What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Barlow and a Camillus Cattle knife.

orQGgElh.jpg

v31RsDLh.jpg
Are there 3 or 4 blades hiding under that incredible bone?

So I just got a pm stating I have to leave pockets clips off this thread and my pictures we’re deleted .
Really WTF lol .
Received From Anonymous Mod ...

I've been out of the loop for a bit here on the Porch, but you can bet that I've still had a (traditional) knife in my pocket every day! :D Been carrying this one a lot lately.

L3Svj2K.jpg

g2qeAKX.jpg

That's a great knife and it is also great to see you post again, Barrett!

The Sutra

32652417830_1329bb2368_b.jpg

To the Bee
It matters not the pedigree
I am who I i am
and that is that
I am who you are
looking back

Be-U-tee-ful, Gev!

Never heard of it or knew of and is absolutely Ridiculous.

3600 posts in the Traditional Forum and you haven't read the guidelines yet?
Below is the the verbiage as it relates to pocket clips. You might want to read through the rest of the guidelines. You also might want to clean up your less than civil remarks.
Modern locking mechanisms such as Walker liner locks, pocket clips, holes / studs to allow one hand opening are all out. (Traditional liner locks, such as the lock on a TL29, are in.) Add a clip to a stockman, and it needs to be posted elsewhere. By the same token, if it is traditional except for a clip and you remove the clip, feel free to post it here.
cc: @knarfeng

3600 posts in the Traditional Forum and you haven't read the guidelines yet?
Below is the the verbiage as it relates to pocket clips. You might want to read through the rest of the guidelines. You also might want to clean up your less than civil remarks.

Don’t think I’m cut out for this traditional side of Forum . Thanks for the confirmation on both accounts .
Take care and have a nice day

Peregrin Peregrin

Gary, since Gus and I turned over the forum to you and Frank a few years back, the conn is yours.

Please feel free to amend any of the old strictures as you both see fit. We were feeling our way along back in years past and trying to keep some semblance of order so that the Traditional Forum wouldn't be overwhelmed from the outside.

No doubt things may have changed in the intervening years so I would hate for my guidelines from back then to hold back any necessary amendments. (I will not feel the least bit put out. I'm glad to have been able to contribute during the many years I was active on the forum.)

Peregrin Peregrin

Gary, since Gus and I turned over the forum to you and Frank a few years back, the conn is yours.

Please feel free to amend any of the old strictures as you both see fit. We were feeling our way along back in years past and trying to keep some semblance of order so that the Traditional Forum wouldn't be overwhelmed from the outside.

No doubt things may have changed in the intervening years so I would hate for my guidelines from back then to hold back any necessary amendments. (I will not feel the least bit put out. I'm glad to have been able to contribute during the many years I was active on the forum.)
I appreciate the post Elliott. That might be a discussion worth having at some point. Until then the guidelines are valid and Frank and I don't have a problem with them.
Thanks for dropping in. Hope all is well.

Don’t think I’m cut out for this traditional side of Forum . Thanks for the confirmation on both accounts .
Take care and have a nice day

Stick around, I like the photos of the knives you post :thumbsup: I picked up a new Victorinox US Soldier knife and posted it. Photo got removed because of the hole that makes it a one handed opener. I was bummed, but I also get it, just forgot about the rules.

Stick around, I like the photos of the knives you post :thumbsup: I picked up a new Victorinox US Soldier knife and posted it. Photo got removed because of the hole that makes it a one handed opener. I was bummed, but I also get it, just forgot about the rules.
Thanks for the kinds words :)
To many rules here and I’m not enjoying this side of the forum any longer .
I’ll be on the general side of the forum we’re all knives are loved and it’s much more relaxed with a much better “essence”
Thanks again :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I appreciate the post Elliott. That might be a discussion worth having at some point. Until then the guidelines are valid and Frank and I don't have a problem with them.
Thanks for dropping in. Hope all is well.

Glad you don’t have a problem with them. Hope you enjoy them to there fullest !
After all thats what really matters is what you and Frank think :rolleyes: Not forum members .

Back