What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

In keeping with my small oldies theme of late, I switched to this equal end Robeson this morning.

cP60ZcY.jpg

That's a beauty Jeff :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black
Thanks Jack, no damage in my area from the storm. Although the outerbanks and along the coast got more. Nothing like those poor souls in the Bahamas though.

Glad to hear it David, but yes, a terrible thing elsewhere :( :thumbsup:

Looks like you've really taken to that one Mike :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks :) Boy, does this thread fly these days?! :eek: Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and that you have an enjoyable Sunday :) I'm carrying these two today, my very first GEC, a kind gift from my dear friend Duncan @Campbellclanman , along with the Hartshead Barlow which seems to be glued to my pocket at the moment ;) :thumbsup:

nxAjlrP.jpg

tKIITMz.jpg

So true! It's almost an instant favorite. Looks like you had a great walk yesterday. Love seeing that HHB out and about.

Not surprisingly, the L'il one's back in the pocket today :)

NqiwCyP.jpg

I'm off out for a hike tomorrow, and carrying the same pair again :) Hope everyone has a great weekend :thumbsup:
A pair worth carrying is worth carrying twice. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

These 2 today :
Harry
That's a notable pair, Harry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks fellas. Its been ruff at times but I have always wanted to be a one knife guy so i could have a honest pocket worn knife. I just love the look of a knife that's been carried for so long the blades worn down and the bones worn smooth. Just gotta make another 10 or 20 years :p:rolleyes: 5K Qs 5K Qs Just 1 blade keeps its simple :) @Amir Fleschwund Your grandfather sure picked a beautie! Hard to beat ebony an easy open notch and a nice spear!:thumbsup::thumbsup: @RDaneel Thank you!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Emmer Knives custom Nessmuk and modded Opinel No. 8

That Opinel mod is splendid! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I worked in the yard all day and have missed most of the recent postings (will catch them up soon). It was overcast here, so I brightened my day with these - a Queen #13 switch pattern (1958-1960) and an Imperial premium jack (1946-1956).
VZmYCne.jpg

My day got even brighter, though only temporarily, when a buddy dropped by to leave a knife with me for oiling/sharpening. I got to tote it for a few hours. A Case medium stockman (1971):
fElXEFf.jpg

Man, I hated handing that one back.
- Stuart
Your double yellow is mellow, Stuart, and that Case stockman is definitely attractive! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: You should hunt down a Case like that for yourself. ;)

Thanks GT! Carrying this little traplifter again. So my process was just a simmer and soak in RIT dye. At first I tried Cherry Red but that ended up being dark magenta. So I tossed it in some Tangerine Orange and voila it was a nice blood red.
It’s just like my buddy Randy says “If at first you don’t succeed, dye, dye again.” ...
Thanks for the dyeing prescription, Doc! :):thumbsup::cool:

My Saturday totes are a couple of wildly popular patterns from their countries of origin; a BSA Fieldmaster scout from Switzerland and a CJ Barlow from England.:D
I've been hanging around BF for more than 5 years, but I don't think I'm familiar with the maker of that nice Barlow. :confused:
At some point, I spent time trying to decide which model SAK would be best for me, and I decided that the Fieldmaster was optimal. :cool::cool::thumbsup: Surprisingly, I still haven't picked one up (but I do have an almost-identical Huntsman, with corkscrew instead of Phillips driver.) :rolleyes:

View attachment 1192395 View attachment 1192394 View attachment 1192393

Dark Wood and Ivory Bone makes a nice combination. There is no knife that makes you happier to slip into your pocket than a Beer Scout! The Charred Oak is the one that introduced me to GEC. I sure hope they bring us a new version one day with a name that survives the scrutiny of the Boy Scouts’ lawyers! If anyone is aware of a Sawcut Bone version that needs a new home, please let me know.
That's a quartet that could quench a lot of knife thirst! :thumbsup::cool::cool: That corset shield on ebony is classy.

Boker yesterday. Misplaced Hillbilly via Waverave Parker Eagle today.
WwP6fYU.jpg
Couple of noteworthy knives, Jer! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Will, I saw a display of Samuel Adams Octoberfest beer in my local grocery this past week - its time! Carrying two today, an HSB Jr. Cattle in my pocket and a Buck Esquire in a small leather belt pouch. OH...
Handsome pair of knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I've been drinking Leinenkugel Octoberfest for a couple of weeks already, and picked up a box of Samuel Adams Oktoberfest on Wednesday. ;)

One knife, two pics.View attachment 1192432View attachment 1192433 Have a great Saturday
View attachment 1192964 View attachment 1192965 Another piece of cow skeleton spared the indignity of becoming a chew toy for someone’s dog.
The pile side took the dye darker for some reason.View attachment 1192966
Every time I see you post one of your dog chew recovers, I admire your ingenuity and skill, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Did you jig the bone yourself?

SW Junior Cattle knife and an old PAL for Saturday :)

Sy4NAfD.jpg
Remarkable matching duo, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: How big is the Junior Cattle knife? (Are they resting on a 4 x 4?)

Happy Saturday
Hope you all have a GREAT weekend

Sweet black/yellow combo, John; congrats on the trapper mod! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (I'd have dumped the clip and kept the spey. :rolleyes:)

I decided to go with my Possum Skinner this morning.I think it brought me good luck. I caught this nice Largemouth out of my backyard pond.
JWxoZA6.jpg
Nice fish and superb knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool: It skins possums; does it scale bass? :)

Nice guitar . I can just hear the song of the year. " My Nut Fell Off and I Can't Play No More".:eek:
:D:D

Well folks I’ve made it! :eek: The Good Lord has blessed me to be able to say “I’m 65” this morning!
Belated Happy 65th, Ron!! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Welcome to the magic of Medicare! :rolleyes: I'm going to have to get myself in gear or you're going to catch up to me in the age race! :)

Great photo of captivating knives, Gev! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

“New” 2011 “61 #28
Congrats on the sunny congress, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (I typically think of "sunny congress" as an oxymoron. :rolleyes:)

the L'il Lambsfoot is back in the pocket today :)
LFLF: LambsFoot Looking Fine, Mike! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today, I'm carrying for the first time a knife I bought several years ago. It is a Schrade USA Uncle Henry 885UH, King Ranch. Probably made in the mid 70s (its serial numbered).
Looks grand, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup: What made you decide to start carrying it now?

Decisions, decisions …
Sensational sextet! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Gary, I like seeing you with the ram's horn, too!
Thanks, Jeff. :)

Looking closely at your Case Delrin Peanut, I see that the main blade looks extremely pointy and sharp. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Marbles Sowbelly is top drawer as is Black Jack. With your new schedule now active, I am looking forward to new knives and combinations. :thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for the compliments, Dean. :) My peanut would have looked even pointier if my pic hadn't cut off the tip. :( I hope the new schedule doesn't disappoint you; not a lot of new knives, but I'm sure there are many new (essentially random) combos due to the way I put it together with each category independent of the others.

Your schedule was very kind to you this week. All three are super nice. :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :) I have different numbers of knives in each category, so for each category, I listed all the knives I have of that type and then repeated that list until I reached 52 weeks. I tend to put the knives I like best at the start of the list because I know they'll end up being carried a little more often than the end of the list. (Sort of like in baseball, the best hitters are put at the top of the batting order so they'll get more chances to hit.)

Life has been hectic and I haven’t been on here much lately. This thread moves fast with great knives as usual! Happy birthday Ron!! Half/Stop Half/Stop
I really like that all-metal photo, Nick! ;):cool::cool:

I gotta go grill some meat, so I'm going to have to stop for now.

- GT

Was going threw my safe queens and pulled out this Case XX CV Barlow to wipe down and noticed this beautiful perfect patina on the brass liners . It almost looks like 14kt gold . This is my favorite Case and such a great example.
Thank you DLT and Case I’m really enjoying this one:)
kwQxbF0.jpg

AjEAm0H.jpg

cbVxDC3.jpg

Hope you had a fine day Ron :) I am glad you were able to spend some time with Duncan the other year, such a great guy :) Thank you my friend, that's very generous of you :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack, I’ve had a nice weekend! Meeting Duncan and Paul at the 2017 Rendezvous was definitely a treat. Both are genuinely great guys. Pam and I look forward to seeing them again hopefully in April at the Oregon show! :D :thumbsup:

@JJ - Thank you JJ. Very cool abalone Covers. Always very cool knives.

5B505A86-6652-44A8-B8FC-41EC93D14703_zpsz598vk1c.jpeg
Harvey the Waynorth Jigged Bone looks great! :thumbsup: :)

Ron, congrats on your momentous day! You're less than a year ahead of me; I don't see how I can catch you unless you start fibbing! ;)

In keeping with my small oldies theme of late, I switched to this equal end Robeson this morning.

cP60ZcY.jpg
Thanks Jeff! I’m probably not going to do any fibbing my friend! Anyone can look at me and tell I’m an old F_rt! :thumbsup: :eek: :D

Belated Happy 65th, Ron!! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Welcome to the magic of Medicare! :rolleyes: I'm going to have to get myself in gear or you're going to catch up to me in the age race! :)
Thanks Gary! :) The way I look at it is I’m not getting older, I’m getting better! :eek: At what I’ve yet to figure out! :rolleyes:

Very cool. Knife aint no slouch either.
This is for you~
Sampled the video in 3 random spots for about a minute each; gonna have to listen to that later! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Went to the Flea Market in Monroe , Wi. today and had this in my pocket . We found Zero knives worth buying , but was able to pick up 3 more Horse Harness Hames Brass Balls.
...Now I have 4 to use for projects . Cost of the 3 latest ones = $ 11

Harry
Very cool, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I don't remember if I've ever told you this, but when I was growing up on a dairy farm, before we started dehorning all our calves, we used to attach those brass knobs with the short shaft to the tips of the horns of our bull and some of the more aggressive cows. Really cut down on the bloody gashes the meaner stock would sometimes inflict! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Boy, you can't take your eye off this thread for a moment. Well, another Saturday, another dove hunt,. I toted these all day.

Hv5Y3sX.jpg

Happy Birthday, Ron Half/Stop Half/Stop . I hope that you have many, many more happy ones, YOUNG MAN.
- Stuart
Stuart, those doves don't have a chance against you! ;):eek: With your ear plugs, they can't even count on your hearing their pleas for mercy! :rolleyes:

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. As for comparisons to my Stag Senator, I must say: Au contraire mon frere. Your Man Jack is right up there.:)
You're too kind, Harvey! :)

Thank you Gary!!! You have another excellent set of 3 slick slicers today; hard to be a sowbelly for "feeling in hand" (something I learned via you!):thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Thanks, JJ. :)

After seeing 5K Qs 5K Qs chose a sowbelly in his knife trio, I decided my Sunday totes would be another "surf and turf" version; a BB Winchester sowbelly in abalone and an Imperial EO jack in bovine.
That 4-blade sowbelly is outstanding, but the Imperial 2-blade EO swell-end jack with bail is breathtaking! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
(I bought a Winchester Black Box jigged bone sowbelly on the Exchange yesterday. :):cool:)

Morning folks :) Boy, does this thread fly these days?! :eek: Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and that you have an enjoyable Sunday :) I'm carrying these two today, my very first GEC, a kind gift from my dear friend Duncan @Campbellclanman , along with the Hartshead Barlow which seems to be glued to my pocket at the moment ;) :thumbsup:

nxAjlrP.jpg

tKIITMz.jpg
Jack, is your GEC #85 a Forum Knife with cap lifter? Wonderful pair :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:, and I especially like the second photo, but why do all the sheep have red marks on their hindquarters??

I think so too GT. It covers all my cutting needs and more. :) Thanks! By the way, I love your daily quartet.:thumbsup:
-M
I appreciate your saying so. :)

Jeffery Mitchell coffin jack with hakkapela damascus.View attachment 1192956
Astounding knife, Alan! :eek::cool::cool: Coffin jack, damascus blade, faceted bolster, cover material I don't even recognize: I don't have any knives with any of those features, let alone a single knife that has all of them!

This nice little Boker today. Have a great Sunday.:thumbsup:
uGt4ZUR.jpg
Covetable Böker Barlow, Mark!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’m starting off again this morning with my Case 6347. Later in the day I’ll probably change up after I get back home. I hope everyone has a great day! :) :thumbsup:

35674892586_772c60b212_b_d.jpg
That is one fine old stockman, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

These old timers make great EDCs. No worries! - just a couple from a bunch I rotate. I think the shield is from the early 40's? The Barlow possibly earlier. Great snap, half stops & decent centering on both.

View attachment 1193007
Vibrant vintage duo!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Carrying my new Calf Roper and a #43
Ru1XY1Ah.jpg
Congrats on the new GEC stockman, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
And thanks for the size info on that beautiful Junior cattle knife you posted recently. :)

Glorious pic of one of the finest knives out there, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Sunday carry: 1970 Case 6308 Whittler. I've had this one since 1986; it was my first knife purchased to collect.
Charming knife, Dean; I can see why you've kept it for a third of a century! ;):cool::cool:

Didn't want them to scuff each other up-
7oOE8NP.jpg
Dynamic duo; I like that curved Parker Barlow more each time I see it! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you DLT and Case I’m really enjoying this one:)
kwQxbF0.jpg

IMHO, that's the best version of the new Case Barlows! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks Gary! :) The way I look at it is I’m not getting older, I’m getting better! :eek: At what I’ve yet to figure out! :rolleyes:
:D:thumbsup::D

I carry these four every day, regardless of what my rotation schedule dictates:
2019.8.EDC.open.jpg

- GT

Very cool, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I don't remember if I've ever told you this, but when I was growing up on a dairy farm, before we started dehorning all our calves, we used to attach those brass knobs with the short shaft to the tips of the horns of our bull and some of the more aggressive cows. Really cut down on the bloody gashes the meaner stock would sometimes inflict! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT
I don't think that you had ever told me that Gary . I have only actually seen them installed once on a pair of working Oxen . It makes a lot of sense to install them on any pair of long horns that you want to leave on . I learned at a young age that a large animal can put a hurt on you just by moving their head to chase a fly .
Take care my friend .
Harry

Back