What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Particle Theory

49214964993_c39bd1bbb1_c.jpg

49215446341_1cd1f3d3bd_b.jpg

Classy pairing Ron :thumbsup:

That looks great Ron, Coffin Jack is a nice pattern :cool: Hope your appointment went well :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good Friday 13th :eek: ;) Carrying my 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot SFO, and an Old Friend in the form of an IXL Sheepsfoot today :thumbsup:

8tYF5yj.jpg

oyETSmf.jpg
Thank you for the compliments Jack! :) It’s always great to see an 18 in the wild. They are such wonderful knives. The IXL Sheepsfoot is a beautiful old classic! :thumbsup: :)

Half/Stop Half/Stop ~ It’s funny how when we get good news from the doc we don’t ask for a second opinion...
You hit the nail on the head Jeff! :)

Again today : IMHO it is the Knife Of The Year

Harry
It would definitely be in the running Harry! :thumbsup:

Just what the doctor ordered!! Glad to hear you are in the pink of health, Ron.
Thanks Stuart! :)

Looks like a very useful pairing Dylan. Cool mug too! :D :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack! They are certainly quite the workhorses. Lovely pictures of your '18 and the ol' IXL.

With that blade and the micarta, the ‘17 BF knife looks like a great user. But they don’t get shown much here.
Love the belt knives from yesterday and today. You’ve got some nice ones!

Thank you so much, Jeff! The '17 BF knife was the first forum knife that I had any part in. Despite being a darned near indestructible material, I do think a lot of folks here (myself included sometimes) find it to be a bit off-putting as it doesn't conform well to the traditionalists in us where we favor bone, stag, and wood. From a user standpoint, there is hardly anything better and I do prefer it on my fixed blades. From an aesthetic standpoint though, it takes a backseat to most natural materials, in my humble opinion.

infinity ~
49214215006_f2de416983_b.jpg

That is an intriguingly attractive bolster stamp, Gev, I like it!

A couple clad in black for me today.

ZPekM1K.jpg

My totes for today are a couple of Keen Kutters from post WWII, both wearing black composite covers. :)
Thank you JJ. Your two Kutters are Peachy Keen.

@Jack Black - Thank you Jack.:) It would be great if before I “shuffle off this mortal coil,” I could take in this view with you and your 2018 Ebony. Followed by a few pints. Cheers!:thumbsup:

Gevonovich Gevonovich - That’s a nice beautiful old Barlow, Gev.

D Duckdog - Thank you Stuart. Beautiful knife pairing and image.

View attachment 1248016

I get such a kick out of this knife.

A very complete photo, LT; no info needed.

My totes for today are a couple of Keen Kutters from post WWII, both wearing black composite covers. :)

I am keen for that pair, JJ. Very NEAT looking.

Tasty, Jack. The IXL looks ready for the holidays.

I’ll stick with the 23 and ww2 jack today.View attachment 1248274 Have a great weekend, folks!

Good decision and a fine photo, Jeff. Kudos on both.

Camillus #17 Jack and a Buck 303 today

bryDd8z.jpg

Both are nice, Steve. The Camillus is VERY nice.

TGIF!
Have a great weekend, folks!
CscKXKY.jpg

The drop point fixed blade is sweet, Gary. You have recently shared some other nice FBs - thanks!

Case Sowbelly in camouflage Kirinite and Case Texas Jack.

View attachment 1248347

The pigbelly is a beaut, Dean. Thanks for sharing, as I had not seen it or those covers before.

The KNIFE OF THE DAY!! What a treat! Thanks, Gev.

A little U.S.-made 33OT refitted with stag...

B5K8xjL.jpg

A very nice mod on a fine knife, Wayne. Well shown.

- Stuart

The drop point fixed blade is sweet, Gary. You have recently shared some other nice FBs - thanks!
Thanks, Stuart. I'm at that place in my life where I can usually carry a sheath knife. I'm retired, suits are hanging in the closet and I can pretty much do as I please. I'd never be without one if I had my way.

Thanks, Stuart. I'm at that place in my life where I can usually carry a sheath knife. I'm retired, suits are hanging in the closet and I can pretty much do as I please. I'd never be without one if I had my way.

I understand, Gary, as my situation is the same. I've been carrying a fixed blade more often than I've posted (just lazy about taking them out for pics). Today, it was, after I put away the candy colored pair in late afternoon, this one for my buddies-at-the-bar session:

2CiONCs.jpg

- Stuart

Great Black Friday choice JJ :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good Friday 13th :eek: ;) Carrying my 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot SFO, and an Old Friend in the form of an IXL Sheepsfoot today :thumbsup:
8tYF5yj.jpg

oyETSmf.jpg
Thank you very much Jack!!! Very cool combo of wonderful Sheffields for your today; the older sheep is watching over (or under) the young lamb!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I’ll stick with the 23 and ww2 jack today.
777cfc5d-29ad-448b-b7c3-ad4b7a9284e1-jpeg.1248274
Have a great weekend, folks!
Great image of your Camillus couple Jeff; the burly 23 and the tough EO Jack make an excellent pair!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
It is a cold, overcast, drizzly day here, so I'm totin' some color for "warmth". A VANCO premium pen (1888-1940) and a Royal Brand "SharpCutter" physician's knife (1914-1954):
zgQCNx9.jpg
Really digging those old candy-stripers Stuart; those covers certainly liven up any day!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I am keen for that pair, JJ. Very NEAT looking.
Thank you very much kind Sir!!!
Thank you JJ. Your two Kutters are Peachy Keen.
Real Lamb Foot, Real Glock.
16bf1da1-4ad1-4d68-9db8-c1c44a403ef1-jpeg.1248721
Thank you Harvey!!! Very cool image of your Glock's "business end" providing overwatch for your lamb; great couple!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back