What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

48755999148_2d43efb091_h.jpg

Well it’s Woodsday again and I’m carrying Rosewood! I’ve got my Wright’s Rosewood Bigun Lambsfoot and a dandy Miller Brothers Equal End Jack. Dang, I hope I look this good when I hit the 100 year old mark! :cool: The Miller Brothers Jack was a wonderful gift from my friend Stuart D Duckdog ! I’m always thankful Stuart! :D

48753772766_ce64a96410_b_d.jpg
Very nice Miller Bro’s Ron and an even nicer gesture from Stuart! D Duckdog

Have to skip out on wood today in order to keep scratching my Craftsman itch.View attachment 1198402Today, I’ve got a 9470 Stockman (pretty certain it was made by Ulster), which sports very nice walk ‘n talk and super snaps, a folding hunter on my belt, and a Cam 72 for fun.View attachment 1198403
3 honest working knives right there Jeff! Of course the 72 is my fav.:thumbsup:

Great pic, Alan! I had to carry mine after seeing it. Sometimes my memory needs a jog.
How many stag did they make? 100, 200?
5LYyLOk.jpg
Beautiful Case Bose LB whittlers gentlemen! Love the overall profile of the knife and that swage is killer. I think I may need one!

Halfway through the week! :) I'm carrying these two :thumbsup:
Love that EO! Camillus?

Northfield and a Remington

fMTqJHAh.jpg
The Remington bone is beautiful!!!

Inflection point
The power of the experience
Fear is the thief of dreams
Leaning into it
Nimble
Tenacious
Formidable
Rage to Master
W/ Endurance and Execution

15525339731_d971d04cd2_b.jpg

Molly's Game
If that knife could talk...

It's Wednesday, so why wooden't I tote these two, old and newer: Cattaraugus boy's knife (C.C.C. Little Valley, N.Y. stamp, 1886-1963, 2 5/8") in ebony and a Case fishtail lockback (P1051 1/2 L SSP, 1986, 3 3/4") in Pakkawood.

aT108Kj.jpg

yiGAasY.jpg

Arrrgh, to all y'all!
- Stuart
That little Catt boy’s knife is the epitome of a traditional pocket knife to me, so very nice Stuart!

Carrying these today since there will not be any need for Knife Work to be done , even though I know that these are 2 pretty capable knives . Especially the Pickle Knife . GEC and Taylors Eye Witness

Harry
Really cool stepped bolsters on the TEW! Very nice pearl too.

Maher & Grosh "Texas Ranger" in DARK ebony arrived today:thumbsup:
C4SZBp.jpg

K8dYEg.jpg
Congrats on that beauty Paul! The M&G is my favorite of that run.

Apologies for stringing this thread out, but I'm about caught up in my admiration for the recent posts.

Lovely lambfoot and black licorice, Havey.

You have a nice pair there, José.

The Miller looks happy in better company, Ron. Thank you, pal.

A hearty crew with you, Jeff.

Whew!!!

Lovely, Jack.

Radiant Remington, Steve (your previous posts were boffo, too).

Are those moth wing covers, Harvey?

You have a gorgeous time capsule there, Gev. Excellent exemplar!!

A pirate's treasure, Jack.

Thats mighty tight "working space:, David, but you,are well equipped.

You set the bar, Charlie, as many of the posts herein are of your inspirations. A belated Happy Birthday to you with wishes for many, many more happy ones.

Terrific toothpick twosome, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, GT. I find fine toothpicks to be too toothsome to turn down.

I'm swayed by your tote, Trav.

Ouch!!

- Stuart

Carrying these today since there will not be any need for Knife Work to be done , even though I know that these are 2 pretty capable knives . Especially the Pickle Knife . GEC and Taylors Eye Witness

Harry

Lots of beautiful knives in the last several pages of this thread, and the real stand out for me is your Taylor's Eye Witness. :thumbsup: I'm so impressed by that knife Harry, what a looker! :)

I saw a video once of a Taylor's Eye Witness cutler: hafting, assembling with pins, knocking together and finishing one of those (plainer bolsters maybe), explaining what he was doing as he went along.

Michael

You’re correct in that it is indeed a 33OT,
but that notch is how it came from the factory. I bought it at a hardware store back in the ‘70s. It, and a 293Y Schrade Trapper were my only two pocket knives for a couple of decades. Constant companions.
At about 3 3/16, it’s a tad small but thick enough for a sure grip. Same frame as their #1 seller of all time, the 34OT Medium Stockman, I believe.

I like this knife, in fact I just bought a Schrade 233 jack on the bay- same basically, but with their older brown jigged delrin. Should be here in a few days.
Nice Stockman you’re totin today!

Edit: Nice Camillus jack, not stockman! Beautifully shaped clip main. Did you cut the notch, or was it stock?

I look forward to seeing your 233 jack. Im surprised I never noticed the notch on the 33OTs.
There's no notch on my Schrade 580SC 3 7/8" serpentine jack/Texas jack.

The notch on my Camillus #18 is home made, to accommodate my dropping the pen into the well so its tip is not a hazard. Yeah, that's some clip on that one eh, I love it.

Michael

Last edited:
Well it’s Woodsday again and I’m carrying Rosewood! I’ve got my Wright’s Rosewood Bigun Lambsfoot and a dandy Miller Brothers Equal End Jack. Dang, I hope I look this good when I hit the 100 year old mark! :cool: The Miller Brothers Jack was a wonderful gift from my friend Stuart D Duckdog ! I’m always thankful Stuart! :D

48753772766_ce64a96410_b_d.jpg
A wonderful wood covered pair Ron; your 100 year old Miller Bros is amazing!:thumbsup::thumbsup::eek:
Another beautiful fall day. :)
img_1742-jpg.1198458
Lovely Fall image of your handsome HHB Dave!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Today’s double carry.
29babf75-6e36-4015-85d6-922072257695-jpeg.1198514

85DC4B74-7BCF-4487-ADA9-1120064A2F68_zpsonzi0evc.jpeg
Two more outstanding images Harvey; the covers on your Northwoods are spectacular!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
15525339731_d971d04cd2_b.jpg

Molly's Game
Beautiful shot of your enchanting Cattaraugus Gev; Hard to beat an "old Catt!":thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Very cool companion to your venerable HHB Jack; I can't decide if it's a French or Spanish beauty?!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
It's Wednesday, so why wooden't I tote these two, old and newer: Cattaraugus boy's knife (C.C.C. Little Valley, N.Y. stamp, 1886-1963, 2 5/8") in ebony and a Case fishtail lockback (P1051 1/2 L SSP, 1986, 3 3/4") in Pakkawood.

aT108Kj.jpg
Great pair Stuart; the old CCC Catt is awesome and the unique skinner blade on your Case has quite the acute point!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
The brass/bone combination on those 44s is splendid! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: What does the "HP" signify on the tang stamp of the Case stockman?
Thank you Gary!!! The "H" is for sheepfoot and the "P" is for spey; Case used the second letter of a blade name as "secondary blade" identifier, sometimes.:)
Bailed non-SAK of the Week: Imperial BSA (thanks, Paul)
imp-bsa-mark-open-jpg.1198831
Outstanding trio Gary; your BSA Imperial is in spectacular condition!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back