What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I’m carrying two Jacks today. I’ve got a Case Texas Jack with Chestnut Jigged Bone covers and I’ve got a wonderful gift from my friend Stuart @Duckdog. It’s a mint Queen #29 English Jack with Winterbottom covers. We believe these are Delrin, but they are very nicely done. Y’all have a great day! :thumbsup::D

48923931726_644da72129_o_d.jpg

Nice set. You obviously took better care of your Sodbuster than most of us took care of our things when we were 17!

Thank you. The photo doesn't catch some of the scratches on the handles. Also, I put a really bad ding (more of a fold) in the blade the first year I had it and have been slowly trying to correct it. :)

Alox of the Week is a 1986 Soldier:
View attachment 1215618

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Huntsman:
View attachment 1215619

Sowbelly Stockman of the Week is a Rough Rider amber jigged bone sowbelly, my first sowbelly stockman:
View attachment 1215620

Plain Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider Masonic Canoe:
View attachment 1215623

Fancy Canoe of the Week is a red smooth bone S&M canoe (thanks, @peanutsxx):
View attachment 1215631

- GT

Another gorgeous group, Gary! The Vic Soldier is great! :thumbsup:

Iconic Barlow and eye-catching photo, Dean!

A lot of variety in materials, blades, and styles in that pair, Dean! That 2015 Forum knife is a very attractive pattern.

Bailed non-SAK this week is a Colonial advertising scout; I don't remember how it came to me sometime before 1980 :(:
View attachment 1215814

Watch pocket knife this week is a Colonial "wireframe" with clip and bottle opener (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1215816

Peanut-like knife this week is a chestnut jigged bone CV Case Swayback Jack (thanks, Paul):
View attachment 1215818

- GT

Thank you for your kind comments, Gary. Swayback Jack!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice Show and Tell my friend . I did now realize that there was a 27 . Nice photos . Very sorry that you lost a good friend . It looks like you are getting pretty good at changing covers .

Harry
Thanks, buddy. Steve and were inseparable in high school wading all the creeks and rivers for smallmouth, as well as all the usual shenanigans. When I went off to U of I, and then got married and moved to the Ozarks, all that changed, but always considered him a best friend. Last time I saw him was his Dad’s funeral two yrs ago.

Another pair of venerable workers/winners, Jeff! You call them "old girls", and I think of my knives as being male, usually; I wonder why folks differentiations in that regard. (Do you have some knives of each gender?? :rolleyes:)

Watch pocket knife this week is a Colonial "wireframe" with clip and bottle opener (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1215816

Peanut-like knife this week is a chestnut jigged bone CV Case Swayback Jack (thanks, Paul):
View attachment 1215818

- GT
The old girl thing just bubbled up out of the murky depths. Maybe comes from my Navy Dad and Grandpa with his fishing boat teaching that boats are always “she”. Just comes naturally sort of like how you whip out the slide rule out of habit!:D
Sweet and classy Case, GT, and cool old Colonials.

I would bust up the beans one by one with a hammer if I had to rather than go without coffee!
I was thinking the same thing. I'd even chew the beans and chug some hot water if I didn't have a hammer. :D
A couple of Camillus re-hung in elk antler will accompany me to the memorial of an old and very close friend, who passed due to a severe stroke at way too young of an age.
I’ll see you at the smallmouth river, Steve.
My condolences.
I know you like awls/punches, Rachel, but I'm surprised to find you carrying a knife with ONLY a punch! ;)
After 170 years of use, all blades become awls. :):thumbsup:
IHFZKMy.jpg

It’s always good fortune when you acquire a knife from Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley . You’re getting one vastly improved upon. Le Thier by Chambriard, 12.25cm, Peppery smelling Juniper wood and razor steel. Thank you Gary.
B3FB4DB5-CA91-4164-9950-5D99A5BF9FE1_zpsqqi7hlis.jpeg

B495BF99-08FE-493B-BD23-24C036786A34_zpst1mtwbho.jpeg

154CAE21-0A82-4D39-963D-63F7800B0543_zpsithj2omz.jpeg

I have always coveted one and your new specimen is sublime !! Did you get one of his sheaths too ? I think @Peregrin (Gary ) has the works too
Out at the country house. Electric coffee-grinder died out, how to make coffee from beans???:eek: Found a very Traditional Old School method up in the loft...worked a treat:thumbsup::cool:

vipfwsN.jpg
Sounds and looks marvelous, Will !! I smell the coffee

Back