What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Sunset from a couple nights ago that I forgot to posto_O
whuaHT.jpg
Beautiful picture, Paul. :cool::thumbsup:

As of 18:35 Mountain Time 12/09 (the postal was running a wee bit late) a freshly delivered Rough Rider RR1056 "STROKE OF LUCK" Trapper and a RR1057 "Stroke of Luck" large (4.25 inch closed) Stockman.

The BTI Old Timer 280OT Barlow that was delivered a couple days ago, stayed in my pocket.
When the Rough Rider RR1062 "Stroke of Luck" Canoe comes in, I'll put it in my pocket instead of the Barlow.

I'll probably carry the "Stroke of Luck" knives for at least a week. Maybe longer ...

Today's totes started life prior to 1954 at opposite ends of the pond; a Christopher Johnson Barlow and an old Pal scout. :)
Thank you kindly JJ. What a sweet sawcut CJ. Cool Pal, too.

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you my friend. The 15 Boy’s knife and the Hartshead are all classic, Jack.

@Amir Fleschwund - Best wishes for continued healing, Jeff. I’m with you. I love walking, especially in the woods. Fine image of those too.

Gevonovich Gevonovich - Lovely Dream Catcher image.

@paulhilborn Beautiful knives and beautiful sunset image, Paul.

@5K Qs - Thank you GT. Your Valley Jack is smashing.

Those two look great together :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, I hope the new week starts kindly for everyone :) Toting my familiar Hartshead Barlow and a #15 Boy's Knife :thumbsup:
LZRtuUU.jpg

tcWjPgP.jpg
Thank you very much Jack!!! Outstanding pairing for you today; very cool swage on your #15, classic old school!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Wonderful old Schrade Stockman Paul; love the jigging on those sleek covers!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Dream Catcher
49195164976_157189b8f6_c.jpg
Lovely pick bone covers on your old equal end beauty Gev!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you kindly JJ. What a sweet sawcut CJ. Cool Pal, too.
Thank you kind Sir!!!
Always enjoy my long walks with Ari.
6351024B-863A-41F9-8DB3-12B1A7D70ED5_zpscomof5ya.jpeg

54d02888-71a8-4ac1-b6df-7bd96f9e2ba7-jpeg.1246714
Some amazing photography today Harvey; your HHB looks very cool on its pine bed!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Despite heavy snowfall it's very dark here all the time :( 9.30 and off to work but it's barely light, by 3 it's dark again plus it gets worse until 23 Dec;) Something to brighten things up needed:) Norfolk is a common carry and here on the apple tree reminds me of June-when it's never dark, 20 hour daylight and more:D

1ZdGTa0.jpg

Despite heavy snowfall it's very dark here all the time :( 9.30 and off to work but it's barely light, by 3 it's dark again plus it gets worse until 23 Dec;) Something to brighten things up needed:) Norfolk is a common carry and here on the apple tree reminds me of June-when it's never dark, 20 hour daylight and more:D

1ZdGTa0.jpg
You caught the light just in time, very cool photo!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. I know quite a few of our members here are walkers/ hikers, including you. I myself love the woods, and am used to getting out for a walk almost everyday. As we age, speaking only for myself, of course!, walking daily is one of the most important things we can do to hang on to what we’ve got. Looking forward to resuming that soon!

I love the woods too Jeff, I wish we had more woodland here. I hope you're able to enjoy your walks to the full again soon :) :thumbsup:

Nice pairing Jack :thumbsup:

These two for me today:

Thanks To, those two'll get the job done :thumbsup:

These two today :thumbsup:

gMfc9h4.jpg

Nice pairing Steve :thumbsup:

Dream Catcher
49195164976_157189b8f6_c.jpg

Smashing Gev :thumbsup:

A 2001 Marbles (made by Queen) Jack in dark red jigged bone Stag covers, sports 1095 carbon blades. This Jack exemplifies Queens quality back in the day:thumbsup: paired it with a new arrival from today's mail, a 2019 modded 86 Single blade Oil Field Jack with sucker rod covers:)
dBUlie.jpg

rPTZjk.jpg

Sunset from a couple nights ago that I forgot to posto_O
whuaHT.jpg

A fine pair Paul, and a beautiful photo :) :thumbsup:

Speaking of Red Bone, I was finally able to land the one knife that has kept me enamored ever since I first saw it. Many, many thanks to Duncan ( @Campbellclanman ) for making it available to me. Paired with another of Charlie's finest SFOs.

ab9Qpj3.jpg

You lucky sausage! :D Congratulations Dylan, what a great-looking pair of knives, and in our favourite colours! :D :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you my friend. The 15 Boy’s knife and the Hartshead are all classic, Jack.

Always enjoy my long walks with Ari.
6351024B-863A-41F9-8DB3-12B1A7D70ED5_zpscomof5ya.jpeg

View attachment 1246714

Thank you Harvey, your photos are beautiful :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Jack!!! Outstanding pairing for you today; very cool swage on your #15, classic old school!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A couple of Schatt & Morgan totes for today; a Daddy Barlow and a Gunstock Stockman. :)

Thank you very much JJ, that''s another super-fine pair you're showing today :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone's week is going well so far :) I have these two with me today :thumbsup:

O0jO6gq.jpg

jxhnRy6.jpg

Back