What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I have fallen pretty hard for this one.
jSNmcEm.jpg

tpk8j8i.jpg

Last edited:
Sowbelly Stockman of the Week is a Colt "black stag" (stag bone) sowbelly:
sowbelly.mark.closed.deck.jpg

Regular Stockman of the Week is a big Rough Rider with bottle opener (thanks, Barrett):
stock.4blade.pile.open.jpg

"Plain" Canoe of the Week is a Colt black smooth bone model (thanks, Mark):
blkbone.mark.closed.jpg

"Fancy" Canoe of the Week is a Colt stag canoe:
stag.canoe.mark.open.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
Schrade 233 JackView attachment 1208565I put the Wenger Handyman which I’ve been carrying for months, aside in favor of the lighter and slimmer Canyon.
View attachment 1208566 Have a restful Sunday...
Appealing pair, Jeff!

Lost the last week here on Blade Forums pretty much, very busy for us last four months and especially the last week with lots of running back and forth: After 13 months we FINALLY sold our former home .... I also bought myself a new truck - my fourth truck over the last 45 years, but the first new truck I've ever owned! ... I placed two knives in it to be truck knives - a Case Hammerhead and a Case 6318. Looking forward to being back here on Blade Forum on a daily basis. OH
Congrats on selling the old house and on buying the new truck! Big-league truck knives!

Captivating canoe, Travman Travman !

Dynamite duo, Taylor!

Thank you, GT. :)
That was most enjoyable. They do excellent presentations and they're so entertaining. I shared it with my kids too. :cool: :thumbsup:
Glad you liked it, John. I first saw it on ESPN Sports Center. They had it sped up with no audio; that made the "animation" pretty smooth - cool!

Thank you, GT! That's a mighty handsome stockman you've got there. I love that California Clip main.
Thank you, Gary! Celluloid is a problematic cover for knives. I had a relatively new celluloid knife made my Camillus and cared for it very well. I kept is separate from my other knives which is a great idea. I took it out of the box and paper one day and it was outgassing and rusting the carbon steel blades. I ended up throwing it away. Beautiful, but dangerous!

As usual, Gary, I cannot take my eyes off that RR stg stockman. Stupendous knife. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Shawn & Dean. That style of stockman with the slender clip, low-riding sheepsfoot, round bolsters, and almost-sunk joints is my favorite - such a smooth profile!
Dean, sorry to hear your sad celluloid story; I guess most people who have much experience with the stuff have a horror story to share!

Thank you, GT :thumbsup::D are your leaves turning color as well?
Pretty green here, Dave. Some maples are starting to turn, and a hickory here and there, and I've seen lots of cottonwood leaves on the ground (although I don't see the trees??). No frost yet either. Probably 2-3 weeks before full color here.

Sunday carry is my Case chestnut bone CV teardrop.
Exquisite!

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you G.T. The Lambsfoot is Venture-H.M. Slater. The pizza is from Lou Malnati’s. Your Senators always gets my vote.:)
Thanks for the ID info, Harvey. I think the first time I visited the Chicago area with college friends who lived there decades ago, they took us to a Lou Malnati's downtown.

Waynorth Lambfoot and a favorite Vintage KA-BAR Jack of mine. The KA-BAR (circa 1950-1970) has been worked at one time (shortened blade) but done well. I added the access nick to allow ease of use for the pen blade....
Flawless, Paul!

Canadian Split Pea Soup for dinner :D the Ebony Lambsfoot is a 2018 SFO
View attachment 1209048
Grand (and risky) ebony, Dave, and that soup looks like a gustatory delight!

Doubling up on the 62 easy pocket congress today.
High-class pair!

Oktoberfest was fun, thanks. All the beers I tried were great. Didn't end up doing the chicken dance, though! (There were lots of Astros fans there, by the way.)
Sounds like an ideal outing, Vince!

Glad to see the Carhartt getting out and about. :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks, John; enjoyable knife!

It's quite a diverse and beautiful region of France;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks Gary; the Bulldog certainly has plenty of sharp edges:eek: Thanks again!!! The stampings are known as hallmarks and are, as you thought, the maker's mark and the "1" refers to 1981; typically I've seen these stamps on silverware and other precious metals, kinda cool!:cool:
Thanks for the "hallmark" info, JJ.

For the start of the week i'm toting two pre WWII favorites; a Robeson electrician and a Cattaraugus Whit-L-Craft.:)
Jaw-dropping!

I’ve got a trip to the dentist this morning. :( That means totin my Rosewood Hartshead Barlow SFO will be the highlight of my morning! :):thumbsup:
That HHB is a knockout, Ron! Glad to hear that the dentist trip turned out well.

Whoa! That Craftsman is a looker!

Good Modded Micarta Monday!
If one is good, two is better.
Majestic pair, Jeff!

Blue Monday...
Rc5wZ90.jpg
Noteworthy canittler, Todd!

Are you implying that correlation does not imply causation? ;) A cold front is finally expected this week, and I'll keep carrying these just in case...
Opulent trio, Rachel! I reported your question to my intro stats class. They were impressed, or horrified, that such topics come up in casual conversation.

I'm carrying my Case Stockman again today; this one is really growing on me.
Phenomenal example, Dean!

Sorry I took so long to respond. You're right, very different, not just like another country, almost like another world. ...
Glad that you have such quality first impressions of your new town!

I've got a pretty full loadout today. FF Esquire (Thanks Phillip!), a Glennbad modded Craftsman Barlow (Thanks Glenn!) and of course, my Peanut.

IMG-20191007-123311-2.jpg
Cool "traffic light trio" (red/yellow/green), Shawn! The Barlow and Peanut are ravishing!

Rootin' Tootin'
I just got this fun little knife in the mail. It's a small Hammer Brand made in the 50s. ...
Superb steel on that old knife, I'll bet!

Thrilling!

Todays totes are a pair of Cases; a stockman and a Barlow.:)
Useful pair!

I started off my day with my new Robert Herder Breakfast Knife in carbon and cherry ;)
Then pocketed these two, my 2017 Guardians Lambsfoot SFO, and one of my favourite old penknives, by Harrison Fisher of Sheffield :) Have a good day folks :thumbsup:
Vibrant trio, Jack!

- GT

Back