What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Always a delight to see the jigged bone lambsfoot, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Did you notice in the Guardians thread that someone else got one recently?

Thank you, Gary.:)
Yes, I saw that a similar one appeared, also very beautiful.;):thumbsup:

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Colt stag copperhead:
cuhead-mark-2open-jpg.1252742

Lambsfoot of the Week is also stag; I named it Cracker Jack:
cj-pile-vstand-deck-sky-jpg.1252741

Two beautiful knives with good stag covers, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

A nice picture and a confident sense of style that I admire.

Linus, the Sheffield Ebony Lamb.
View attachment 1252668

Linus looks regal, even when later pictured with two next-of-kin, Harvey.

My two totes for today are both very pocket friendly; a couple of 1920s-30s Robesons. :)

Those Robesons certainly put me at ease, JJ. Thanks for sharing.

I'm carrying my Hartshead Barlow and a John Primble generously gifted to me by D Duckdog (he sent me the Horehound candy too) :)

The Primble seems to be smiling, Jack. By the way, the horehound candies are gluten-free and fat-free and, since they are "medicinal, guilt-free.

cuhead-mark-2open-jpg.1252742

That's a beauty, GT, as is the Cracker Jack.

Very nice stag covers on those Case beauties Stuart; Case should have some oval shields waiting for you!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yikes, unusual for all four to lose their shields :eek:

Oh, that's a bummer to lose all four. :(

Thanks for the condolences, guys. Yes, I'll have to ship them off to Case for replacements (I have a few other Cases with similar affliction), but I have several other Case stags to tide me over, so I'll limp along.

SAK Pioneer X and my Lloyd teardrop

Unique and attractive Pioneer, Alan. Intriguing graphic.

Candy canes and lemon drops :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the sweet comment, Gev.

- Stuart

Last edited:
Thanks for the Barlow info, Dean; that blue bone is a little taste of summer. ;):thumbsup::cool:
I appreciate you assessment of my stockman knives; the RR medium stockman has most of the characteristics of the 897UH you sent me 4 years ago. :)
Great photo of your Buck BF knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean. :) I'm considering making the Kudu a "car knife" or a "winter coat knife"; it's just too long (but very light) for me to comfortably pocket carry.

View attachment 1252742

Lambsfoot of the Week is also stag; I named it Cracker Jack:
View attachment 1252741

- GT

Thank you, Gary. That's a good idea to make your Kudo a car or winter coat knife. :) Cracker Jack is a real cracker jack of a knife.

Lazy day in Colorado. Went with the kids to their church (very nice~ much bigger than ours back home, chock full of young families, which is heartening).
The weather is stunning ~ pushing 70 in the sun/cool in the shade.
I’m paying the price for pushing it on our hike the other day. The doc warned me about that too soon after surgery. Oh well, lazy day, taking turns holding the 4 month old.View attachment 1253075
And no tv! Surprisingly just fine without it.View attachment 1253054I call this 72 whittler in a bird house.

Last edited:
MGkDrCp.jpg

A small Moki Blakiston's Fish Owl.
The sheath is horizontal carry, a first for me. I like it. The sheath very nicely constructed and it's thick elastic belt loops will accept a 2" wide belt, though I think they are actually designed for a 1 1/2" wide belt. The knife itself is immaculate in conception and build quality.
V3ruXBV.jpg

I have for a long time admired southern european traditional knives and searched something that would be readily available, that would be designed to look like those italian or spanish knives. I would not mind if it had modern influence. When I saw that this knife was awailable I ordered it. It is Lionsteel Gitano slip joint.

The blade shape and handle are a lot like some traditional patterns, like navaja or fiorentino. The materials are of course modern, titanium bolsters and niolox steel. The mechanix are interesting, the action is a lot like those of Laquoile knives, except better than anything I have handled so far. Opening cycle is smooth until you reach the half-stop. Then you need a bit more force to complete opening. There is a very healthy snap. Closing the knife take some more force than opening to half-stop, then closing is easy. It feels like there is a lock, but not quite.

Blade lenght is 89 mm. The knife feels very light considering the size and carryiing is easy. It came with a clip that I removed, it in my opinion ruins the otherwise comfortable knife. I carry this in a sheath. Overall I am very pleased with this, it looks in my opinion stylish, the action is superb and the blade has a very usefull shape.

NEnEAfr.jpg

Lazy day in Colorado. Went with the kids to their church (very nice~ much bigger than ours back home, chock full of young families, which is heartening).
The weather is stunning ~ pushing 70 in the sun/cool in the shade.
I’m paying the price for pushing it on our hike the other day. The doc warned me about that too soon after surgery. Oh well, lazy day, taking turns holding the 4 month old.View attachment 1253075
And no tv! Surprisingly just fine without it.View attachment 1253054I call this 72 whittler in a bird house.
Sounds like a great day to me. Beautiful child. Our son started coming to our church recently, and I got to carry my granddaughter. Now take it easy after that surgery, Jeff!

Well, bought a house and moved in, probably shouldn't have though, it meant I didn't have time to get on here and keep up! Had 200 posts to catch up on.
Love the pics forum knife, it looks great.
View attachment 1253096
The pen in this next one is the wife's Christmas present, she wanted one with class to use in her knife pictures.
View attachment 1253097
Congratulations on the house! (That looks like a big lawn to mow!) I like the icons--beautiful. And that knife is a marvelous gift. :thumbsup:

Back