What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I've been busy with putting on an induction dinner for our local sports hall of fame (whew, it's over with) and have been remiss in attendance here. Yesterday, my son and I went dove hunting for the first time in about 4 years, so I was totin' the same old gear, late getting home, fixing a drink and cleaning doves until the wee hours.

rExtUMO.jpg

Today, I'm back to packin' a Parker.

FtF1YAs.jpg

QKDzIxG.jpg

PrxpF1Q.jpg

- Stuart

Stuart, it’s good to see a Rem 1100 with a wood stock. Seems this day and age you hardly see them getting used.

It’s raining and absolutely cruddy in the Pacific NW today so I figured this Victorinox would be. A good choice.

E6-CFF586-53-A9-4-E32-9898-80-BB3-D398988.jpg

Excellent pairing Ron :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend, and that you enjoy your Sunday :) Rather lazily, I have just stuffed these two in my pockets again ;) :thumbsup:

zpkVKC5.jpg

DY1qm0I.jpg
Thanks Jack! Same back at you buddy! :) :thumbsup:

The peaches are canned and ready for winter.:)
View attachment 1196681
Beautiful peaches Dave! :thumbsup: Those will be so wonderful during the dead of winter! Beautiful HHB my friend! :thumbsup: :)

More or less do what you really want to and know you should, more of less everyday; and carry something inspirational while you do it to remind you to live with a wild sense of urgency and joy.

23404937029_c8d4b38d43_b.jpg

Hibbard Spenser & Bartlett - OVB - Crown Jack
Courage Acceptance Peace - CAP
Purely inspirational my friend! :thumbsup: :)

I've been busy with putting on an induction dinner for our local sports hall of fame (whew, it's over with) and have been remiss in attendance here. Yesterday, my son and I went dove hunting for the first time in about 4 years, so I was totin' the same old gear, late getting home, fixing a drink and cleaning doves until the wee hours.

rExtUMO.jpg

Today, I'm back to packin' a Parker.

FtF1YAs.jpg

QKDzIxG.jpg

PrxpF1Q.jpg

- Stuart
I’m loving it all Stuart! :thumbsup: The 1100, the knives and the quality time with your son! It doesn’t get much better my friend! :thumbsup: :cool:

Welcome to you and your #38 Grinling! :thumbsup: :)

I’m sitting here watching the Titans and the Colts. So, I’m not really totin in the truest sense of the term. I’ve got a Gem watching the game with me. If I’m not careful I’ll be spending more time looking at this beautiful knife than the screen! ;) I hope y’all have a blessed Sunday! :thumbsup: :D

32817829904_60406537fa_b_d.jpg

The sports go over my head I'm afraid Ron:D But I know a Gem when I see one, etch or no etch ;) Fact is, there is no dud in the 38 range, always a more than cool pattern and the Farmer's Jack is a big favourite of mine. We have @wlfryjr to thank for this:cool:

Regards, Will

The sports go over my head I'm afraid Ron:D But I know a Gem when I see one, etch or no etch ;) Fact is, there is no dud in the 38 range, always a more than cool pattern and the Farmer's Jack is a big favourite of mine. We have @wlfryjr to thank for this:cool:

Regards, Will
I totally agree Will! :thumbsup: The #38 Farmer’s Jack in all their varieties, IMHO, are very significant knives from Great Eastern Cutlery! Definitely the influence of Lyle @wlfryjr and Charlie @waynorth played a significant role in their production! :)

Last year's Forum Knife was also a gem, great steel, interesting blade arrangement and very reasonable cost, very keen on mine anyway.:thumbsup:

This 78 just returned from GEC. They fixed some looseness in the pivot that was caused by the user error. I thought it was cool that they returned a broken knife in better than new condition.
AjlNZy6.jpg
That is excellent service. Great looking 78 too.

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Found this at a fairly cheap price on the Bay. Was not all that well cared for but with a tiny bit of TLC and a touch of dye on the scales the real beauty of this knife came out and makes it one of my best. Polishing paste removed scuffs from bolsters and the F&F is superb. This is right up there with my #77 Barlow and my Washington Jack. I'll be totin' this for a while.
IMG_1650.JPG

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

I’m guessing made by Schrade? Great looking knife, and I’ve heard it said that Schrade did the best job on jigged delrin.:thumbsup:
Fantastic!

Thank you, Ron :thumbsup: Tomatoes are next :D
View attachment 1196893

Me too~ round two on canning ‘maters.
I have been gardening since I was a teen, and have never had a better year for tomatoes. Having a horse stable 1/2 mile away is a beautiful thing!

@JJ Cahill - Thank you JJ. Wonderful pair of Swiss Slicers.:thumbsup:

@Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Never ever tire seeing your HH Barlow.:):thumbsup:

dc50 dc50 Your HH Barlow image is peachy keen, Dave.

@Ramrodmb - Two splendid images, Mark. The top one is sublime.

@JohnDF- John, your Tidioute Image is texturific.

@Gevonovich - What a lovely arrangement. Wonderful words to live by, too.

joeradza joeradza - Alan, I do believe that I’ve never seen one of your knives, that was less than a work of art. The same goes for your images.

@Cutfinger - Long ago, I once fronted a band, sang and played blues harmonicas, yet never saw one dissected. Beautiful image.

@Duckdog - Gorgeous Parker, Stuart.

sunknife sunknife - Those beaded pouches brought back fond memories of family car trips out west and beaded belts, not to mention later 60s flower child apparel.

Back