What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Good-looking American Old Timer, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is that one from the "traveling GAW box"?
Yes, it was from the box.
The box is so cool because as a knife guy every one of them is a potential "keeper". It's a process to get it narrowed down to just a few you're going to keep. I just couldn't resist the little Old Timer knives, just so well made and cute. :)

Alox of the Week is a Vic Classic:
classic-alox-closed-jpg.1247223
I'll echo Jack, that's a handsome Classic. :cool::thumbsup:

If you are going to carry two trappers on Tuesday, you might as well make it easy. Queen #11 EO times two:

u9H6l3q.jpg

Ixm87aM.jpg

- Stuart
Merle was a smokin’ picker.
Do you discriminate when it comes time to cut something, or do you use whichever one you reach in and come out with?

Nice whittler !
Thank you, Steve!
These two wooden Wednesday totes from Robeson are closely related electricians; a civilian in Walnut and a soldier in Cocobolo, both from the pre WWII era. :)
You almost caused me to change today’s totes!
Really nice, JJ!

Today, it’s an A.Wright and Son LTD Sheffield Lambfoot, and a little Craftsman Stockman for me.View attachment 1247267

A wonderfully well loved old Robeson you have today Rachel!;):thumbsup:

Your charming old Keen Kutter could be a "Peanut" relative of Rachel's; gorgeous covers!:D:thumbsup:
Pocket Peanut Pals. ;)
Morning folks, I'm out of step again, felt like carrying some jigged bone, Charlie's Waynorth Lambsfoot, and a worn old Sheffield (Baxter) Jack I decided to sharpen up and slip in my pocket. Plenty of life left in the old dog
Sometimes you have to be out of step, when the jigged bone is calling to you. That Baxter has plenty of life, for sure. Even broken blades can cut. :):thumbsup:

I'm going with piano keys today:
aL7QnQH.jpg

7T0F27p.jpg

I was admiring your red hot peanut too, Dean !!!! Thank you
:D

Thank you, Gev! :)

Elegant knife, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1247223

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Recruit modded to facilitate whittling (thanks, Greg):
View attachment 1247224

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Sanrenmu (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1247225

International Knife of the Week is a Cudeman I got while visiting Toledo, Spain:
View attachment 1247226

- GT

Thank you, Gary! I admire your Alox Classic every time I see it; if Victorinox put a toothpick in those, I'd carry one every day. :thumbsup:

These two wooden Wednesday totes from Robeson are closely related electricians; a civilian in Walnut and a soldier in Cocobolo, both from the pre WWII era. :)
Thank you JJ. Two(too)cool:) Robeson, JJ. The walnut covers on the left suits me to a T.

@Jack Black - Very nice pair, Jack. The Baxter Jack oozes vintage charm.:)

@5K Qs - GT, your Spanish Cudeman is a pointy beauty.:thumbsup:

Great-looking pair Tom :thumbsup:

Morning folks, I'm out of step again, felt like carrying some jigged bone, Charlie's Waynorth Lambsfoot, and a worn old Sheffield (Baxter) Jack I decided to sharpen up and slip in my pocket. Plenty of life left in the old dog ;)

U2lRQjA.jpg

wIyd8iJ.jpg

Thanks Jack, same to you :). Any plans to re-shape the secondary blade on the Sheffield?

Very cool, Tom; gotta take care of your cuttin' cousins! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1247223

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Recruit modded to facilitate whittling (thanks, Greg):
View attachment 1247224

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Sanrenmu (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1247225

International Knife of the Week is a Cudeman I got while visiting Toledo, Spain:
View attachment 1247226

- GT

Thanks GT, cool mod on the Recruit :cool:, don't think I have seen that one before.

These two for me today.

Happy Wednesday, hope it's a good one for everybody.

Very fair pairing, nice contrast in wood type, frame size and of straight edges. Both quality in the pocket:cool: Also a useful illustration of just how significant a couple of cm or an inch here or there can make on a Traditional pattern, an aspect sometimes lost on newcomers to the genre;) ( "Must have a 5 inch min folding blade etc":D)

Very fair pairing, nice contrast in wood type, frame size and of straight edges. Both quality in the pocket:cool: Also a useful illustration of just how significant a couple of cm or an inch here or there can make on a Traditional pattern, an aspect sometimes lost on newcomers to the genre;) ( "Must have a 5 inch min folding blade etc":D)
Thank you. :)
The nice thing about little knives; I can pull it out, use it, and put it back without anybody noticing.

Nice combo, Tom. LionSTEEL's M390 is awesome steel! I'd be happy with it on any knife.

Thanks Jeff, much appreciated! I really like their M390 as well, even though it is a bit of a bear to re-grind to a different edge angle. But that is expected. The M1 pictured is a great EDC size.

Back