What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

William Rodgers, Sheffield
877CC5D5-958D-4281-9162-63D1355F012B_zpslj9bxuyx.jpeg

F27DEED6-82B1-4B8A-80D0-BDC0CC51FA2E_zpspybkiqxw.jpeg

Thank you Will, and I totally agree about Jeff:thumbsup: typing one handed/one finger, had impingement shoulder surgery at 7:00 am and the nerve block still hasn't worn off:eek: had the other shoulder done 4 yrs ago and it was the same thing with the nerve block...wow that seemed like a long reply with one finger and correcting all the typo's:D

Brave effort Paul:thumbsup: I've never learned how to type OTHER than 1 hand 1 finger, but I manage a bit;)
I hope you don't have too much pain and get back to fit and fast.

Regards, Will

A fine brace of French folders JJ :cool: :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone is having a good week. Three days without any rain here, possibly a British record, well at least for this year :rolleyes: My Hartshead Barlow SFO and a GEC #44

E0OsedF.jpg

g52cKjz.jpg
Thank you kindly Jack!!! Again you have an outstanding pair of totes; I'm always delighted by the various cool props and backgrounds you cleverly incorporate!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you, JJ !! Those two knives stun ! Great photo and I will have to investigate the Le Provencal by Sabot in Olive.
Thank you very much Gev!!! What a fine stately old Stock knife you have today; I'm always amazed at how picturesque your wonderful cutlery is!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
This ole rag again.

img_6041-jpg.1243564

img_6042-jpg.1243565
Quite the handsome "ole rag" Paul; beautiful covers with those sleek sunken joints, marvelous!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Wondrous wood (and file work), JJ.
Queen City cattle knife (1922-1932) and a Jarrett Fleming Talus (2017) are today's totes.

oIU35Ay.jpg
Thanks a lot Stuart!!! You have certainly put together an amazing pair; awesome bone on your Queen with the very cool wood on your Talus!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. Two very nice French knives. I’m currently obsessed with them.
William Rodgers, Sheffield
877CC5D5-958D-4281-9162-63D1355F012B_zpslj9bxuyx.jpeg

F27DEED6-82B1-4B8A-80D0-BDC0CC51FA2E_zpspybkiqxw.jpeg
Thank you very kindly Harvey!!! The French cutlers are great but your wonderful Sheffield cutlers are in a league of their own; what an extraordinary pen!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
November and December are always crazily busy and my Porch participation has suffered because of it lately. :( I'm so far behind on BF that I won't even try to catch up other than to reply to the quotes below that have been posted in the past week and were directed (in part) to me.

Even though a spear blade isn't my favorite, every time I see a spear blade paired with black wood it just speaks to me. :)
A spear blade IS my favorite, so I can certainly relate to your reaction, John! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Thank you, Gary, for your insightful comment on my Barlow. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Thanks, Dean, and a belated "same to you". :)

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. The tang and knife is a Chris Johnson. Old. Your Marbles demo replica is a beautiful design. Your Canoe Armada rules.:)
Thanks for the info and the feedback, Harvey. :) It's getting to be rather cold for canoeing, but I'll carry them year-round! :rolleyes:

Excellent line-up GT :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :) Lucy and your WLST make a handsome couple! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Wonderful knife quartet, Gary.;):thumbsup:
Thanks for the vote of confidence, José! :cool::thumbsup:;)

Thanks, GT, and for the kind comment on my Case slim line trapper and Case Texas Jack. The trapper is a gift from my neighbor (and fishing/hunting buddy) and the Texas Jack is a gift from Half/Stop Half/Stop .
- Stuart
Can't beat good knives with good backstories, Stuart! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Neat stockman and great Canoes, Gary. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean; must be my 2 favorite patterns. :rolleyes:

That's a beauty, GT.
What year was that?

Who doesn't love a good Lambsfoot? :D
A stellar group of knives, Gary. The BladeForums jack is a standout in any group! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for your comments, John and Dean. :) That BF knife is from 2014, the year of the stag forum knife. Mine is a gift from a BF member, and for reasons unknown to me, he exchanged the original stag covers for that distinctive jigged bone! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (Unfortunately, I fumbled it while fondling it one day, and it fell on an asphalt path and lost one of the handle pins. :()
I'm certainly not someone who doesn't love a good Lambsfoot! :eek::rolleyes:

Here are some of my knives for this week.
Marbles ram's horn sowbelly stockman:
sowbelly.ram.mark.closed.deck.jpg

Kingston cattle knife (thanks, Mark):
cattleknife.open.jpg

Winchester yellow synthetic canoe:
yellow.mark.2open.jpg

Rough Rider stag canoe:
stag.canoe.mark.2open.jpg

RR faux tortoise shell mini canoe:
mini.tort.mark.closed.bright.jpg

- GT

Back