What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

B0sbLqc.jpg

My first Lambsfoot is still my favorite.

Joe

@DavidV81 , I always like the posts that capture the enjoyment of using a new knife. The 77 Barlows are marvelous - and I don’t consider myself a Barlow person.

In my mind, nothing wrong with carrying a (rare, expensive, nice looking) knife; or choosing to store it unused (to collect, hand down, use someday, resell for profit). Members in this traditional subforum carry one of a kind customs, 1 of 4, 1 of 24, and lots of dime a dozens. It’s great to see a well used TC Barlow; as it is an Opinel, sodbuster, or Swiss Army knife.

There are also some great unused/mint collections. Each according to their own preferences.

My only unused keeper knife (I have a few I’d like to sell) is a duplicate Northwoods Presidential, the user is one of my favorites. Somewhat recent pics below:

BTW, we’d love to see some of the pics.

4B075A3D-B92A-4CC2-A0FF-451C00538503.jpeg 0B552E66-0767-419B-ACF9-F16D5B20DED9.jpeg

Thank you JJ ! Is that bamboo on the barlow..really cool !!!
Thank you Gev!!! Apparently someone hit these covers with lightning!:eek:
Thank you very much JJ, that's a fantastic pair you've picked for today :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack!!!
I love the covers on your wonderful Lamb; quite the stunner!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ.:) Of course two wonderful knives, but that Big Daddy Barlow is special. The show side haft is superb. The figuring is so nice.
Thank you Harvey!!!
Gorgeous image of your stately old Sheffield beauty; a work of art!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I think I've seen that called lightning strike something or other. It does look like Chestnut, Jeff.:thumbsup:
JJ Cahill JJ Cahill - Very cool wood! Do you know if that's done with a laser or natural?
Thank you very much Mark!!! I am fairly sure it's "manmade" lightning; that would be very cool if it were real!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great image Jeff; it looks like a bountiful Fall with your two awesome slicers!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I was going to guess Chestnut, but you may be right. Either way, the laser engraving is :cool: great :cool:.
Thanks!!! I believe you are correct Sir!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
A couple for me in Stag today. The 29 has not left my side since I got it. What a surprise (to me at least)!

rIvrLh4.jpg
Quite an amazing pair of stag covered slicers; outstanding image too Dylan!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Back to my old Taylors Eye Witness Lambfoot
Pretty hard to beat that old Sheffield jigging and steel Harry; what a sensational old soldier!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
That's what I'd call an "All American" outdoorsman knife shot; very cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
A couple for me in Stag today. The 29 has not left my side since I got it. What a surprise (to me at least)!

rIvrLh4.jpg

Those two look nice together Dylan :) :thumbsup:

My sierra bone 29 is sharing a pocket with an ironwood lambsfoot today.
kRnns4q.jpg

Nice pic Rachel :) :thumbsup:

B0sbLqc.jpg

My first Lambsfoot is still my favorite.

Joe

Good to see it Joe :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack!!!

I love the covers on your wonderful Lamb; quite the stunner!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

My two Tuesday totes are a trapper and a toothpick, both in Acrylic; a GEC black gold covered 53 and a BB Winchester covered in gaudy Goldstone reminiscent of the "roaring twenties":)

Thank you JJ, that's another stunning pair you're showing today :) :thumbsup:

After a few days break, Al Warren is back in my pocket.
View attachment 1213658

Definitely a looker :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope your week is shaping up :) I've got these two with me today, my stag Hartshead Barlow and a Case Swayback Jack, kindly gifted to me by Peregrin Peregrin :) :thumbsup:

raOX8Gn.jpg

VWqNixC.jpg

Great image Jeff; it looks like a bountiful Fall with your two awesome slicers!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, JJ!
It was a great year for my garden~other than the beets, kale, and winter squashes, the beds are all cleaned out and getting manured for next year.
These little punkins are volunteers that always come up from the seeds in the compost. Whenever I plant a hybrid variety of squash, you never know what their seeds will produce. Open pollinated varieties will come back true year after year. This year I have acorn, butternut, and spaghetti squash, but did not plant any ~ all volunteers.

Too many knives? Nope:D
View attachment 1213684

Back