What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

These two today

k9HWpMb.jpg

That's a grand wood-handled BF knife, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Big Joker lockback:
View attachment 1238307

Lambsfoot of the Week is a Wright stag senator I call Man Jack (thanks for the GAW, @R.c.s ):
View attachment 1238309

- GT

Thank you, Gary. Your stag knives are gorgeous!:thumbsup: How big is that Big Joker?

Thanks for your input, Dean; it's always interesting to me to hear the preferences of "impartial observers" regarding my knives, and to compare those preferences to my own subjective preferences. ;)

Laudable pair, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: The Camillus Barlow looks brand new, and congrats on the red Case stockman!

Free Choice knives this week are a GEC #72 (thanks, @GuestWho101) and a Case mini copperlock (thanks, @Leslie Tomville):
View attachment 1238311

View attachment 1238312

- GT

Thank you for your kind comments, GT. That a very nice looking Mini Copperlock with some deep red bone. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Phenomenal pairs of knives, Steve & Stuart, especially the jigged bone Keen Kutter and Primble jacks that strike me as a winning 3 of a kind! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That's a beauty, Stuart! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I have a Belknap Blue Grass Barlow, but mine has synthetic covers and the clip blade has textbook recurve. :rolleyes: Still like it a lot, though:
belknap-pile-vstand-deck-jpg.1235878

Dynamic duo, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Another brand I'll have to add to my "gotta find at least one" list.

Thanks for all of the kind words, GT. I like the look of that Blue Grass Barlow; I don't think that I've seen it before.
- Stuart

Boy, you take 5 days off and keeping up with the posts in this thread becomes Sisyphean. Today, I'm totin' a Remington R1306 Tracker (by Camillus) in Delrin and a Remington Model 66 in nylon, the latter of which I am going to sight-in despite the siren calls of the NFL broadcasts.

VaLKeb5.jpg

hyQjCSe.jpg

- Stuart

Kouple of Klassic Knives, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Have you reshaped and refinished the Opinel handle?
- GT
I did, Gary. I wanted to remove the fat flares on the sides. I also had to reshape the blade due to an unfortunate tip down drop onto concrete years ago. I bought that in the late ‘70s for backpacking a section of the Appachian Trail. Opinels were sort of the backpacker’s must-have due to their light weight.

0E708081-8516-4841-8F6D-DABBEA6944FC.jpeg Please forgive me for more shots of one of today’s totes! After sitting down having finished my musical contribution to today’s service (7 songs~1 hour plus), I spent the next hour stealthily fondling my Case split back whittler. I had looked long and often for one of these, always passing due to the prices. I think I was able to afford this one because it was covered by rust. Luckily, under the ugly were full, unsharpened blades. Something about this pattern, maybe it’s the solid fatness, and the thicker bone, makes it perfect.893F31D1-9D5B-4DEB-918F-4FF0394CFB63.jpegF2FBEF1B-1CB4-4D5D-8C4C-B0EC9FB5137E.jpeg

Back