What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Well folks I’ve made it! :eek: The Good Lord has blessed me to be able to say “I’m 65” this morning! Pam and I are spending the weekend at our daughters place near Nashville. I’m only carrying one knife this weekend. I thought it only fitting to carry the knife that has spent the most time in my pocket during these 65 years. So here is the birthday card my daughter left here for me along with my 1973 Case 6347 Stainless Stockman. I’ll probably be posting again later when I get Pam’s card. I hope y’all have a blessed day! :)

48693294298_a605c997d9_b_d.jpg

48693806647_7e6f514e11_b_d.jpg
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND!!!

Very cool. Knife aint no slouch either.
This is for you~

Well folks I’ve made it! :eek: The Good Lord has blessed me to be able to say “I’m 65” this morning! Pam and I are spending the weekend at our daughters place near Nashville. I’m only carrying one knife this weekend. I thought it only fitting to carry the knife that has spent the most time in my pocket during these 65 years. So here is the birthday card my daughter left here for me along with my 1973 Case 6347 Stainless Stockman. I’ll probably be posting again later when I get Pam’s card. I hope y’all have a blessed day! :)

We had a Boston! Great pooch.
Many happy and healthy return, buddy!

Happy Birthday my friend . Gravity does in fact pull on us more the older we get . Very nice looking older Case Ron . We hope you had a GREAT Birthday .

Harry

Well, Happy Birthday, Ron! Hope it's a great one.

Half/Stop Half/Stop
Happy Birthday Ron. Wishing you the best and many more!!

Happy 65th Ron. :)

Congratulations ! A milestone birthday, and it's an accomplishment to be carrying the same knife for so long. Thanks for sharing.

Wondrous !!!! Sweet

Half/Stop Half/Stop Happy Birthday !

Half/Stop Half/Stop - Happy 65 Ron. Hope your day and visit is a great one.

Half/Stop Half/Stop Happy Birthday Ron! Hope you enjoy the weekend with family.

Happy birthday Ron!

Happy Birthday, Ron! Welcome to 65, it's a nice age. :):D

happy birthday! that's a great age.

Happy 65th Birthday!

Happy birthday, young feller (Ron).

Happy birthday, Ron!

Happy birthday Ron!! Half/Stop Half/Stop

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND!!!

We had a Boston! Great pooch.
Many happy and healthy return, buddy!

Happy Birthday my friend . Gravity does in fact pull on us more the older we get . Very nice looking older Case Ron . We hope you had a GREAT Birthday .

Harry

Happy Birthday, Ron Half/Stop Half/Stop . I hope that you have many, many more happy ones, YOUNG MAN.
- Stuart

Well the big day has come and gone! I had a great day. Thanks to all my great friends here on the Porch for your Happy Birthday wishes. I appreciate each one and I appreciate each of you! Thanks so much!

You’re getting close to home. Cuba City has the absolute best string cheese on the planet. Gile Cheese:)
Did not know that !!! Thanks for the info . We like to get cheese from Decatur Dairy , which is just outside of Broadhead .

Harry

Well the big day has come and gone! I had a great day. Thanks to all my great friends here on the Porch for your Happy Birthday wishes. I appreciate each one and I appreciate each of you! Thanks so much!
Late to the party but Happy Belated Birthday !:)

All the very best on your 65th birthday Ron!!!

It's a pleasure to partake in your compositions ! I have not added to my barlow collection in sometime; thanks for the inspiration of that beauty....wow
Thank you Gev, you are very kind! A glorious pair for you today; I always feel the old beauties like your Ulster are yearning to tell their stories!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. Love the Chris Johnson Barlow and the Fieldmaster. as well as the dark mood and masterful composition your image evokes.
Thank you very much Harvey!!! Again you have a fabulous knife, giving it that wonderful dimension with your amazing photography!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Maybe I'm bragging but usually any day you can put another hole on the buckle end of your belt is a good day.
That is certainly true and what an outstanding way to accomplish your task using your GEC 29 beauty!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Enchanting carries for Black Friday; that 2-blade swell-end jack is a corker!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
My Peanut of the Week is a stainless Case delrin model I won in the first GAW I entered on The Porch (thanks, Cory):
delrin-peanut-mark-2open-deckford-jpg.1192744

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Marbles ram's horn sowbelly stockman:
sowbelly-ram-mark-3open-deckvista-jpg.1192746

Lambsfoot of the Week is my 2018 ebony Guardians lambsfoot that I've named Black Jack:
pile-open-handout-jpg.1192748
Thank you Gary!!! You have another excellent set of 3 slick slicers today; hard to be a sowbelly for "feeling in hand" (something I learned via you!):thumbsup::thumbsup::D
I’ve had these two with me the last couple days.
Went to the Flea Market in Monroe , Wi. today and had this in my pocket . We found Zero knives worth buying , but was able to pick up 3 more Horse Harness Hames Brass Balls.

Now I have 4 to use for projects . Cost of the 3 latest ones = $ 11
Wow Harry, not only an old and beautiful TEW, but quite an excellent acquisition of those classic harness balls!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Boy, you can't take your eye off this thread for a moment. Well, another Saturday, another dove hunt,. I toted these all day.

Hv5Y3sX.jpg
Great setup for another harvest Stuart; heck you can even snap into a 'biner and rappel to your final firing position!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Last edited:
Hope you have a great hike Jack! The blade choices on your pair makes for a very versatile duo! :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :) Sorry for missing your birthday due to the time difference, but a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ron :) I hope you had a wonderful day, and that you're having a lovely weekend. Many, many happy returns :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack!!! Your HHB paired with the 44 is a formidable duo!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot JJ :) :thumbsup:

pfb48GJ.jpg

Working today, missed 2 days thanks to Dorian

Hope there hasn't been too much damage roundabouts David, good pair of co-workers there :thumbsup:

Maybe I'm bragging but usually any day you can put another hole on the buckle end of your belt is a good day.
lu58zqz.jpg

Sure is! :D :) :thumbsup:

With the arrival of some new knives this week I strayed for a couple of days, but the L'il Lambsfoot is back in the pocket today :)

6UP89Ct.jpg

Looks like you've really taken to that one Mike :) :thumbsup:

That ebony gunstock jack is a apt choice for Black Friday, and your stag HHB is an everyday delight! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

My Peanut of the Week is a stainless Case delrin model I won in the first GAW I entered on The Porch (thanks, Cory):
View attachment 1192744

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Marbles ram's horn sowbelly stockman:
View attachment 1192746

Lambsfoot of the Week is my 2018 ebony Guardians lambsfoot that I've named Black Jack:
View attachment 1192748

- GT

Thank you very much buddy, those are fine choices :) :thumbsup:

After seeing @5K Qs chose a sowbelly in his knife trio, I decided my Sunday totes would be another "surf and turf" version; a BB Winchester sowbelly in abalone and an Imperial EO jack in bovine.

Excellent pairing :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks :) Boy, does this thread fly these days?! :eek: Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and that you have an enjoyable Sunday :) I'm carrying these two today, my very first GEC, a kind gift from my dear friend Duncan @Campbellclanman , along with the Hartshead Barlow which seems to be glued to my pocket at the moment ;) :thumbsup:

nxAjlrP.jpg

tKIITMz.jpg

Back