What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This one today. I like the concept of these Lionsteel Barlows, but with the high tech materials & M390 blade, I have kind of a hard time considering them "real traditional Barlows", but...........they're just plain practical, so my Shuffler & Roundhead get carried frequently.
DSC00223-X2.jpg
This is my opinion of it as well. I love the Shuffler, everything about it is so well executed, and the design is highly practical.
Still, I find myself not carrying mine because of those great features.
The M390 steel is mostly why mine stays in the drawer. As good as it is I like knowing that if I'm out and about I can touch up my blades with whatever abrasives are around; car windows, coffee mugs or even the right rock. This isn't really a rational decision, but
I simply prefer more traditional materials.

I'm sure I've posted it as a Stockman of the Week and as a "free choice knife", but it looks like my current schedule for stockman patterns repeats every 30 weeks, so the 6347 gets carried only one week each calendar year.
View attachment 1184565

Given the knives I posted on Friday, it's not a surprise that your CV chestnut jigged teardrop is MY favorite of YOUR several Case teardrops.:cool::cool:;)

Thanks, Steve. :)

That almost-new Case saw cut Barlow looks VERY vintage, solphilos solphilos ; congrats! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Nick. :)

I think Doctor RDaneel RDaneel already wrote you an excellent prescription to treat your disease. :D But I'll bet you and Kim can go out this weekend and find yourself a half-dozen teardrops at one of your magical flea markets!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::p

Truth, right there in black and white! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Those are a couple of moving sheepsfoot by the seaside photos, guys! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, JJ; I only go to the $2 windows, but that's fun enough for me! ;)

Gorgeous examples, JJ. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Do you think German stag is distinctive/recognizable, with a style that's different from British or American??

As Gev remarked, that is certainly a covetable knife! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wow, that's a charming and well-matched pair of Remingtons! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

My Stag/Horn Knife this week is a Joker bull horn knife my daughter bought for me in Zaragoza, Spain:
View attachment 1184569

My Lambsfoot of the Week is Man Jack, a stag senator I won in a GAW by a BF member from Manchester, England:
View attachment 1184570

- GT

Oh my, how could I have forgotten that stunning stockman, Gary!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you for your teardrop appreciation.:)

Finally, your Stag/Horn and Lambsfoot of the week knives are wonderful. :thumbsup:

Thanks @Bloefield :thumbsup:
Much appreciated, nice to see newer and older versions of those two models.
Mine is like the #18 top right in the upper photo, except for the thumb access relief on the scale/liner.

Michael

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 7
I gotta come play catch up later. Kim and I went to a couple other flea markets yesterday, and now I have to move furniture! In addition, we found a few more worthwhile knives. This one in my pocket today. 1965-1969 Case 087 Stockman. In great shape, haven't done a thing to it. I think I can get some of the staining off it, we'll see.
20190825_115153 resized.jpg

This one today. I like the concept of these Lionsteel Barlows, but with the high tech materials & M390 blade, I have kind of a hard time considering them "real traditional Barlows", but...........they're just plain practical, so my Shuffler & Roundhead get carried frequently.
DSC00223-X2.jpg
I have heard complaints about these being ground too thick behibd the edge. I that something that has been fixed on later production? Looking to buy one with blue titan and natural micarta, but reports of thick gring hold me back.

This is my opinion of it as well. I love the Shuffler, everything about it is so well executed, and the design is highly practical.
Still, I find myself not carrying mine because of those great features.
The M390 steel is mostly why mine stays in the drawer. As good as it is I like knowing that if I'm out and about I can touch up my blades with whatever abrasives are around; car windows, coffee mugs or even the right rock. This isn't really a rational decision, but
I simply prefer more traditional materials.

The beauty is that, barring abuse or bouncing it off cement, you won't need to touch it up as often.

I have heard complaints about these being ground too thick behibd the edge. I that something that has been fixed on later production? Looking to buy one with blue titan and natural micarta, but reports of thick gring hold me back.

I have a dom, a shuffler and a warhorse. And while not super thin, they aren't too bad behind the edge. Better than many but not as thin as some. If you like them laser thin behind the edge, it may not be for you. But mine are all thin enough, profiled to 20*, that they slice through cardboard mighty easily.

Lucky for me, the one I carried today was the one I needed and the spay blade on the large Case Trapper was just the ticket for the skinning job. I knew it would be though,that's why I bought it.After the farm chores were done I decided to wet a line in our pond and try a new lure out. Caught this big guy on the first cast.To bad you guys couldn't have seen the best part when my sheep walked over to see what I was doing and pushed on the stool that I was cleaning the Bass on and knocked the spay blade into my finger and taking a slice off my knuckle.
9gOR7BE.jpg

Back