What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Hope y’all have a great day! :thumbsup: :)

41654649125_9c3a6e1de7_o_d.jpg

Thank, r8shell. I thought thought that you might have some affinity for that broken, but unyielding old knife. I thought of your clan when I found it.
:cool::thumbsup: Some of my favorite old knives have a broken blade.
I've found a few that are otherwise in perfect shape. My theory is that after breaking a blade, the owner got mad and threw the knife back in a drawer, thus saving the other blades from the dreaded grinder. But your little Boker looks like the owner knew what he was doing, sharpening-wise, so the breakage happened much later by a careless grandchild.
Great-looking GSA knife Rachel, glad you have one :)
Thanks! I was only a Girl Scout for one day, I quit after getting my knife! :p Gone missing for years until a surprise gift from @Jsega51 of a replacement. :D

I'm glad you're getting some use out of it. The other day I went to open a can of olives and realized my can opener was all rusty and cruddy (it's hard to clean under the little wheel thingy) so I just started using the can opener on my GSA knife, so it's living in the kitchen now. :):thumbsup:
J5WOudp.jpg
Our electric can opener looks like it’s reached the expiration date of it’s planned useful lifespan, so I’ve been doing the same. And you know what? I’m getting used to it. Just a simple little manual skill that we’ve been convinced is beneath us. The GSA knife is really close to Seafoam Green, an American auto company color in the fifties. I had always liked it, especially for a guitar.
View attachment 1199339

I get warm all over when I see your TL-29. For some reason it is in my mind that I had one back in my Army days and that's going back to 65-68. I know I had one somewhere along the line, maybe even before that. The mind is a terrible thing to loose. "Of all the things I lost in life, I miss my mind the most."
I can relate, but don’t remember why!

I just got this #233 jack. I like this era of Schrade jugged delrin.
It had never been sharpened after leaving the factory~ until I got it.
View attachment 1199340
I thought it deserved to ride with a trapper from the same era, even though this one is a parts knife I cobbled together from two~ one with a full blade but broken spring, and one with a broken blade,
View attachment 1199341

Back