What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Peanut gallery ;)
...following Rachell's lead :p

49128443612_28ff4997e3_b.jpg
:D I think you're in the lead with that beaut!

I like the look of that 113, I don't think I was aware of that model. Looks terrific.

Great pictures, Paul! That Red Bone on that Marbles really strikes my fancy.

Speaking of Red Bone, I was finally able to land the one knife that has kept me enamored ever since I first saw it. Many, many thanks to Duncan ( @Campbellclanman ) for making it available to me. Paired with another of Charlie's finest SFOs.

ab9Qpj3.jpg

Beautiful picture, Paul. :cool::thumbsup:

I love the woods too Jeff, I wish we had more woodland here. I hope you're able to enjoy your walks to the full again soon :) :thumbsup:

Thanks To, those two'll get the job done :thumbsup:

Nice pairing Steve :thumbsup:

Smashing Gev :thumbsup:

A fine pair Paul, and a beautiful photo :) :thumbsup:

You lucky sausage! :D Congratulations Dylan, what a great-looking pair of knives, and in our favourite colours! :D :thumbsup:

Thank you Harvey, your photos are beautiful :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much JJ, that''s another super-fine pair you're showing today :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone's week is going well so far :) I have these two with me today :thumbsup:

O0jO6gq.jpg

jxhnRy6.jpg
Dylan, John and Jack Thank you, Nice carries Dylan and Jack:thumbsup:

Two fine knives and another gorgeous sunset picture . Where your house sits makes a person feel like he is almost on the top of the world and the sky is huge . Take care my friend and stay warm .

Harry
Thank you Harry, it may not be the end of the world but you can see it from here:D
I was sorry to hear about that errant rust incident, Paul.
OK, now that's cold! Looks you have it figured out!

Thank you, Gev.

"Very cold" o_O If the thermometer went below zero around here, it would say "apocalypse warning!"

Sorry about the rust, but a 57 whittler is a great user!

Thanks Gary and r8shell, The 57 was just left in the knife roll until the rust issue, but know my eye's are open to how nice a knife it is:thumbsup:

Tranquility indeed :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Thanks my friend:)

Nice set up, JJ. It looks like you are ready to ride in my truck (I. also, have a small hatchet in the bed box).

That pair can ride up front in the truck.

Very fitting photo, Jack, and a fine knife.

A handsome little knife, José.

Wow!!

The Utica cigar is smokin', Steve.

Sweet dreams. Gev.

You posted a beautiful example of Queen quality, Paul. That knife is 18 years old?

Muskrat love.

A sensational sinuous pair, Ron.

Stellar stuff, Harvey, as was your "ash pile" post awhile back.

Thanks, Will. I needed that brightness today - cold and cloudy here.

Those are some gorgeous (as usual for you) relatively young (for you) knives, JJ. Excellent examples of the brand.

Tasty choice, Jack.

I can see why, José.

You added a slight curve to the pairing posted by Half/Stop Half/Stop . Both both of you are well stocked for whatever curves the day throws your way.
- Stuart

Thanks Stuart, yep made in 2001 and believe they were made until 2004? I have a few and they are all exceptional:thumbsup:

For 30+ yrs I worked out in this kind of weather so I feel I've paid my dues:eek: Nice to be indoors these days. Not bad having a heated recliner to sit in also;)
Got my recent rust discovered 57 Whittler clad in ebony today and all seems nice and cozy:)
e2Ns1f.jpg

p2vCHD.jpg

Today was what I'd consider a pretty typical Minnesota winter day: beautiful, sunny and cold. Not quite ⇧that⇧ cold :D, but not too far off, and certainly the coldest day we've had so far this winter. Eleanor (my 3-year-old) and I were out running errands for a good part of the day, and I had this bright yellow TC with me, which I thought paired well with the day's clear skies and sunshine.

iTbq3zx.jpg

Thank you very much JJ, that''s another super-fine pair you're showing today :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone's week is going well so far :) I have these two with me today :thumbsup:
O0jO6gq.jpg

jxhnRy6.jpg
Thank you kindly Jack!!! A couple of outstanding jacks you have today; those two work very well together!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Just a little old peanut.
wqothtJ.jpg
A wonderfully well loved old Robeson you have today Rachel!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Peanut gallery ;)
...following Rachell's lead :p
49128443612_28ff4997e3_b.jpg
Your charming old Keen Kutter could be a "Peanut" relative of Rachel's; gorgeous covers!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you kindly, JJ. As always, two fine ones, but my heart belongs to your S&M Daddy Barlow.
Thank you very much Harvey!!! I'm a great fan of the Le Thiers and you have certainly captured it beautifully!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
If you are going to carry two trappers on Tuesday, you might as well make it easy. Queen #11 EO times two:
u9H6l3q.jpg

Ixm87aM.jpg
Spectacular pair of Queens for you Stuart; really cool album cover, as well!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
That pair can ride up front in the truck.
Those are some gorgeous (as usual for you) relatively young (for you) knives, JJ. Excellent examples of the brand.
Thanks a bunch Stuart!!! Sometimes I bring out the young'uns to stretch their legs...;)

Thank you my good man !!! Great pics as always and that gunstock seems to be a fav :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Thanks Gev, I do like the #44 (a kind gift from @Campbellclanman) :) :thumbsup:

These two for me today.

Great-looking pair Tom :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you kindly, Jack. The Hartshead and Gunstock both look great.:thumbsup:

Thank you very much Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. They do pair well, don't they? Red & Black, all steel hardware, not a lot to complain about really. Your Hartshead is looking mighty fine with that patina developing.

Thank you so much, Harry. I assure you, they will not be leaving. That is, if I have anything to say about it :D.

Well, it is a chilly, yet rather fine day so far. I have a bit of Stag and hunter's Orange with me today. Orange is not generally my color but I do really like the knife.

6ZQhglz.jpg

Many thanks Dylan, that's a striking FB my friend :cool: :thumbsup:

Very fitting photo, Jack, and a fine knife.

Tasty choice, Jack.

Thank you for the kind words Stuart :) :thumbsup:

This one today.
6L8gzMW.jpg

Nice Dave, that's a great-looking loaf to go with your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Dylan, John and Jack Thank you, Nice carries Dylan and Jack:thumbsup:

Thanks Paul, hope you're keeping warm my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly Jack!!! A couple of outstanding jacks you have today; those two work very well together!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

These two wooden Wednesday totes from Robeson are closely related electricians; a civilian in Walnut and a soldier in Cocobolo, both from the pre WWII era. :)

Thank you kindly JJ, lovely Wooden Wednesday choices :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, I'm out of step again, felt like carrying some jigged bone, Charlie's Waynorth Lambsfoot, and a worn old Sheffield (Baxter) Jack I decided to sharpen up and slip in my pocket. Plenty of life left in the old dog ;)

U2lRQjA.jpg

wIyd8iJ.jpg

My first ever custom slipjoint, made in 2001 by my friend @Ed Kramp is screaming sharp after a bit of stropping. After many years of pocket carry, it's a little hard to tell but Ed hand jigged and dyed the bone. Am ecstatic to have this back in my pocket again. It's a true slipjoint, no halfstop, a long term pocket worn custom user. Have gotten my money's worth out of this knife, several times over, and when the backspring broke and I lost touch with Ed, I thought it was gone forever. That incident led me to the traditional forum hunting for a replacement, and I never really found it. This knife has traveled so many miles with me …

@David Kramp
Nice post; I'm glad you got your knife back, @Chief! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Todays totes are a couple pre WWII from Imperial Hammer; a Stock Knife and a Toothpick. :)
Charismatic classics, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Commendable carries, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a restful weekend.
I'm off to a 4x4 Toy Run... lots of Jeeps bringing lots of toys for less fortunate kids.
Good-looking American Old Timer, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is that one from the "traveling GAW box"?

The holiday season has started with a rush - I have 3 holiday parties to attend today. Gotta pace myself (or Miss Norma will do it for me). Packing a phat Parker this Stagurday.
ky2zn29.jpg

- Stuart
Fistful of stag on your lockback, Stuart! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Case burnt amber bone stockman.
Elegant knife, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Well this (at one time gem) is my carry for the day, although it didn't start out as such:mad: I saw Jeff's post earlier showing his half whitt and thought I'd grab 57 for the remainder of the day. Here's what I found:eek: MAJOR rust on the main and slight remnants on the other blades. Grabbed my Tidioute ebony Whittler from my knife roll and was stunned to find this:mad:no idea how this occurred as all my knife rolls are stored in a very stable environment.

No damage to any other knives and to insure safe conditions I leave a desiccant bag in the knife roll as I have for years. No chance of out gassing from a celluloid knife as there is none in the rollo_O Puzzling and disturbing as this was pristine even a month ago:confused: So, a user now, but still makes me MAD:(
Sorry to see that, Paul. :eek::( (And now you're dealing with sub-zero windchills. :mad:)

“Just” carrying this Opinel today. I have a young cousin who likes knives and collects them, and is now getting into sharpening. He wants to know what a real sharp edge feels like, and the thin blades of the #8 should illustrate that clearly for him. I took this edge down to 30 degrees inclusive and stropped it on an old leather belt.
Very cool, Tom; gotta take care of your cuttin' cousins! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today with GEC #25 on stag (1 of 25).;):thumbsup:
That's a treasure, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Hey, José, just recently had my "Ancestry DNA" updated, and it seems I am more Portuguese than Spanish! I need to study the language. Been hearing Spanish all my life here in south Texas.
You need a MAM, Vince! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

You should see what happens when a dog buries a knife and it stays buried a few days! My daughter couldn't find her Case Texas Jack for a while because our Lab buried it. Cleaned it as best I could.
That's less than ideal! :(:eek: Bone handle, no doubt. :rolleyes:

Congrats! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Has it always had that shield? Looks great!

Thanks, Gary. Not sure which country will be next. I may obtain some more Spanish navajas, but the ones I want are kind of pricey. I have an Italian stiletto on my list. I find the Finnish knives intriguing. Maybe some more English knives, although the cutlery industry is not what it used to be. May look for some old knives. There are beautiful Sardinian knives I've seen here on the forums. The Portuguese knives are comely too. And I DEFINITELY will be acquiring more French cutlery. I know the industry is not what it was, but it seems to be in good shape in France nevertheless. I know there will be more Laguioles in my collection, little by little.

Very nice choices this week: all Case! Coincidence?

Got this in my pocket again:
I used it last night to cut some twine on a Christmas tree, and then accidentally dropped it on the floor. Dinged up the edge pretty good, but I guess that's the best place for dings. Used some diamond rods (followed by ceramic) to smooth the edge again, and now the dings are gone and my Lag is RAZOR sharp.
Thanks for the info about your international plans, Vince; looking forward to seeing what you obtain! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Glad your Laguiole survived its adventures virtually unscathed.
I didn't even notice that I'd posted all Cases; purely coincidence, a surprise from my rotation schedule. :rolleyes:

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Your Case SB Jr. is a stunner.:thumbsup:
Thanks for noticing, Harvey. :) I wasn't interested in single-bladed knives until I won a SBJr in a GAW, and it changed my attitude about 1-blade knives.

Thanks 5K Qs 5K Qs !
I am really stoked with the ZT 0230 and more and more everyday:thumbsup:
The Marie Callender’s Fettuccine is really good at least I enjoy it especially for a quick and easy meal:) I normally add a couple pieces of French or Italian bread with it.
Btw those are some beautiful knives you’ve posted but I wouldn’t expect anything less from you!
Thanks for the dining review and the positive evaluation of my knives! :)

Alox of the Week is a Vic Classic:
classic.alox.closed.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Recruit modded to facilitate whittling (thanks, Greg):
right.profile.bust.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Sanrenmu (thanks, Dave):
sanrenmu.closed.jpg

International Knife of the Week is a Cudeman I got while visiting Toledo, Spain:
cudeman.open.mark.out.jpg

- GT

Nice post; I'm glad you got your knife back, @Chief! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Charismatic classics, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Commendable carries, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Good-looking American Old Timer, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is that one from the "traveling GAW box"?

Fistful of stag on your lockback, Stuart! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Elegant knife, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Sorry to see that, Paul. :eek::( (And now you're dealing with sub-zero windchills. :mad:)

Very cool, Tom; gotta take care of your cuttin' cousins! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a treasure, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

You need a MAM, Vince! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's less than ideal! :(:eek: Bone handle, no doubt. :rolleyes:

Congrats! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Has it always had that shield? Looks great!

Thanks for the info about your international plans, Vince; looking forward to seeing what you obtain! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Glad your Laguiole survived its adventures virtually unscathed.
I didn't even notice that I'd posted all Cases; purely coincidence, a surprise from my rotation schedule. :rolleyes:

Thanks for noticing, Harvey. :) I wasn't interested in single-bladed knives until I won a SBJr in a GAW, and it changed my attitude about 1-blade knives.

Thanks for the dining review and the positive evaluation of my knives! :)

Alox of the Week is a Vic Classic:
View attachment 1247223

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Recruit modded to facilitate whittling (thanks, Greg):
View attachment 1247224

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Sanrenmu (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1247225

International Knife of the Week is a Cudeman I got while visiting Toledo, Spain:
View attachment 1247226

- GT

Yessir. That’s the one he made her with for me. He even got a new pattern to do it.
64BB9240-DF0C-49B6-864E-25258C39F8E4.jpeg

Back