What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Going old school for Wooden Wednesday
Vfrs03D.jpg

Ah geez. You have possibly ruined me for being able to look at other knives for a while.
Any idea how old this Ulster Is?

Just beautiful!

Ravishing vintage Robesons from Rochester, JJ, and equally enchanting "Surf & Turf"! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I'd be hard-pressed to choose a favorite from those duos; coin flips say the Robeson pen knife and the Imperial EO swell end jack! ;)
Thank you very kindly good Sir!
Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a Robt. Klaas mini canoe:
canoe-red-mark-closed-jpg.1236246

Big Knife of the Week is an Imperial USA 4" clip/pen toothpick (thanks, Dave):
toothpick-vpen-dogs-jpg.1236247

Peanut-ish Knife of the Week is a Camillus 21, along with the tie I wore, among other garments, for our wedding (thanks, Mike):
wedding-tie-camillus-21-jpg.1236251

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Sarge BSA Barlow:
sarge-pile-open-cap-jpg.1236252
Fantastic foursome you have today Gary; always love an old Imperial but that BSA Sarge is very cool!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

You know, I would have liked that knife when I was working the deck evolutions in the Navy. I had to cut things occasionally but never had the need to puncture anything. Lovely example.
It's a very nice knife and I think the pattern fits this purpose very well, especially with stainless blade steel vs the usual carbon steel. Unfortunately this reclaimed chestnut would beautiful as it is turns out to be very soft and sensitive making this more a showcase knife than an EDC. I wish they would have stabilized the wood better, more similar to my Trestle Pine knives. That would have made this an excellent user!

It may be Thursday, but I'm still savoring posts from last weekend! :rolleyes:
Today with GEC #25 EO in stag.;):thumbsup:
Today with Bulldog barlow in stag.;):thumbsup:
Sublime stag examples, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Bloodwood Queen & stag Fight'n Rooster for me today.View attachment 1233427
Bewitching Fight'n Rooster! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

These 2 today :
GEC 35 Rendezvous 2018 Special 1 of 12

My old Ulster : Bought in 1961 and carried every day until 2001 and then retired after 2003...

Harry
It's wonderful to see such honest use. I often say, "If this knife could talk..." But yours doesn't have to, since you were there for it all. :D
Harry, I never noticed how translucent the covers of that pickled Churchill are; very cool! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
When I see your faithful Ulster, I often have a thought similar to Rachel's about the stories the knife could tell. But she and I reach different conclusions. Because YOU were there with the knife, I'd really enjoy a thread in which you told some of the stories from that knife's illustrious past, sort of an Ulster biography as told from Harry's perspective! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1233801 View attachment 1233802 View attachment 1233803

Great Ebony on this Wharncliff Trapper, and I love the way Tony Bose shapes his blades and swedges.
That's a championship-caliber trapper, LT!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1233814 We’ll be having a Thanksgiving potluck dinner at church, so this Case slimline trapper in stainless will be along in *case* anything needs dissecting, bisecting, or disassembly.
How old is your slimline trapper, Jeff? It's real attractive :thumbsup::cool::cool:, but for some reason I thought the pattern was a fairly recent addition to the Case line-up. Looks like I'm wrong (again :rolleyes:)!

Alan, it's always a treat to see your seashell shield stag Lloyd! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I didn't have much candy as a young 'un, but I think I'll have to seek these out. It's still only an occasional treat for me, but I do like chocolate-covered coffee beans, and this Polish candy when I come across it :) :thumbsup:

s669071679269131133_p534_i1_w300.jpeg

My wife often buys dark chocolate-covered espresso beans at Trader Joe's; they're quite addictive! :eek::thumbsup::D

Back to knife-talk! I'm on a pick bone kick. :)
3Ogtohj.jpg

What a pulchritudinous pair of pick bones, Rachel! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Sunday carry

Charismatic Case jack, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool: (I remember going to the bank early each May back in the '70s to get a fistful of $2 bills to take with me to Louisville where I'd meet friends to attend the Kentucky Derby festivities. Obviously, I visited the $2 windows to place my bets. :rolleyes:)

I'm totin' two Ka-Bars today.
Ye0j3gc.jpg

- Stuart
Dynamic duo, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Another brand I'll have to add to my "gotta find at least one" list.

What a beautiful Böker lockback with such a smooth profile!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Todays totes are a couple of scout cousins; a Remington BSA from the 1930's and a Pal from the 1940's.:)
Scintillating scouts, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Stuart and Steve, no doubt to me that both of your Barlows are wearing Ulster Meerschaum bone sawcut handles. Here is mine to add to the group. OH

Ulster-Knife-USA-11-G-Barlow.jpg
Breathtaking Barlow, Bruce! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Off to see a doc, but stopped to pose my knives on one of my end-of-the-driveway rock walls. Didn’t notice the lady from up the road walking her dog until she asked if I was inspecting my rocks...Uh yeah. That’s it-looking at my rocks. What’s wrong, lady? Don’t you take pictures of your pocket knives?:rolleyes::D
View attachment 1234573 View attachment 1234574
Jeff, I showed your story to my wife to convince her that I'm not as weird as she thinks I am, but she just rolled her eyes and wouldn't even look at your delightful pair of knives! :(:rolleyes::thumbsup:

Alox of the Week is a Vic Pioneer:
blk.pioneer.sheath.jpg

non-Alox SAK this week is a Vic Camper:
camper.open.jpg

Bailed non-SAK this Week is an Imperial BSA scout (thanks, Rachel):
white.imp.BSA.mark.Vflat.jpg

- GT

Carrying two first cousins from Camillus today – Sword Brand No. 70 Hiker and Craftsman 95241 pen.
WsRTYlo.jpg

That Sword Brand is a real attention-getter IMHO!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Case 6347 stockman.

Superior stockman, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I'm always changing my mind about which of your knives is my favorite, Harvey. :thumbsup::rolleyes: I think I may have to simply say my favorite is the one you've posted most recently. :D I do get chills from that triple-rattail I*XL, though! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

SW Junior Cattle Knife and a #54 Harness Jack...
SDvHSVF.jpg
That cattle knife is A-1, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

XLNT ebony lambsfoot 2018 SFO, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs ~ Annual physical! If you weigh in with your full complement of weekly rotations and free choice knives of the day, Doc is going to either put you on a diet, or be impressed with your load bearing exercise routine!
Nice carries today, by the way.
Something I certainly considered, Jeff. ;) I usually only have 7 of my knives in my pants pockets, while the rest are in my ever-present backpack, which doesn't get weighed at the doctor's office. I DID drop a couple of my knives from my pockets into the door pocket of my car before entering the building. :rolleyes:

Thank you, fellas, and my apologies for the late acknowledgement. GT, the Moore Maker has three springs. However, it is the same width as a Case Sowbelly with 2 springs due to it not having any liners. Overall, a very comfortable knife to handle since it doesn't have that large sheepfoot to contend with.
Thanks for the MM sowbelly info, Dylan. :)

That's a good looking Tribal Lock, Gary. New acquisition?
Thanks, Dean. :) I've actually had it for over 1.5 years; I bought a trio of Cases at the time (Tribal Lock, chestnut jigged bone teardrop, and amber jigged bone canoe). The Tribal Lock surprised me in terms of how much I like the pattern, but I'm not very fond of the bone; it's quite different from the other example of harvest orange bone I have.

My two totes for today are a couple from Cattaraugus; a Whit-L-Craft scout and a spey jack.:)
Another supreme pair, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Good luck with your exam Gary, nice carries there :thumbsup:
Morning folks, hope everyone's week is going well so far. Going with my Ashley's Choice Lambsfoot SFO and a GEC #66 Serpentine Jack today :) :thumbsup:

3BdFvgg.jpg

PykNqXe.jpg
Capital couple of carries, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
The doctor's office called me yesterday after receiving lab results from blood tests and told me I needed to get some follow-up tests done because of "abnormal CBC results". Something to do with possible anemia, I think.

Bananas don’t really need to be cut up into nice bite sized pieces. But they can be.

View attachment 1235354
:thumbsup::D Good knife for banana duty! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
I almost always slice my bananas because I eat them on peanut butter toast and/or on cold and hot cereal.

Look out... GT has a BIG knife! :D
Looks like a great knife too. :)
Thanks, John. :) I thought the Tribal Lock might be too big for my tastes, but I was wrong.

Happy Tuesday All
The week is just flying by... :D
Orange sodbuster is tough to beat! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1235356 #43 GEC Oregon Trapper, and WWII era PAL Blade co EO JackView attachment 1235357 Have a great day!
Versatile twosome, Jeff; that PAL can raise blood pressure! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Econo canoe this week is from XYZ Brands:
canoe.mark.Vopen.bag.jpg

Premium canoe is a Marbles ram's horn model:
canoe.ram.pile.closed.jpg

- GT

Back