What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

It turned cold and breezy overnight, actually beginning to feel like hunting season, so I'm totin' a large (5.25") folding hunter, Queen model 38 (1950-1955).

nP2OnWH.jpg

Drx9fIU.jpg

UfcKaRP.jpg

- Stuart
Beautiful BIIIIIG Knife my friend . Do you carry that or wear it ???

Harry

H&S, I failed to mention earlier that I like that Buck fixed blade (I use a 119) and I really like that Case 048 Slim Line.

and this, old Challenge Cutlery Co (pre 1932) with Sheepfoot main and pen secondary
7NOsgh.jpg

eMg4vg.jpg

Now, that's a knife!! Thanks for sharing it, Paul. It's all that it needs to be.

This today

Harry

Gorgeous, Harry. Just absolutely gorgeous.

Beautiful BIIIIIG Knife my friend . Do you carry that or wear it ???

Much thanks, Stuart. Beautiful covers on your coke bottled 38 Queen Hunter, Stuart,

Thanks, guys. I bear it, Harry, by totin' it in my pocket (I wear baggy pockety pants).

- Stuart

H&S, I failed to mention earlier that I like that Buck fixed blade (I use a 119) and I really like that Case 048 Slim Line.
The Slimline sure is a nice knife and my favorite for slicing cheddar at lunch. As with all case knives however I wish I could get in amber Jigged and CV, I'm just fine with the as ground stainless though.

The 119 is a great knife, I've not carried mine this year I don't believe because I've acquired a handful of smaller B&T types like this 102 woodsman or the new C&C exclusive 212 I just ordered but I still love the knife.
Love the 119 and have no problems carrying it, but it's a bit large and thick for cardboard at work.
Could and have but quickly decided smaller ones were a better idea, not exactly the safest with lots of people who don't know how to be careful when someone's using a knife, and don't believe me about how sharp I keep mine.
Belt knives are my favorite for utility at work, pry a good belt knife from my cold dead hands but you'll never get a modern one hander in my hands when I need a one handed blade.

Pretty pair of Robesons; that PocketEze pen is especially handsome, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Already Thursday, and I haven't posted ANY of the knives I'm totin' this week! :eek::rolleyes:
I always have a Big Knife of the Week, usually something around 4" closed. This week, my "official" Big Knife is a Rough Rider Half Hawk:
halfhawk2-mark-open-jpg.1214642

But several of my other weekly categories happen to be filled by sizable knives this week, a pleasant surprise! :)
International Knife of the Week is a Mercator Black Cat:
merc-mark-v-raisedbed-jpg.1214644

Stockman of the Week is a big Chinese Imperial stockman from a set of three (thanks, Mark):
stockx3-mark-closed-jpg.1214645

My Miscellaneous knife of the Week is a Marbles Handyman's Helper II:
helper2-pile-open-jpg.1214649

My Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Marbles 5" leg knife:
leg-mark-closed-jpg.1214650
Thank you Gary!!! You certainly did a great job of "catching up" with your marvelous array of interesting cutlery!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
JJ Cahill JJ Cahill - Many Thanks JJ. Such a fine, clean looking pair your 80s toothpick and Scout make.
Thank you kind Sir!!! You continue to create such highly artistic images with your wonderful Sheffield lovelies; awesome!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
As much as I love those BB Winchesters, JJ, that Schrade-made scout is pretty special.
It turned cold and breezy overnight, actually beginning to feel like hunting season, so I'm totin' a large (5.25") folding hunter, Queen model 38 (1950-1955).

nP2OnWH.jpg

Drx9fIU.jpg
Thanks Stuart, I am a bit of a scout fanatic!!!:eek:
Your Queen is quite the beautiful beast; the Winterbottom covers are gorgeous!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Cool pair, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::cool: The "art" on the handle of the Barlow looks very Tolkienesque. :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Thanks again Gary; a form of Brownian motion!!!:rolleyes:
Ace acrylics, JJ; that glittering toothpick is a treasure! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks again Gary; a bit of decadence!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
This, 2018 Bull Nose...
2SAzT3.jpg

STxwCK.jpg

and this, old Challenge Cutlery Co (pre 1932) with Sheepfoot main and pen secondary
7NOsgh.jpg

eMg4vg.jpg
Both amazing slicers Paul but that "golden age" Challenge jack is breathtaking!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

@5K Qs Thanks GT, as far as I know or see..Popcorn is fairly unusual on American Elk yes. Probably depends on where on the antler the slab was cut. Pere David for example, is usually smooth (and quite nice I think) but I've got an example with very deep grooves on both sides, not bad!:cool:

Regards, Will

nP2OnWH.jpg

Drx9fIU.jpg

UfcKaRP.jpg

- Stuart

Nicest WB Bone I've seen, lovely !

This, 2018 Bull Nose...
2SAzT3.jpg

STxwCK.jpg

7NOsgh.jpg

eMg4vg.jpg

Beautiful bone on your Challenge Cutco !

It's been a while since I've carried this one, mainly because it is so special. Yes, it has a PPP on the blade, and only 20 like this were made. It's special because our own Pertinex gifted it to me a few years back. And yep, it made me cry when I say what she sent. Here's to a Friends or #15 Friday!
CiQRud0.jpg

Back