What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Bourbon Apple Cake for Wooden Wednesday.
zadcz9o.jpg
looks delicious !

Glad you and Stuart could meet, Ron! I'm certainly impressed by a stag Churchill and a jigged bone WCLF!
Thanks for the compliment on the knives Gary! When I’m in DC visiting our daughter I always try to work in a visit with Stuart D Duckdog . He’s always more than gracious with his hospitality. Plus it’s really a treat to see his boxes of vintage cutlery! :thumbsup::)

More info on the small knife please Ron :)

P.S. I bet that is I read on I'll find others have asked about that very interesting and beautiful knife...
The small stag knife is a “Mink” by Parker-Frost. They were made between ‘76 and ‘78.

Started the day with a 2013 Barlow, then after I dug out my Duluth Trading Fire hose vest for the Winter I discovered a 2013 green micarta Bull Nose with O1 blade in it's front pocket, a pleasant surprise:thumbsup:
GCUe7L.jpg

X7kgYZ.jpg

Ra5VzX.jpg
A styling vest and a great find!!! great knife :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was recently getting into the habit of totin' a fixed blade, in pocket of on belt, and thought it wood be fun to tote a folder bigger than my fixed blade. Wooden that be nice?

gj1vMk9.jpg

The Case photo-bombing in the foreground is a recent precious remembrance from Half/Stop Half/Stop (Ron is a bit more camera shy than the handsome Case that he left with me.)

BTW, Go, Nats!!
- Stuart

Great threesome you have today Jeff; those will tackle any task!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Two knives on my wish list. Saved your photograph to contemplate :)
Thanks Gev; I'm sure you will find them very pleasing:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
37058216710_9cf120c925_b.jpg

NYKCo & Ulster
I'll be contemplating your two beauties; a tough old Ulster and a sleek sultry NYKCo, wonderful!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm going to be off out early with these two tomorrow :) Have a good day folks :thumbsup:
J6IMBsX.jpg

y9xtXVZ.jpg
Another great pairing Jack; two more from the opposite sides of the "pond," excellent!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thank you JJ. Beautiful Laguiole and Le Thiers.
Two carried. The first was inspired by JJ.
B55063C5-1D3A-48A7-8EC0-79735246A2D9_zpsq2sbn7ci.jpeg

7FF27D17-9FE1-49B8-8391-18E907734272_zpszlmqt4aq.jpeg
Thank you Harvey!!! I can see your 71 has quite some cool character and your lamb has marvelous steel and stag covers, they're da bomb!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
That's just a great shot of your French lovely!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Cool covers on the cattle knife, JJ!
Thank you Gary!!! I didn't forget about your fantastic four from yesterday; just took another peek, awesome choices!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I was recently getting into the habit of totin' a fixed blade, in pocket of on belt, and thought it wood be fun to tote a folder bigger than my fixed blade. Wooden that be nice?
gj1vMk9.jpg
Great choice all around, especially your Buck 110, a legend! Btw, your Nats just keep charging, pretty amazing!:thumbsup::thumbsup::eek:

Back