What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

One of my favorite knives and photos for today.

WqzcaEa.jpg

Thank you, Gary! The background is our new doormat in the garage. ;):eek:
A triumphant trio of SAK, Gary. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the info and the compliment, Dean. :) My two best guesses for the background of your Buck were a bowlful of green sprinkles, or something like Astroturf; the second is apparently closer to the truth! :rolleyes:

Econo Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider Zombie Nick canoe:
canoe.zombie.mark.mainopen.jpg

Premium Canoe of the Week is a Case Rough Black canoe (thanks, Alan):
GFcanoe.mark.closed.jpg

Sowbelly Stockman of the Week is a Case CV chestnut jigged bone sowbelly (thanks, Ron):
sow.fords.jpg

Stockman of the Week is a Buck 373 (thanks, Randy):
371.mark.closed.brick.jpg

- GT

Thanks for the info and the compliment, Dean. :) My two best guesses for the background of your Buck were a bowlful of green sprinkles, or something like Astroturf; the second is apparently closer to the truth! :rolleyes:

View attachment 1230981

View attachment 1230975

Sowbelly Stockman of the Week is a Case CV chestnut jigged bone sowbelly (thanks, Ron):
View attachment 1230982

View attachment 1230989

- GT

I also thought of Astroturf, too; but my wife is the one that picked it. :) Zombie Nick? Never heard of him. That's a great photo of your Chestnut sowbelly stockman; I like your waterside photos. :thumbsup:

Quite an outstanding tribute and lineage Stuart!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

You have a beautiful and inspiring family legacy of service to the nation, my friend. I spoke to my Dad last night, who served as a cold war officer on a USN destroyer. Like you, he is not given to elevate his own service, but also like you, he put himself out there. Kudos!

Nice Kabar, Stuart. You and I were in the Army at the same time; if we crossed paths, I would have saluted you. :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys. Dean, I would have been proud to cross paths with you back then and would have proudly returned your salute.

non-Alox SAK of the Week is Pocket Pal

That's a handy and handsome choice, GT.

A Trapper and a Toothpick for my two Tuesday totes; a GEC made Schrade "Jumbo" trapper and a Queen made Winchester toothpick.:)

Both are very nice, JJ, though I'm partial to the BB Winchesters from Queen. What a run!

Morning folks, thought I'd treat myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day ;) :thumbsup:

They make a pleasing pair, Jack.

This 293Y Trapper has taken on a great satiny sheen from all those years when it was one of my only two pocket knives.
Bought new in the mid ‘70s.

What a wonderful worker that trapper is, Jeff. I'm not sure that I remember seeing it before, so thanks for sharing it.

Utica Kutmaster today

Brilliant selection and photo, Steve. Brightened my day!

Stuart, you always show such interesting celluloid. The swell center's cell pattern is completely new to me . . . and terrific!

Thanks, Jeff. The swell center whittler is by Golden Rule Cutlery Co. (1911-1921), but i know nothing about that mesmerizing celluloid cover construction.

One of my favorite knives and photos for today.

WqzcaEa.jpg

And a fine photo, too, Jeff.

Premium Canoe of the Week is a Case Rough Black canoe (thanks, Alan)

Sowbelly Stockman of the Week is a Case CV chestnut jigged bone sowbelly (thanks, Ron)

All four are worthy carries, GT, but the Case canoe and sowbelly are pretty special in my book.

Tuesday calls for 2 TEW's Lambfoots to be carried today . Both of them are older than I am .

Well done, Harry. Very well done.

- Stuart

Thank you JJ, the military clasp knife is from WW1. Nice knives my friend, that's a great-looking Trapper :thumbsup:

Morning folks, thought I'd treat myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day ;) :thumbsup:

0V8f8M8.jpg

H14Lft6.jpg
Thank you Jack; I thought your clasp looked military based on the cool copper/bronze bale, excellent!!! Your certainly have two mighty fine lambs today; a phenomenal pair!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Frozen in Time

49054892503_ab3c24924f_b.jpg
Love your Laguiole Gev; very cool shot, both figuratively and literally!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Quite a wonderful "two" for you Stuart; the celluloid covers look marvelous!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Both are very nice, JJ, though I'm partial to the BB Winchesters from Queen. What a run!
Thanks Stuart!!! I agree 100%; arguably the best reissue ever done!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The other day I saw a Pygmy Owl out in the country, owls fascinate me and this one can be difficult to see due to its size and camouflage but they are active during the day. Not that there's much of that here now..;)

Felt like taking the Ebony White Owl out then, seen here with a Greek Euro coin, the best of the different national 1 Euro coins. (the German, Netherlands and Belgian 1 Euro are so dull, ugly even:D)

NZKH6jo.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_pygmy_owl

I'm carrying my TC Ancient 2.0 today (my avatar). Here are today's photo and an earlier favorite photo. Charlie's P.S. message on the back label was 'Please use this knife.' I am doing so.

Very nice Dean :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1230981

View attachment 1230975

View attachment 1230982

View attachment 1230989

- GT

Interesting carries, as always, Gary :) :thumbsup:

They make a pleasing pair, Jack.

Thank you Stuart :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack; I thought your clasp looked military based on the cool copper/bronze bale, excellent!!! Your certainly have two mighty fine lambs today; a phenomenal pair!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Two wooden clad totes for Wednesday; both French and both wearing Juniper.:)

Thank you very much JJ, you're showing two nice pieces of peppery-scented goodness today, love the bolster stamp :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, two from Sheffield today for me today, a Taylor's Eye Witness Lambsfoot and a William Morton Sleeveboard :thumbsup:

WvCOd8c.jpg

VsSSIvn.jpg

Last edited:
Uh oh. Red sky morning/ sailor take warning! Note the big bald faced hornet’s nest in the sugar maple just to the right of the sun. Never knew it was there until the leaves dropped. Possibly the nastiest species of pure hate with wings in this area.View attachment 1231332

View attachment 1231328Schrade Walden TK-29, and a Taylor’s Eye Witness Real LambfootView attachment 1231329View attachment 1231330

Red sky at night, shepherd's house is on fire! :eek: Great pics Jeff :) :thumbsup:

Back