What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

If I was going to design a Boys knife, it would look just like that. :cool::thumbsup:

Gec's first :) :thumbsup:

The Guardian of the Guardians must have hand picked that one for you, Gary!
Really nice grain.

Going to see the ortho surgeon today. Hoping to get the ok to start working
out. Elevating and ice packs helped with the swelling, but gently moving it helped more.

Good luck Jeff :thumbsup:

This one showed up Saturday from my Dad. @edkramp This was his first half-whittler build. I love being his QA guy on his prototypes. I nitpicked the heck out of it. It’s an awesome first attempt in my biased opinion. I think I’m going to carry this one. Still love the razorbeak barlow pictured. But hey it’s nice having EDC choices right!!!

xMmtreE.jpg

f9NFWxe.jpg

Gec's first :) :thumbsup:

Good luck Jeff :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. I know quite a few of our members here are walkers/ hikers, including you. I myself love the woods, and am used to getting out for a walk almost everyday. As we age, speaking only for myself, of course!, walking daily is one of the most important things we can do to hang on to what we’ve got. Looking forward to resuming that soon!

This one showed up Saturday from my Dad. @edkramp This was his first half-whittler build. I love being his QA guy on his prototypes. I nitpicked the heck out of it. It’s an awesome first attempt in my biased opinion. I think I’m going to carry this one. Still love the razorbeak barlow pictured. But hey it’s nice having EDC choices right!!!

xMmtreE.jpg

f9NFWxe.jpg
Great legacy, David! Are you making knives in his footsteps?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Our Frank?? :eek: I've never heard @knarfeng croon. ;)

Harvey & JJ, those are some ravishing shadow pens in horn and bone!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the Kingston kindness, John & JJ; it's a sneaky one! :)
The tang stamp just says "USA", so I didn't even know what I had for a while. I think Gevonovich Gevonovich identified it for me, and then I could start researching online and found a Kingston Cutlery catalog that showed it. A fabulous Porch experience! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Captivating, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Happy belated birthday; superb knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the nice comment, Stuart. :)
You posted a terrific trapper twosome, Böker and Black Box! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

What a trio of Black Beauties, and I like your seasonal avatar! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean. :)
I'll bet turkeys are attracted to a couple of fine Case knives like that; I know I am! ;):cool::cool:

That pair is not only notable, Harry, they're literally twins (fraternal, not identical)! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Steve. :)

I appreciate your commentary, Harvey. :)
The checkered/nailed covers on your French piece are sensational!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your red Robesons are always a treat, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I'm grateful to read your remarks, Jack. :) I especially appreciate either interpretation of the comment on the Pioneer, whether you intended that my old Pioneer is pretty, or that my Pioneer is pretty old! :D:thumbsup::cool:
Your stag HHB is anchoring another fine pair for you; I'm a big fan of the Electrician! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, José. :)
Your spear/pen #15 with endcap is lovely! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Belated Finnish Independence Day greetings, Will! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Are the covers identical on each side, Alan, or is one a mirror image of the other? If the former, I suppose there are savings in manufacturing costs, but that wouldn't be true of mirror image scenes, I'd guess.

Your Case Carhartt wharncliffe mini trapper is a fine knife, Vince! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Did you have to keep your knee elevated for a while, Jeff? Are you getting around OK now? Any special rehab regimen they recommended?

Remarkable indeed! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Very nice! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I carry one just like that every day! ;)

That ebony BSK with its fob is awesome, Tom, and the yellow-handled fixed blade coordinates with it perfectly! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Those are superb vintage Barlows, Dean & Paul! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

"Ashes to ashes, and dust to dust ..." Cool pic, Harvey!

My Lambsfoot of the Week is Valley Jack, my 2019 Guardians desert ironwood lambsfoot, a Jack Black SFO:
View attachment 1246143

- GT

Great photo GT :thumbsup:

Delightful Gev :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Gary, I think I might have to get my dancing boots on again! :eek: :D Nice pocketful my friend :thumbsup:

Many thanks Harvey :) :thumbsup:

That's a beautiful photo :) :thumbsup:

Stellar stag Alan :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice pairing Rachel :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Thanks pal, fantastic pic of your Valley Jack :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks JJ :D :thumbsup:

Those two look great together :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, I hope the new week starts kindly for everyone :) Toting my familiar Hartshead Barlow and a #15 Boy's Knife :thumbsup:

LZRtuUU.jpg

tcWjPgP.jpg

Nice pairing Jack :thumbsup:

These two for me today:

Thanks, Jack. I know quite a few of our members here are walkers/ hikers, including you. I myself love the woods, and am used to getting out for a walk almost everyday. As we age, speaking only for myself, of course!, walking daily is one of the most important things we can do to hang on to what we’ve got. Looking forward to resuming that soon!

Great legacy, David! Are you making knives in his footsteps?

I made one back in high school but that’s it. I’d love to start making them but I’ve got twin 4 yo boys that keep me uber busy. Plus all of my other responsibilities get in the way. Maybe one day I will start making them. As for now I treasure these little gems.

A 2001 Marbles (made by Queen) Jack in dark red jigged bone Stag covers, sports 1095 carbon blades. This Jack exemplifies Queens quality back in the day:thumbsup: paired it with a new arrival from today's mail, a 2019 modded 86 Single blade Oil Field Jack with sucker rod covers:)
dBUlie.jpg

rPTZjk.jpg

Sunset from a couple nights ago that I forgot to posto_O
whuaHT.jpg

Thanks, Dean. :)
I'll bet turkeys are attracted to a couple of fine Case knives like that; I know I am! ;):cool::cool:

Those are superb vintage Barlows, Dean & Paul! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My Lambsfoot of the Week is Valley Jack, my 2019 Guardians desert ironwood lambsfoot, a Jack Black SFO:
View attachment 1246143

- GT

Thank you for your comments, Gary. The ironwood on your lambsfoot is incredible! :thumbsup::thumbsup: A true treasure.

I like the look of that 113, I don't think I was aware of that model. Looks terrific.

A 2001 Marbles (made by Queen) Jack in dark red jigged bone Stag covers, sports 1095 carbon blades. This Jack exemplifies Queens quality back in the day:thumbsup: paired it with a new arrival from today's mail, a 2019 modded 86 Single blade Oil Field Jack with sucker rod covers:)
dBUlie.jpg

rPTZjk.jpg

Sunset from a couple nights ago that I forgot to posto_O
whuaHT.jpg

Great pictures, Paul! That Red Bone on that Marbles really strikes my fancy.

Speaking of Red Bone, I was finally able to land the one knife that has kept me enamored ever since I first saw it. Many, many thanks to Duncan ( @Campbellclanman ) for making it available to me. Paired with another of Charlie's finest SFOs.

ab9Qpj3.jpg

Back