What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thank you ! I am still taken with this knife. Just sharpened her up :D and oiled the briar...olive of course
Put some olive oil on my olive wood too. Some of the Laguioles are a little pricey, but I am thinking of adding one nice one a year to my collection. Been carrying it a lot lately.

I have been packing up gear for a few days in deer camp this week (leave tomorrow morning) and am still deciding on cutlery. As of this posting, it will be a Cutco Drop Point Hunter, a Kershaw Diskin Hunter, and a Greber Gutting Hook for deer duty, and a Case Texas Jack for cigar cutting and guarding my drink.

eH1Jb1H.jpg

- Stuart

Good luck Stuart! Hope to see some blood on those knives...

Many thanks JJ, that's a fine old pair of Scouts :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone has had a good weekend :) Alfred Blackwell Lambsfoot and a Camillus BSA Whittler for me today :) :thumbsup:
lTdNrIE.jpg

vYxTw1A.jpg
Thank you kindly Jack!!! Not only do you always have a great knife selection, you also have very cool props for them; love the old copy of The Scout!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
1-XL Lamb Foot
9507ebfb-3dcd-4799-bfc0-d77ddf43361c-jpeg.1234679
Quite a wonderful stag covered lamb Harvey; looks like I can reach out and touch it!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That patina is coming along nicely Taylor :thumbsup:

Unfinished business: I usually rotate my knives on Monday morning, but this morning I had to rush off to an annual physical exam at the doctor's office. So I'm still carrying my knives from last week, and I haven't yet posted my "free choice" knives from that group. Here they are.
Case Tru Sharp Tribal Lock in harvest orange jigged bone:
View attachment 1234857

Rough Rider gunstock jack (thanks, Barrett):
View attachment 1234858

- GT

Good luck with your exam Gary, nice carries there :thumbsup:

Stropped and ready for those pesky fingernails! :)

GEC14ebonyused-1.jpg

Looking good John :thumbsup:

Thank you, fellas, and my apologies for the late acknowledgement. GT, the Moore Maker has three springs. However, it is the same width as a Case Sowbelly with 2 springs due to it not having any liners. Overall, a very comfortable knife to handle since it doesn't have that large sheepfoot to contend with.

I spent the better part of last week at an outdoor "wilderness" knife gathering. We engaged in much merriment, the practice of different outdoor related knife skills, and plenty of trading. I still have most of my collection packed up but this 78 was left at home due to it being on my nightstand and forgotten. Therefore, I got to carry it again today. Shown with a new fixed blade acquisition.

xzEyWGF.jpg

What's your new fixed-blade Dylan? It sounds like you had a great time out in the woods my friend, your photos in the Guardians thread are fantastic :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly Jack!!! Not only do you always have a great knife selection, you also have very cool props for them; love the old copy of The Scout!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Quite a wonderful stag covered lamb Harvey; looks like I can reach out and touch it!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My two totes for today are a couple from Cattaraugus; a Whit-L-Craft scout and a spey jack.:)

Thank you very much JJ, beautiful pair of Catts :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone's week is going well so far. Going with my Ashley's Choice Lambsfoot SFO and a GEC #66 Serpentine Jack today :) :thumbsup:

3BdFvgg.jpg

PykNqXe.jpg

Back