What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I had a yearly doctor visit this morning! I took my Coffin Jack out of the pouch and dropped it in my pocket. I hope y’all have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

48453021747_a87e79de64_o_d.jpg
That's a beauty Ron! I've come to appreciate the Coffin Jack as a pattern, and in particular the Case Bose rendition of the pattern, since having one of my own. Hope your check up was aces! I'm due for one in February.

Stuart, did you hire a new artistic director or something . . . your photos have risen to a new level of accomplishment! I really like the hunters.

It's always a good day for some old Camillus ! :)

I agree whole-heartedly with this. Though only around 40 years old, this Sword Brand 89 brought huge smiles when it arrived today!

YSETVNY.jpg

That's a beauty Ron! I've come to appreciate the Coffin Jack as a pattern, and in particular the Case Bose rendition of the pattern, since having one of my own. Hope your check up was aces! I'm due for one in February.
Thanks Gary! :) The Case Bose patterns really are in a league of their own! The Coffin Jack is a really nicely sized Jack. By the way, it was Aces! ;)

Yowza, Ron! That's the best looking knife I've seen in quite awhile. :thumbsup::thumbsup::eek::)
Thank you Dean! :thumbsup: That's a great compliment sir! :)

View attachment 1248016

I get such a kick out of this knife.
A wonderful photo! :thumbsup: :)

Stuart, did you hire a new artistic director or something . . . your photos have risen to a new level of accomplishment! I really like the hunters.

Great pic of a couple of beauties !

Thanks, guys. Jeff, it is all luck for my photos - the weather caused me to move to the lower back deck for pics and the light has been good there. The Case hunters were sliding off the boots until the spey blade caught the front toe roll of one boot and they held for a photo or two. They look snuggled up - by pure luck. Thanks for the kind comment, my friend. (BTW, your "new" old Sword Brand is exquisite.)
- Stuart

Thanks for the kind comments, JJ. :)
I also appreciate your posting a pic of your 3 classic car knives; what model is that sodbuster style?
Capital couple X 2, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
The wood on the S&M barlow always gets me!
Most certainly Gary!!! That sodbuster pattern is a "Bushcraft folder" from BUDK with quite good Chinese 1095!:eek:
Thank you kindly, that unusual wood is what caught my eye!o_O;)
Dynamic Robeson duo, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Thanks again Gary!!!
Sowbelly Stockman this week is a Marbles stag bone model (thanks, Randy):
sowbelly-mark-closed-coinpurse-jpg.1247728

Regular stockman this week is the medium size in this "Three Bears" Imperial trio (thanks, Mark):
stockx3-mark-main-jpg.1247729

Premium canoe this week is from Böker:
b-3canoe-mark-2open-jpg.1247730

Econo-canoe is a Rough Rider Diamond Jim canoe (sold as "smooth black bone"):
canoedj-mark-open-jpg.1247731
Quite the fantastic fist full of beauties; from the Sowbelly and 3 Stockmans to your pair of Canoes, quite the bounty of cutlery!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sweet pairings Stuart and JJ :thumbsup:
Thank you kindly Tom!!! Another delightful couple for you today; there's not much you can't do pairing a fixed blade with a jack (Barlow!):D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you kindly, JJ. That 92 is great, new, beautiful classic. Alox rules.:thumbsup:
#15 Navy modded into a Lamb.
4F3E0890-CC1C-4D7A-9A17-37E707912FEB_zpsydcsiv4u.jpeg
Thank you very kindly Harvey!!! I always love to see your fantastic #15 EO with the Sheffield lamb upgrade, very cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I toted these two old hunters today, both Case 65 SABs from 1940-1964, one in green, the other in red. As comfortable in hand as old boots are on your feet.

8kq3BQ9.jpg
Outstanding image of your classic Case hunters; those blades were made for working!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

So this one's not rare, not particularly valuable, and certainly not one of the nicer knives I own. However, it is the first knife I bought when I decided to start "collecting" a couple of years ago so I decided to slip it in my pocket today in place of my normal GEC Eureka Jack

5u0HbSM.jpg

Last edited:
Back