What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

49128443612_28ff4997e3_b.jpg

One last time before I have to start buying it at the store.
VlTumXD.jpg

#86 and a #72

QoCdqyE.jpg

A Waynorth Lamb and a Churchill Cigar for me today. :):thumbsup:

48332462872_28b852de6c_o_d.jpg

Great pics guys :) :thumbsup:

The country around Syracuse is quite beautiful. Before going out there, like most westcoasters, I thought NY and NY City were all the same.
It's a pretty nice place to live, close to the Adirondacks, the Finger Lakes, the Great Lakes and NYC. What makes it special for us is that my sons decided to settle here. Now with 3 grandchildren it'd take a team of horses to drag my wife anywhere else to live.
My parents families were from the Pittsburgh area and my cousins all equated NY State with NY City until they visited us and saw the difference.

Still with the Buck 212 and Case Texas jack, but this little Buck 309 just came in and will be living in my watch pocket for a while.

And a very satisfying, likeable small knife they are too:cool: Lucky enough to have one in Yellow D as well, too bad they're no longer made:(.

Regards, Will

I hope to see New York in the near future...

Perhaps New York has become a kind of epi-centre? Rather like what Dr Johnson said of the Med in the c18th?

From Boswell’s Life of Samuel Johnson:

“A journey to Italy was still in his thoughts. He said, ‘A man who has not been in Italy, is always conscious of an inferiority, from his not having seen what it is expected a man should see. The grand object of travelling is to see the shores of the Mediterranean. On those shores were the four great Empires of the world; the Assyrian, the Persian, the Grecian, and the Roman.—All our religion, almost all our law, almost all our arts, almost all that sets us above savages, has come to us from the shores of the Mediterranean.’ The General observed, that ‘THE MEDITERRANEAN would be a noble subject for a poem.'”

And er, knife content from Italy: Lionsteel in Ram's Horn

bQvr2jy.jpg

Great pics guys :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack! :) :thumbsup:

That is great pairing my friend and it appears to me that it is getting to be a real favorite for you .

Harry
Harry, my friend, they’re definitely a favorite! :) I absolutely love the Waynorth Lambsfoot. Of all my 35’s this Sambar Churchill is the one I actually use and carry the most. I hope you guys have a great holiday! :thumbsup: :)

Perhaps New York has become a kind of epi-centre? Rather like what Dr Johnson said of the Med in the c18th?

From Boswell’s Life of Samuel Johnson:

“A journey to Italy was still in his thoughts. He said, ‘A man who has not been in Italy, is always conscious of an inferiority, from his not having seen what it is expected a man should see. The grand object of travelling is to see the shores of the Mediterranean. On those shores were the four great Empires of the world; the Assyrian, the Persian, the Grecian, and the Roman.—All our religion, almost all our law, almost all our arts, almost all that sets us above savages, has come to us from the shores of the Mediterranean.’ The General observed, that ‘THE MEDITERRANEAN would be a noble subject for a poem.'”

And er, knife content from Italy: Lionsteel in Ram's Horn

bQvr2jy.jpg
I'd have to agree with Mr. Johnson. We've travelled all over Italy and if I had to live somewhere other than my home in the US, it would be there, most likely around Florence. I also agree with Mr. Johnson's quote in my sig line!
Here's an Italian knife with the Tuscan countryside in the background. I just dropped it into my pocket.
6BMayYF.jpg

Back