What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

EgZEXK0.jpg
Hartshead stag today.

Nice pic Dave :) :thumbsup:

I remember they were very small, and wrapped in little twists of foil paper. Not too sweet, with a very strong coffee flavor. As a kid, they were a last choice candy, but I imagine I might like them now.

They sound worth investigating :) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup: right back at you Jack; lovely knife with a wonderful view!!!

I am really liking the 66 medium stockman and though I'd pair it up with a GEC 54 Harness Jack.:)

Thanks JJ, I'm also liking the #66 Stockman, and yours pairs very nicely with that Harness Jack :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, and that your Sunday is pleasant and peaceful :) Going with this black and tan pair today :thumbsup:

Eq0Sjdu.jpg

2FNhan4.jpg

View attachment 1233801 View attachment 1233802 View attachment 1233803

Great Ebony on this Wharncliff Trapper, and I love the way Tony Bose shapes his blades and swedges.

Have a Blessed Sunday everyone! Geaux Tigers!

Ed @Modoc ED , that is one of the best looking Moore Makers knives I have ever seen! Congratulations! I have always wanted to add a Moore Maker to my collection but have never found the right one.

JJ Cahill JJ Cahill , you have a wonderful knife aesthetic. Thanks for the photos.

Jack Black Jack Black , I remember Coffee Nips Jack. As r8shell r8shell wrote, they seemed to be more of an adult hard candy; small and not too sweet. Naturally, I avoided them as a kid for those reasons. Back then, I liked my candy soft, large, and as sweet as possible! They do have a tiny amount of caffeine. John JohnDF JohnDF , you confessed a few days ago that you have entered the world of adult hard candy. Do you have any information for Jack on Coffee Nips?

Last edited:
I hate you Paul, hahaha! And I thought it was perfect. Damn photography skills. I just checked with a 10X loupe and it appears to be a very slight wave in the edge, but not a ding.

- oops, sorry, Alan! Yes, it is very slight, it'll sharpen out easy I'm sure :thumbsup:

All thanks to you Jack! Have a great Sunday.

Thanks Dave, you're very kind :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1233801 View attachment 1233802 View attachment 1233803

Great Ebony on this Wharncliff Trapper, and I love the way Tony Bose shapes his blades and swedges.

Have a Blessed Sunday everyone! Geaux Tigers!

Ed @Modoc ED , that is one of the best looking Moore Makers knives I have ever seen! Congratulations! I have always wanted to add a Moore Maker to my collection but have never found the right one.

JJ Cahill JJ Cahill , you have a wonderful knife aesthetic. Thanks for the photos.

Jack Black Jack Black , I remember Coffee Nips Jack. As r8shell r8shell wrote, they seemed to be more of an adult hard candy; small and not too sweet. Naturally, I avoided them as a kid for those reasons. Back then, I liked my candy soft, large, and as sweet as possible! They do have a tiny amount of caffeine. John JohnDF JohnDF , you confessed a few days ago that you have entered the world of adult hard candy. Do you have any information for Jack on Coffee Nips?

Great-looking Bose Leslie, and thanks for the info :) Yes, I can understand why that candy might not appeal to kids. I didn't have much candy as a young 'un, but I think I'll have to seek these out. It's still only an occasional treat for me, but I do like chocolate-covered coffee beans, and this Polish candy when I come across it :) :thumbsup:

s669071679269131133_p534_i1_w300.jpeg

View attachment 1233814 We’ll be having a Thanksgiving potluck dinner at church, so this Case slimline trapper in stainless will be along in *case* anything needs dissecting, bisecting, or disassembly.

You're well-equipped Jeff :thumbsup:

Classy, as always, Alan :thumbsup:

I wonder if she had a Barlow in there, too. ;)
I'm sure at the very least she had a paring knife. ;)

Well, it is a werthers.
Right? :cool::thumbsup:

Very cool knife, ED. :cool::thumbsup:

That's a smart pairing, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

John JohnDF JohnDF , you confessed a few days ago that you have entered the world of adult hard candy. Do you have any information for Jack on Coffee Nips?
I haven't tried those for a long time. I remember they grew on me the older I got. I'll have to try them again.

These 2 today :

My old Ulster : Bought in 1961 and carried every day until 2001 and then retired after 2003

Harry
It's wonderful to see such honest use. I often say, "If this knife could talk..." But yours doesn't have to, since you were there for it all. :D
They sound worth investigating :)

I just did some online searching, and there is a "Coffee Nips" sold, but they just look like coffee flavored Werther's. What I remember were very small, maybe triangular or pyramid shaped, and in a foil twist like this:
GaNnWSXs.jpg

I guess they were rather old fashioned candy, even 45 years ago...

Back to knife-talk! I'm on a pick bone kick. :)
3Ogtohj.jpg

yFxgWaX.jpg

I'm sure at the very least she had a paring knife.
In the kitchen, I'm sure. In her purse...who knows? :p

Last edited:
Doesn’t it have to get used before I sharpen it?

- up to you, Alan :)
I sometimes sharpen my new ones, just to give them a hair-shaving edge.

Once, when a custom arrived, from a well known maker, it has two very tiny nicks in the cutting edge...........so out came the Diafolds, and a new edge was put on ;)

Back