What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Had to take a second shot with something for size reference. First picture my medium sized hand looked enormous!

swzFPCa.jpg

A fine pair of Barlows, GT. :cool: :thumbsup:
Gary thanks as usual for the compliments my friend! :) Very nice Barlow’s my friend! :thumbsup:
5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Two Barlows beautifully exhibited.
Thanks pal, the #44 was a gift from Duncan @Campbellclanman when he visited me earlier this year :) Great-looking pair of Barlows there :thumbsup:
Superb pair of Barlows, Gary.;):thumbsup:
That you, Gary! That is a beguiling brace of Barlows you are bearing!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
John, Ron, Harvey, Jack, José, Dean: Thanks for being boosters of my Barlows. :)

Man, I came close to seriously bidding on a Blue Grass barlow a year or so ago, but it seemed like a few guys wanted it real bad, and I shuffled off in shame. You've got a lovely example of the breed! And good job on hand selecting the new Case. I like it.
Thank you Gary!!! I really like how bone covered knives all have their own unique character.;) Those are the only Wengers that I have and I certainly hope to run across more; Wenger was in a French Canton of Switzerland while Victorinox is in a German Canton; I really like both companies!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

I'm very impressed with the Case CV and yours is gorgeous; the older Blue Grass is super cool too!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for the info/opinions about Wenger/Victorinox, Jeff & JJ, and for the Barlow backing. :)
I wish I knew where my Blue Grass Barlow came from. It has synthetic covers and the main blade has severe recurve from inexpert sharpening. It was in my window repair bucket for decades before I "rescued" it. It was probably in my wife's stuff when we got married, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks Gary, I admire not only your carries but the detailed method in which you choose;):thumbsup: Love both your Barlow's, I just rec'd a CASE like yours and it's an exceptional knife:thumbsup:
Today's carry for me.
DyNXAp.jpg
Thanks, Paul. :) Fantastic 2-blade ebony TC, and after reading its history in Charlie's Birthday thread, I'm even more impressed with what a memorable knife it is for you! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

After rummaging around I came across a Case 6347 stockman I bought 30 years ago. I decided to pair it with a GEC 44, for Tuesday's totes.:D
The brass/bone combination on those 44s is splendid! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: What does the "HP" signify on the tang stamp of the Case stockman?

Morning folks, got these two in my pockets today :) :thumbsup:

qwPOpNV.jpg

SoozQMm.jpg
Admirable pair, Jack; lotta blade to work with in that Winchester! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Today in my pocket.;):thumbsup:

Excellent stag HHB, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rosewood Lambsfoot for me today...
Resplendent rosewood, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I’ve got these two along this morning! Hope y’all have a great day! :D

48220200562_a1967abcf7_b_d.jpg
Lambsfoot couple of the year, Ron! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs ~ Thanks, Gary. You’re very kind. Yes, absolutely. I did practice jigging on scrap first! Not so much for any kind of jigging pattern, but mostly to pick the right bit.

Got a couple of old High Carbon brand Craftsman knives today. View attachment 1197948View attachment 1197952
Thanks for the jigging info, Jeff. :)
Captivating couple of Craftsman knives! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Did you get those when you worked at Sears?

I watched the movie, Hugo, last night (the movie is set in 1931); about 5 minutes into the movie a Barlow appeared. So, I decided to carry my own I*XL Barlow today.

Hugo photo

My knife
Wow! Your knife is a movie star, Dean!! ;):cool::cool:

German made Russell today.....

690-DFB0-B-1095-4-B4-C-97-F9-4-FE2-B24-B7-EAA.jpg
That's an incredibly handsome knife! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Happy Two Toothpicks Tuesday to all y'all. This BB Winchester 1924 has been hanging around for the past week or so and even joined me for a cocktail last night. I toted it and the L.L. Bean Fisherman to a local pond to see if it had been re-populated with more than frogs and damsel flies. It hadn't been.

X4GSIlU.jpg

- Stuart
Terrific toothpick twosome, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Victorinox Cadet and Pioneer :)
View attachment 1198061
That's a notable pair, Dave! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'd better start looking for a black Cadet to put with my black Pioneer.

That can got dinosaur DNA hiding in the bottom of it?

Still loving the @glennbad modded 82.
View attachment 1198147
:D:D

- GT

Back