What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I think my ex gave me that same cup our last Christmas together :D

I doubt there’s any connection:eek:
:D

Every time I see you post one of your dog chew recovers, I admire your ingenuity and skill, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Did you jig the bone yourself?

- GT
You are very kind, my friend! Yes, my first try at jigging.
I’m trying to decide if I should dye it some more, so the white parts get darkened a bit?
After re-assembly, the pull was so stout, I could barely open it with pliers. Thanks to the forum search function, I found an old @glennbad post in which he divulged the secret of how to reduce the pull.:thumbsup:

View attachment 1192964 View attachment 1192965 Another piece of cow skeleton spared the indignity of becoming a chew toy for someone’s dog.
The pile side took the dye darker for some reason.View attachment 1192966
Another old Electricians Knife that is all the better now because you rescued it . If you did the jigging on the bone covers , you should be giving lessons my friend . That jigging would look great in Red and also in what is now called Autumn Gold .

Take care my friend .
Harry

Another old Electricians Knife that is all the better now because you rescued it . If you did the jigging on the bone covers , you should be giving lessons my friend . That jigging would look great in Red and also in what is now called Autumn Gold .

Take care my friend .
Harry
Thank you so much my friend! I tried to copy the best of my Vooses...

Lot to learn yet, so please don’t look too closely.

4qXELKJ.jpg

Excellent pairing :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack!!! The addition of your EO bullet end jack to your HHB is superb!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Jeffery Mitchell coffin jack with hakkapela damascus.
img_0983-1024x909-jpg.1192956
Your coffin jack is truly amazing Joe; a real stunner!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I’m starting off again this morning with my Case 6347. Later in the day I’ll probably change up after I get back home. I hope everyone has a great day! :) :thumbsup:

35674892586_772c60b212_b_d.jpg
What a beauty of a Case with that real pocket wear; outstanding Ron!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
@JJ - Thank you JJ. Very cool abalone Covers. Always very cool knives.

Thanks Harvey!!! What a perfect seasonal photo of your spectacular Waynorth lamb; lovely!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I've been hanging around BF for more than 5 years, but I don't think I'm familiar with the maker of that nice Barlow. :confused:
At some point, I spent time trying to decide which model SAK would be best for me, and I decided that the Fieldmaster was optimal. :cool::cool::thumbsup: Surprisingly, I still haven't picked one up (but I do have an almost-identical Huntsman, with corkscrew instead of Phillips driver.) :rolleyes:
Thanks Gary!!! I agree that this "mid sized" SAK is an optimal mix of tools and pocket usage! The Christopher Johnson (CJ) company probably reached its zenith in the early 20th century (they closed in '52 or so); I saw a cool old silent film showing off their production around WWI and that started my hunt!:rolleyes:
That 4-blade sowbelly is outstanding, but the Imperial 2-blade EO swell-end jack with bail is breathtaking! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
(I bought a Winchester Black Box jigged bone sowbelly on the Exchange yesterday. :):cool:)
Thanks again Gary!!! Great to have a weekly peek at your Quartet; I have a Trio that is with me every day, (in my car.) Congratulations on your BB sowbelly acquisition; I'm sure you will be "over the moon!":thumbsup::thumbsup::eek:

This HHB was a gift from our friend @Jack Black a mighty fine Gentleman. :thumbsup::cool:
View attachment 1192962
A well deserved win Dave.:thumbsup: Glad it finally made it to you! Thanks to @Jack Black for his never ending generosity.

View attachment 1192967

I am enjoying a cup of coffee on this beautiful Sunday morning while admiring Charlie’s Lambsfoot knife. The Ebony could not be more black or more buttery smooth. Well done Charlie and GEC! Have a blessed day everyone.

That is a great looking Boker Mark. Ramrodmb Ramrodmb You do not see nice ones like that very often.
Thanks a lot Greg! A kind gift from a generous member here and a favorite of mine.:thumbsup:
Beautiful Ebony you're showing and hope you had a great day as well.:thumbsup:

An oldie, carried and used a lot.
Nice swedge and bone, and lowered blades.

Handsome knife Ramrodmb :thumbsup:
Nailed it!;) Someone liked this knife and used it quite a lot but also took good care of it. The main blade has lost a little length as well from sharpening but still a solid user with many miles left. Thanks for the compliment.:thumbsup:

Very nice indeed Alan :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Dave, it's nice to see it there with you my friend :) :thumbsup:

Great-looking knife Mark :) :thumbsup:

Nice pic :) :thumbsup:

Hope you had a fine day Ron :) I am glad you were able to spend some time with Duncan the other year, such a great guy :) Thank you my friend, that's very generous of you :thumbsup:

Classy - as always - Gary :) :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot Jack. Your kind words always appreciated!:thumbsup:

@JJ - Thank you JJ. Very cool abalone Covers. Always very cool knives.

5B505A86-6652-44A8-B8FC-41EC93D14703_zpsz598vk1c.jpeg
Love that shot Harvey!:thumbsup: Just beautiful!

Sampled the video in 3 random spots for about a minute each; gonna have to listen to that later! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Very cool, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I don't remember if I've ever told you this, but when I was growing up on a dairy farm, before we started dehorning all our calves, we used to attach those brass knobs with the short shaft to the tips of the horns of our bull and some of the more aggressive cows. Really cut down on the bloody gashes the meaner stock would sometimes inflict! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stuart, those doves don't have a chance against you! ;):eek: With your ear plugs, they can't even count on your hearing their pleas for mercy! :rolleyes:

You're too kind, Harvey! :)

Thanks, JJ. :)

That 4-blade sowbelly is outstanding, but the Imperial 2-blade EO swell-end jack with bail is breathtaking! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
(I bought a Winchester Black Box jigged bone sowbelly on the Exchange yesterday. :):cool:)

Jack, is your GEC #85 a Forum Knife with cap lifter? Wonderful pair :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:, and I especially like the second photo, but why do all the sheep have red marks on their hindquarters??

I appreciate your saying so. :)

Astounding knife, Alan! :eek::cool::cool: Coffin jack, damascus blade, faceted bolster, cover material I don't even recognize: I don't have any knives with any of those features, let alone a single knife that has all of them!

Covetable Böker Barlow, Mark!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That is one fine old stockman, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Vibrant vintage duo!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Congrats on the new GEC stockman, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
And thanks for the size info on that beautiful Junior cattle knife you posted recently. :)

Glorious pic of one of the finest knives out there, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Charming knife, Dean; I can see why you've kept it for a third of a century! ;):cool::cool:

Dynamic duo; I like that curved Parker Barlow more each time I see it! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

IMHO, that's the best version of the new Case Barlows! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

:D:thumbsup::D

I carry these four every day, regardless of what my rotation schedule dictates:
View attachment 1193433

- GT
Thanks much Gary!:thumbsup: Your 4 regulars are certainly capable of getting things done!:thumbsup::cool:

Cool dye jobs on the white bone sowbelly and the "tailgate" mini trapper! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Willing to share a brief description of your procedure?

- GT[/QUOTE]

Thanks GT. For the white bone sowbelly I simmered it in an inch of heated water on the stove for 15 minutes and then submerged it in a weak Rit dye solution for less than 1 minute before removing and wiping down. The dye solution was roughly 1 oz. lemon yellow, 1/2 teaspoon dark brown and 14 oz. boiling water.

Back