What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

SW Junior Cattle Knife and a #54 Harness Jack

PgReyid.jpg

SDvHSVF.jpg

Unfinished business: I usually rotate my knives on Monday morning, but this morning I had to rush off to an annual physical exam at the doctor's office. So I'm still carrying my knives from last week, and I haven't yet posted my "free choice" knives from that group. Here they are.
Case Tru Sharp Tribal Lock in harvest orange jigged bone:
tribal.mark.open.jpg

Rough Rider gunstock jack (thanks, Barrett):
gunstock.pile.Vspear.jpg

- GT

Thank you. I sure do enjoy them.

But now it's Monday, and I'm carrying more recent vintage (2019 was a good year for knives)
TkzFrma.jpg
Your shrubbery always seems to have much more interesting wildlife hiding in it than mine does - the only things I find in mine are squirrels and rabbits.

Nice pairing Dylan :thumbsup:

Love that sowbelly, Dylan :thumbsup::cool::cool:, but I hadn't noticed the unusual set-up before. 3 springs? If only 2 springs, which blade shares a spring with the big clip, or is it a "sowbelly whittler" thing?

Thank you, fellas, and my apologies for the late acknowledgement. GT, the Moore Maker has three springs. However, it is the same width as a Case Sowbelly with 2 springs due to it not having any liners. Overall, a very comfortable knife to handle since it doesn't have that large sheepfoot to contend with.

I spent the better part of last week at an outdoor "wilderness" knife gathering. We engaged in much merriment, the practice of different outdoor related knife skills, and plenty of trading. I still have most of my collection packed up but this 78 was left at home due to it being on my nightstand and forgotten. Therefore, I got to carry it again today. Shown with a new fixed blade acquisition.

xzEyWGF.jpg

Unfinished business: I usually rotate my knives on Monday morning, but this morning I had to rush off to an annual physical exam at the doctor's office. So I'm still carrying my knives from last week, and I haven't yet posted my "free choice" knives from that group. Here they are.
Case Tru Sharp Tribal Lock in harvest orange jigged bone:
View attachment 1234857

Rough Rider gunstock jack (thanks, Barrett):
View attachment 1234858

- GT

That's a good looking Tribal Lock, Gary. New acquisition?

I have been packing up gear for a few days in deer camp this week (leave tomorrow morning) and am still deciding on cutlery. As of this posting, it will be a Cutco Drop Point Hunter, a Kershaw Diskin Hunter, and a Gerber Gutting Hook for deer duty, and a Case Texas Jack for cigar cutting and guarding my drink.

eH1Jb1H.jpg

- Stuart

Last edited:
Back