What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thank you very much my friend . I have noticed in the past that yours shows those what look to be flakes . Mine does not look like flakes so much . Just the flat color of brass . I am surprised that more people have not purchased one of these .

I am also surprised Harry, that few have bought it, it is indeed a beautiful knife.:)
For me even more, because I appreciate stainless steel.;):thumbsup:

I like that picture. :cool::thumbsup:

Auto (car, Jeep, bike, etc) people do the best stuff for kids. That’s awesome. Every year we adopt a less fortunate family from church and try to spoil them.
That's awesome, good for you. :cool::thumbsup:
Our club does a few fund raiser raffles throughout the year, and then we purchase bikes, scooters, helmets and sleeping bags for this event.

This Christmas pair today!
1FW70r7.jpg

Ouch, Paul, my heartfelt condolences. I've had it happen a couple times with carbon steel German knives, and when you open that roll and see the yuck, it's a very visceral physical reaction that you have. :confused::(
Thanks Jeff, fortunately it doesn't happen often. It is disheartening due to the fact it was in pristine condition just a little while ago. Just one side of the main blade and none really anywhere else on the knife. I checked the other knives and they're good, so a bit of a mystery as to whyo_O

Oh well, an insignificant thing in life to say the least and the silver lining is that I'm going to carry it from here on out:):thumbsup:

Well this (at one time gem) is my carry for the day, although it didn't start out as such:mad: I saw Jeff's post earlier showing his half whitt and thought I'd grab 57 for the remainder of the day. Here's what I found:eek: MAJOR rust on the main and slight remnants on the other blades. Grabbed my Tidioute ebony Whittler from my knife roll and was stunned to find this:mad:no idea how this occurred as all my knife rolls are stored in a very stable environment.

No damage to any other knives and to insure safe conditions I leave a desiccant bag in the knife roll as I have for years. No chance of out gassing from a celluloid knife as there is none in the rollo_O Puzzling and disturbing as this was pristine even a month ago:confused: So, a user now, but still makes me MAD:(

FLmKMj.jpg

Hxg9jn.jpg

1pNIeU.jpg

KEzEGS.jpg

KFCrPD.jpg

Ouch! :eek: Sorry to see that Paul, but glad the other knives are OK. While photographing some old penknives yesterday, one or two of them caused me some slight concern. I moved about half my collection onto some new shelves earlier in the year. Very pleased with how they look, but I think that as winter comes on, their position, close to an outside wall, might not be the right place for them. Going to be a major job going through them all, oiling them again, applying some Ren Wax, and relocating them o_O

Outstanding pairing Jack, three thumbs up :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

“Just” carrying this Opinel today. I have a young cousin who likes knives and collects them, and is now getting into sharpening. He wants to know what a real sharp edge feels like, and the thin blades of the #8 should illustrate that clearly for him. I took this edge down to 30 degrees inclusive and stropped it on an old leather belt.

Thanks Tom, great pic of your Opinel :thumbsup:

Toting a couple Schrades for Sunday; a Whittler and a Barlow. :)

Fantastic :) You know how to keep your knives looking pristine JJ :thumbsup:

Have a great Sunday folks :thumbsup:

zz1HnPf.jpg

Q0Tdt0v.jpg

Well this (at one time gem) is my carry for the day, although it didn't start out as such:mad: I saw Jeff's post earlier showing his half whitt and thought I'd grab 57 for the remainder of the day. Here's what I found:eek: MAJOR rust on the main and slight remnants on the other blades. Grabbed my Tidioute ebony Whittler from my knife roll and was stunned to find this:mad:no idea how this occurred as all my knife rolls are stored in a very stable environment.

No damage to any other knives and to insure safe conditions I leave a desiccant bag in the knife roll as I have for years. No chance of out gassing from a celluloid knife as there is none in the rollo_O Puzzling and disturbing as this was pristine even a month ago:confused: So, a user now, but still makes me MAD:(

FLmKMj.jpg

Hxg9jn.jpg

1pNIeU.jpg

KEzEGS.jpg

KFCrPD.jpg
Sorry to hear but your last post shows your a wise man ! Great user that the universe picked for you

Back