What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Cutting-edge on the cutting-board ;)

MSL8cwm.jpg

Dean & Harvey, I have a "soft spot" for faux stag, maybe because my first knife was a Colonial scout knife with black plastic covers molded to have the texture of stag. So your bones tag, stallion, and Bexoid knives look fantastic to me! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words, Harvey & Dean & JJ. I really appreciate the encouragement! :)
Harvey, your triple-rattail stag lambsfoot is sublime! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Great photos of a ravishing knife, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Thanks, Gary!

Already Thursday, and I haven't posted ANY of the knives I'm totin' this week! :eek::rolleyes:
I always have a Big Knife of the Week, usually something around 4" closed. This week, my "official" Big Knife is a Rough Rider Half Hawk:
View attachment 1214642

But several of my other weekly categories happen to be filled by sizable knives this week, a pleasant surprise! :)
International Knife of the Week is a Mercator Black Cat:
View attachment 1214644

Stockman of the Week is a big Chinese Imperial stockman from a set of three (thanks, Mark):
View attachment 1214645

My Miscellaneous knife of the Week is a Marbles Handyman's Helper II:
View attachment 1214649

My Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Marbles 5" leg knife:
View attachment 1214650

- GT

A nice collection of sizable cutlery this week, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Stunning old Ulster jack Stuart; those pre WWII Ulsters are certainly special!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wowza, that's a nice find!

I sure woodn't ;) She's a beauty !!!

Thanks to all y'all.

My Thursday totes are a couple of reissue knives from the eighties; a Winchester toothpick by Queen made in '87 and a NYKCo BSA scout by Schrade made in '85.:)

As much as I love those BB Winchesters, JJ, that Schrade-made scout is pretty special.

I love seeing that lovely well-loved old pale jack, r8shell. Thanks for sharing.

I always have a Big Knife of the Week, usually something around 4" closed. This week, my "official" Big Knife is a Rough Rider Half Hawk:
halfhawk2-mark-open-jpg.1214642

Now, you're talkin', GT!!

f910fa6f-d12c-4618-aed4-6eee30268437-jpeg.1214647
71 Tidiute Farm&Field, and Schrade 94OT

Both are nice, Jeff, and I really like that handsome 94OT. Poor little pumpkin (gourd?) is in sharp company.

Fiddleback Forge Neckmuk and Case Peanut in my pockets today.

Very fine pairing, Shawn, and well portrayed..

Such a wonderful knife in a warm portrait. Nicely done, Harvey.

Made me smile, Ron.

On my hike today, I carried this Case Sheepsfoot in Walnut wood. Also, I had this green Vic Farmer that GT thoughtfully gave to me (Thanks, Gary).

Both are nice, Dean.

- Stuart

Canadian Thanksgiving dinner with family. Rough Rider mini Trapper made short work of the turkey and ham.
The Thanksgiving spread looks delicious, and that buffalo horn and copper mini trapper is certainly something for which to be thankful! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

My totes for the start of the week are a couple large Schatt & Morgan slicers; a large gunstock stock knife and a big daddy Barlow.:)
Cool pair, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::cool: The "art" on the handle of the Barlow looks very Tolkienesque. :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

A lot of what I like in a pocket-knife
I can see why, Will! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is "popcorn" like that unusual on elk antler?

Alan, that's a striking Case shadow pattern! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: What model is that?

Artistic autumnal pics, Jeff, and appealing knives! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Stunning pic of Sköll, John :eek:; the grain is incredible! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Good day folks, I hope all our US members are having a good Columbus Day holiday, and that everyone else's week has got off to a good start. Just this one for me today, my 2017 Guardians Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:
What a distinctive horn handle, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Case mini copperlock and GEC TC Barlow.
Wondrous red/white pairing, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Congrats on the birthday Laguiole, Vince! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Looks like you can use it as a timepiece, too. ;):cool:

Charismatic couple, Steve; that copperhead intrigues me! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Terrific trio of knives! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (And new boots, too?)

A couple for me in Stag today. The 29 has not left my side since I got it. What a surprise (to me at least)!
Your GEC 29 and AC lambsfoot SFO make a superb stag duo, Dylan! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Back to my old Taylors Eye Witness Lambfoot
Harry
Always a thrill to see the TEW lambsfoot, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::cool: (And belated Anniversary wishes!)

In my mind, nothing wrong with carrying a (rare, expensive, nice looking) knife; or choosing to store it unused (to collect, hand down, use someday, resell for profit). Members in this traditional subforum carry one of a kind customs, 1 of 4, 1 of 24, and lots of dime a dozens. It’s great to see a well used TC Barlow; as it is an Opinel, sodbuster, or Swiss Army knife.

There are also some great unused/mint collections. Each according to their own preferences.

My only unused keeper knife (I have a few I’d like to sell) is a duplicate Northwoods Presidential, the user is one of my favorites. Somewhat recent pics below:
View attachment 1213619 View attachment 1213620
You've expressed very articulately some of the things I value on The Porch! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
The Presidential twins are unimpeachable!

My two Tuesday totes are a trapper and a toothpick, both in Acrylic; a GEC black gold covered 53 and a BB Winchester covered in gaudy Goldstone reminiscent of the "roaring twenties":)
Ace acrylics, JJ; that glittering toothpick is a treasure! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Morning folks, hope your week is shaping up :) I've got these two with me today, my stag Hartshead Barlow and a Case Swayback Jack, kindly gifted to me by @Peregrin :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing photos of that pair of classics, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, JJ!
It was a great year for my garden~other than the beets, kale, and winter squashes, the beds are all cleaned out and getting manured for next year.
These little punkins are volunteers that always come up from the seeds in the compost. Whenever I plant a hybrid variety of squash, you never know what their seeds will produce. Open pollinated varieties will come back true year after year. This year I have acorn, butternut, and spaghetti squash, but did not plant any ~ all volunteers.

Too many knives? Nope:D
View attachment 1213684
Interesting that your garden is becoming self-propagating, Jeff! ;):thumbsup::cool: Lots of good steel in your knife trio! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Back