with older jigging patterns.

I agree on both counts, Sunday morning coffee and that knife are both outstanding.:thumbsup:
Would like to see GEC do more knives with that jigging pattern.

I felt like a couple from Robeson for my totes today; a rock solid scout from the 1911-20 period and an ultra keen edged jack from the 1922-39 era. :D
Your vintage cutlery is always a treat JJ! :thumbsup: The Robesons and that fantastic Bone is exceptional! :)

F.W. Jordan pen (1920s) and Cattaraugus jack (1886-1963).

f9byyOb.jpg

NfxCwCs.jpg

- Stuart
Two outstanding knives my friend! :thumbsup: :D

Just this one today! :)

33472972508_516708bfa3_b_d.jpg

Back