What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Brightening up a gray day.
mtyMatm.jpg

Alox of the Week is a silver Vic Cadet (thanks, Ken):
cadet.silver.mark.closed.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Wenger Esquire (I think it's my only Wenger):
wenger.esquire.b4.jpg

My Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Cannon spearpoint:
spear.mark.Vopen.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Case chestnut jigged bone CV teardrop:
teardrop.mark.open.jpg

- GT

Always great knives and pictures Dylan, calendaresque (gotta be a word);):)

Thank you so much, Paul, much appreciated!

@tongueriver --- It is the GEC #92 Eureka Jack in Antique Goldenrod Camel Bone. Quite a fine knife. Yellow isn't usually my color but I'll make an exception for this one. :D

You've got some "enabler points" due elsewhere on the interwebz...

Swing by and claim them when you have a chance!

JG/Kerberos

Ha! Excellent! I'll swing by soon, nice to put a forum name to... another forum name? ;)

A pair in black for me today.

HtGt7hf.jpg

I got to spend some more time with my buddy Stuart D Duckdog today. We had a feast for lunch at the Vienna Cafe! :thumbsup: We each had two fully loaded chili dogs. They had chopped onions, special made in house chili, cheese and mustard. We also had some shoe string fries. It was a very tasty lunch. About an hour after lunch I told Stuart I didn’t know why we didn’t think to take a photo to show y’all! :eek: Stuart was showing me around some places in the area I haven’t been to before. We drove by the Wolf Trap Park, which any of you music lovers will be familiar with. Next we went to the Great Falls National Park on the Potomac River. Stuart wanted to show me how close they actually are to DC. It’s a historic area and we were lucky to be able to get out between showers. Here’s my Case Texas Jack posing for a photo with part of the falls in the background. All in all a great visit. Thanks for the hospitality Stuart! :thumbsup::) My Texas Jack liked Northern Virginia so much it just decided to stay! ;)

48943420348_864d961812_o_d.jpg

48944092696_40f500fb4b_b_d.jpg

48944092716_c191c542e5_b_d.jpg

48944285537_286117dcbb_o_d.jpg
Looking at those pictures, I’m pretty sure you are on the wrong side of the river. This is the correct side:
:D:rolleyes:

I’m carrying two Jacks today. I’ve got a Case Texas Jack with Chestnut Jigged Bone covers and I’ve got a wonderful gift from my friend Stuart D Duckdog . It’s a mint Queen #29 English Jack with Winterbottom covers. We believe these are Delrin, but they are very nicely done. Y’all have a great day! :thumbsup::D

48923931726_644da72129_o_d.jpg

Carrying these two on a rainy day in our nations capital! My Jigged Bone WCLF and a Sambar Stag Pen knife, the “Mink” by Parker-Frost. The Mink was manufactured 1976-1978 and was a surprise gift from Stuart D Duckdog . Thanks again buddy! :thumbsup::)

I'm glad that you took a liking to the knives, Ron. It was the least that I could do after you helped me sort through the last (?) remaining box of knives from my stepfather's legacy to me to make sure that I didn't miss anything.

I got to spend some more time with my buddy Stuart D Duckdog today. We had a feast for lunch at the Vienna Cafe! :thumbsup: We each had two fully loaded chili dogs. They had chopped onions, special made in house chili, cheese and mustard. We also had some shoe string fries. It was a very tasty lunch. About an hour after lunch I told Stuart I didn’t know why we didn’t think to take a photo to show y’all! :eek: Stuart was showing me around some places in the area I haven’t been to before. We drove by the Wolf Trap Park, which any of you music lovers will be familiar with. Next we went to the Great Falls National Park on the Potomac River. Stuart wanted to show me how close they actually are to DC. It’s a historic area and we were lucky to be able to get out between showers. Here’s my Case Texas Jack posing for a photo with part of the falls in the background. All in all a great visit. Thanks for the hospitality Stuart! :thumbsup::) My Texas Jack liked Northern Virginia so much it just decided to stay! ;)

It was a fine day, despite the overcast skies. The chili cheese dogs from the almost 60 year old Vienna Inn got us off on the right foot, for sure. They have that dish down pat. And thank you for the very generous (and sneaky) gift of the Case Texas jack. It's in my pocket and is my new favorite knife. I did not have one, and he is settling in with his Case cousins and half-brothers very well.

Looking at those pictures, I’m pretty sure you are on the wrong side of the river. This is the correct side:

We saw you standing over on that other side today. :thumbsup: Why didn’t you wave back! :p:D

Tom, you make a good point, there are two beautiful sides to the Potomac. I told Ron about the C&O Canal and towpath, and about Billy Goat Trail and Fletcher's Boathouse (and the rockfish/striper runs). True treasures on t'other side. Oh, as Ron said, we did wave.

Here's some visual proof that I was standing near Ron today, with a Case 6207 dogleg jack from 1940-1964:

vXURrl6.jpg

Go, Nationals!!
- Stuart

I'm glad that you took a liking to the knives, Ron. It was the least that I could do after you helped me sort through the last (?) remaining box of knives from my stepfather's legacy to me to make sure that I didn't miss anything.

It was a fine day, despite the overcast skies. The chili cheese dogs from the almost 60 year old Vienna Inn got us off on the right foot, for sure. They have that dish down pat. And thank you for the very generous (and sneaky) gift of the Case Texas jack. It's in my pocket and is my new favorite knife. I did not have one, and he is settling in with his Case cousins and half-brothers very well.

Tom, you make a good point, there are two beautiful sides to the Potomac. I told Ron about the C&O Canal and towpath, and about Billy Goat Trail and Fletcher's Boathouse (and the rockfish/striper runs). True treasures on t'other side. Oh, as Ron said, we did wave.

Here's some visual proof that I was standing near Ron today, with a Case 6207 dogleg jack from 1940-1964:

vXURrl6.jpg

Go, Nationals!!
- Stuart
Stuart, I’m glad to help you go through your treasure troves of knives. It’s like an educational sort of thing to me. I get to CE and CF some vintage cutlery I would otherwise never get to see. And besides, the company ain’t to bad either! :thumbsup::D

And Stuart, that Ulster ebony has genuine charisma!

That's a whole lotta knife, Stuart! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT, for all of you kind and constant comments. I've been sporadic in my postings and will try to get better in my attendance. Your capable Cadet and handsome Teardrop caught my attention today. All four were worthy for carry, but those two warmed me on a chilly day.
- Stuart

Thanks for the smile :D
That moose sings and as Will noted, the Bull Nose is a good looking worker !
You're very welcome kind Sir, and thank you!
I love the simple elegance of your image; basic beauty!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you for the nice words, JJ. Both Moose and Bull Nose look great. The Bull Nose was my first traditional. Great tool knife. That Linen Micarta has a very smooth feel in hand.
Thank you Harvey; that same pattern was my first single bladed folder in the Case rendition over 50 years ago!!!
Wonderfully tasty photo with the HHB covers richly chocolate like its perch; a sensory overload!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Still with the 212, I think I'm going to to stick with it through the year but that's what I said about the 102 before ordering this bad boy :eek:
I'm not in the market for another belt knife but who knows what I'll find.
It's quite a treat to see such a classic carry; my first fixed blade was a Buck and my knife roots are in your cool image!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm carrying this one today, and I'm plastering this picture everywhere.

48943007642_5c1b691868_b.jpg
Stunning image of your new beauty; the bone covers look fantastic!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! The Mink is one of several knives that Stuart D Duckdog has gifted me. He has the same generous heart that so many others have! :thumbsup:

48944092696_40f500fb4b_b_d.jpg

48944092716_c191c542e5_b_d.jpg

48944285537_286117dcbb_o_d.jpg

Yes indeed my friend, great to see you two fine gents hanging out together, it sounds like you have been having a fantastic time :) Those photos are breathtaking :cool: :thumbsup:

vXURrl6.jpg

Go, Nationals!!
- Stuart

Wonderful Stuart :) :thumbsup:

A pair in black for me today.

HtGt7hf.jpg

I'll join you in that if I may Dylan :thumbsup: Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup:

fAU5ksh.jpg

nqvUaki.jpg

Well well, mister Luso, those are some of the most beautiful places in my country, excellent choices! :thumbsup: If you have time though, you can also go to the East. Logarska dolina is a very nice alpine valley too, the cities of Celje, Ptuj and Maribor have nice old city centres and castles, great wine and pumpkin seed oil. You probably use a lot of olive oil in Portugal, but for salads and cheese, pumpkin seed oil is my favourite.

And some knife content, so the mods won't get angry ... :D This week I'm carrying this "extended" 15.

KZAHFSn.jpg

Many thanks for the suggestions, but in principle we will not have time for more.
For the seasoning I prefer a good olive oil of course.
Nice foto of a good GEC #15.;):thumbsup:

Back